So today....I'm going to be a critic

chill6x6

We started cruising in 2003, 48 cruises later over five cruise lines and have never talked to any of them over the phone. All done through three different online travels agencies, on the internet. All questions answered promptly and all requests, such as cabin changes and price reductions handled to our satisfaction.

• Like 2

It's all just part of a cycle that is unfortunately all too common in American business.

Right now, demand is high and staffing is low. If it lasts too long, the brand gets tarnished. Eventually they recognize this as a risk and start addressing their staffing problems.

Then, for economic reasons or otherwise, they realize they hired too many people and are now in a slump. There isn't enough work for the staff. Layoffs begin.

Repeat.

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Solutions?

1) Get you lazy retired people to take a part-time job with a Royal phone center.

I wouldn't even need training.  I read cruise critic all the time.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

So like Tuesday when I called and hold time was stated to be over two hours and I hung up? Like most working folks I call when I CAN.  I'm really interested in your recent call AND cruise experience.

I call, put on my speaker phone, and then keep working or whatever.  I am so used to spending a lot of time on the phone with Royal, it doesn't even bother me anymore.  I work, play on my computer, clean, etc until they answer

Many people were on hold last week because they couldn't figure out how to do the Black Friday sales or were getting impatient with the inability to get into their cruise planner for 48 hours.  It's December 1st and those internet prices are still $13.99.  Same sales on excursions.  Drink packages still reduced.  UDP still cheaper.  Reading some of the posts on here regarding the Cruise Planner Saga makes me wonder what some people do if their favorite brand of toilet paper is out of stock.

Only thing I wish Royal would do that Celebrity does is the chat feature which is really nice.  Also Celebrity does a call back feature similar to American Airlines which I like as well.  Other than that, if I have to reach them (Royal) for something I can't do on the website such as change a room, I call 1st thing in the morning and it's a 10 minute phone call easily start to finish.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Or, Maybe the manager has 100 things on their plate and in all honesty your complaint doesn't merit the time.

Actually that lesson made me a better person. Made me look at the bigger picture and try to get a better understanding the Whole operation rather than just my little slice of the pie. Made me a better and more productive employee.

Then I would not even bother to bring up if management is too busy to care and needs help solving a problem that is their job to handle