Are Suite passengers able to use Haven check-in at a port?

Always Cruising

11 hours ago, Always Cruising said:

Specifically, I'm asking about the Prima, and it would be at Port Canaveral.  I know they haven't started Prima's trips from that Port yet, but wondered how it worked at previous ports.  Thanks in advance for any info....

Good question.  We are in Prima suite at the end of January, and were wondering the same thing.   When do you go?

I don’t believe ANY Suites on Prima get ANY Gaven perks, including boarding with Haven guests.

On the jewel ships suite passengers get some Haven perks (except being allowed in the Haven proper).

But regular suites on Breakaway/+ cabins do not get any Haven perks.

On the Jewel class ships (Gem, Jade, Pearl) the non-Haven suites have all other suite services,  amenities and benefits except that they do not give access to the Haven area itself (which is small on those ships and doesn’t include it’s own dinner restaurant for example). I would expect the Prima to be the same. 

However it is good to point out that mini suites (club balcony suites) are not suites on NCL (even though they have the name suite in them) so they do not get any suite benefits. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

I'd like to know the answer too.  As it hasn't been addressed yet in this thread.  My guess is no you can't use Haven Checkin but there my be another priority line suite passengers could use.   I'm in a suite on the Spirit in January so would be nice to know.

• Like 1

Yes indeed you can use the Haven check in. All suites (except Club balcony suites which are not real suites) can use the Haven check in. The only thing the non Haven suites cannot use is the Haven area itself while on the ship. 

We have cruised multiple times on a non Haven suite and have always used the Haven check in. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Yes indeed you can use the Haven check in. All suites (except Club balcony suites which are not real suites) can use the Haven check in. The only thing the non Haven suites cannot use is the Haven area itself while on the ship. 

We have cruised multiple times on a non Haven suite and have always used the Haven check in. 

Thanks for the answer!

• Like 2

I know you can use the Haven check-in on Jewel class ships, but not sure about Prima or Joy.  I seem to recall some people having issues at least on the Joy.

Worst case, go to the Haven check-in person and give them your suite number.  If you're on their list you're in.  If not, they should be able to direct you where to go.

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Always Cruising said:

The suite I've booked on Prima has breakfast and lunch at Cagney's (or equivalent) and concierge/butler service.  Just curious about any boarding perks.  Thanks for all answers!

On Prima the Haven restaurant is called the Haven restaurant.  There is also Cagney's but not where Haven eat free.

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

On Prima the Haven restaurant is called the Haven restaurant.  There is also Cagney's but not where Haven eat free.

It will be interesting to see how breakfast and lunch at Cagney's for Prima suite passengers works.  Not sure if this has been done on other ships with both a Haven and suites with partial perks (like concierge, butler, b'fast and lunch at Cagney's).  I will report back after our Dec 16 cruise.  Thanks for all responses.

we were recently on the gem . we were in a non-haven 2 bedroom suite. we got all the exact  same perks as the haven, breakfast at moderno's, lunch at cagney's,  butler, concierge, priority boarding, disembarkation, all except access to haven pool  and courtyard. 

only difference was our suite was around $3000 less. for a savings of $3000, i dont need access to the private pool.  by the way, the cabins are almost identical.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 8:01 PM, Always Cruising said:

It will be interesting to see how breakfast and lunch at Cagney's for Prima suite passengers works.  Not sure if this has been done on other ships with both a Haven and suites with partial perks (like concierge, butler, b'fast and lunch at Cagney's).  I will report back after our Dec 16 cruise.  Thanks for all responses.

How did everything work out? We are in a Family Suite with Master on Prima in April.

We have priority embarkation and disembarking, right?

Were the butler & concierge helpful?

How often did you use Cagney's seating for breakfast or lunch?

TIA

After asking a few different people, we were finally led to Haven check-in at the port.  Lines at Port Canaveral Dec 16 were crazy long, so we didn't get to check-in 'til just before noon.  After checking in, we were led on board, and told to go to Cagney's. No crew member led us there (no big deal, but different from Haven).   We met Lainie (the suite concierge) who was often at a desk in Cagney's during breakfast and lunch.  She was very helpful with reservations for shows and getting us off ship early.  Not the attention of a Haven concierge, but we paid thousands less than  those guests.  We ate 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches at Cagney's.  Menu very close to the old Haven menus.  Good service and food, but not great.  Our butler, Benny from Goa was a delight.  Our forward facing suite felt much smaller than expected for us 3 "girls."  But it worked out.  When the sofa bed was opened (very comfortable for sleeping!), I had to do acrobatics to make coffee, cuz the end of the bed touched the counter and fridge. And we couldn't figure out how to close it - our steward had to do that.   But we had a fun time, and the ship is beautiful, but different.  Happy Sailing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 12/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, Always Cruising said:

The suite I've booked on Prima has breakfast and lunch at Cagney's (or equivalent) and concierge/butler service.  Just curious about any boarding perks.  Thanks for all answers!

We’re cruising in a suite on 1/8/23 and we have butler and concierge  I’m happy that we can use a dedicated restaurant for breakfast and lunch. One week from now will be on the open seas.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!! Can you tell me how you liked the FF suite?  I’ve booked one for July and kinda nervous as I have sailmates who have never cruised. And did you say you were able to have breakfast at Cagneys?  Did you receive the amenities that you anticipated?  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, mlurdi said:

Hi!! Can you tell me how you liked the FF suite?  I’ve booked one for July and kinda nervous as I have sailmates who have never cruised. And did you say you were able to have breakfast at Cagneys?  Did you receive the amenities that you anticipated?  Thank you!!

Read Post #17

I've been saying for years that NCL confuses a lot of people with their cabin designations. No cabins should be called a suite unless they have suite or Haven privileges. Club balcony cabins should be called just that, or call them deluxe balconies. When they were called mini suites, it was just as misleading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We sailed the Prima right before Christmas in SL / 10102. 

It's the first time we've sailed in a forward suite. We love the aft suites and that is our first choice. The balcony on the forward suite was very large and had a wind shield on half of it. It was strange wind though- one sea day morning I went out with a cup of coffee and the coffee literally blew out of my cup on the wall!

Later on the same day I went out in the afternoon and there was not a wisp of wind and we were motoring along at a nice clip. Surreal.

One note about the balcony though is that it is really large but we only had 2 chairs and a table with no lounger(s). I requested at least one to be brought in, I was told by the butler to ask the concierge. The concierge told that me she was having problems getting the chair but was working on it. That evening we went to the capn's party and I met the hotel mgr. I explained we simply wanted a lounge chair on the large balcony- there was one in our balcony when we returned an hour later!

The asst concierge told us there were 32 suites that were outside the Haven that qualified for the private breakfast/lunch in Cagney's which we thoroughly enjoyed- the menus flip flopped with sea/port days and we found the service exceptional- better than the Haven because there were like 4 waiters taking care of only a dozen or so pax. Our last sailing in Nov was on the Getaway and it was in the Haven and it was much more crowded.

Edited by Wedgie Wedgie
  • Like 2

Only guest allowed to use the Haven Check in during boarding is Haven Suites. At least that has been my experiance, we will be boarding the Joy in April out of Miami and are in a haven suite, so can update during boarding then