Anyone on Onward - Dec 2022

retiredtman

17 minutes ago, jeffnjoyce said:

Curious if anyone knows whether Eric DeGray will be the cruise director on those two cruises.

Eric was scheduled to leave for vacation on January 17 (the day we begin our B2B). He left a few weeks ago to be with his father who was hospitalized. His father is out of the hospital, and other posters have mentioned that Eric will be rejoining the Onward this week. I don’t know if the time away will affect his scheduled vacation.

• Thanks 1

Atlas Bar.  Do we need an upgraded drink package to order at the Atlas Bar?  Please provide specifics.  We have a Premium drink package.  Do we need to upgrade to Ultimate to enjoy this venue.  Also do snacks there cost extra?  We have received mixed guidance.

6 minutes ago, retiredtman said:

Atlas Bar.  Do we need an upgraded drink package to order at the Atlas Bar?  Please provide specifics.  We have a Premium drink package.  Do we need to upgrade to Ultimate to enjoy this venue.  Also do snacks there cost extra?  We have received mixed guidance.

You don’t need the Ultimate Package and can pay per drink however as you already have the Premium Package you can upgrade for $7 per person per day. Given the cost of the Atlas specialty cocktails is $17.95 that could provide better value, remembering it also gives you access to more top shelf drinks and specialty cocktails in other venues. 
Snacks are chargeable in the Atlas Bar and have no relation to the drinks packages.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, retiredtman said:

Snacks cost $6.95 and upwards. Seem very expensive for what they are. 

9 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Check-in was as soon as you entered terminal C, not at 2.  First boarding was at 2, precisely as Azamara said it would be.  There was a section for suite passengers to wait.  Emergency drill took five minutes immediately after boarding.  No big muster. 

Chateaubriand was excellent, as were three vegetable sides and the special rum raisin souffle.  Tonight is Italian Chef's Table to be served in Aqualina, likely at the rear.  The long table in Prime C is a few inches higher than a standard dining table, so pretty much sit down, not high.  Two sets of three Chef's Tables supposedly sold out.

Eric likely to return on the 16th now that his father is home.  Martin did well last night.  Brunch this morning.  Two lecturers onboard plus art and bridge instructors, and a rabbi.

Must be 600 plus passengers.  Americans, Canadians and Brits totaled 550.  Even a handful from embattled Ukraine.  Azamara-branded wines leave much to be desired.  Included rose from Provence is OK.

The Ukraine guests are officer/crew families who are onboard but have to be shown as guests. All are such lovely people who have been through so much 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iata said:

There is a mistake, canard (duck) is one n not two. Even the whole phrase in french is strange and I’m french canadian, I had to look what it was in english…not normal lol

It was clearly a base canard...

• Haha 1

Just now, marinaro44 said:

Latest word is Eric is staying with parents for the holidays and will return after his already planned vacation, sometime in March.

He needs to be with them now. Glad he’s made that wise decision. Family time will be so precious for him right now 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rabo said:

Curious if anyone knows whether Eric DeGray will be the cruise director on those two cruises.

Eric just posted on FaceBook that he will be returning to the Onward in March. He is staying in Texas to help his parents during his father's recovery.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, uktog said:

Snacks cost $6.95 and upwards. Seem very expensive for what they are. 

How many did you eat? I had two last week and it was dinner, I call rhem small testings and at $6.50 I am happy.Also a great way to use OBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabo said:

Eric just posted on FaceBook that he will be returning to the Onward in March. He is staying in Texas to help his parents during his father's recovery.

Who is handling the CD duties in his absence?

1 hour ago, Roel94 said:

How many did you eat? I had two last week and it was dinner, I call rhem small testings and at $6.50 I am happy.Also a great way to use OBC.

I ate none, they were not appropriate to our needs.  I saw examples and they did not convince me otherwise.  There were plenty other options available at meal times to meet our personal needs

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

I ate none, they were not appropriate to our needs.  I saw examples and they did not convince me otherwise.  There were plenty other options available at meal times to meet our personal needs

Well, the full me up and I had four out of six. You missed great lobster

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

Martin Lawson, the Assistant Cruise Director is doing a great job

He is the CD and does a great job.loved him in Sept and he is doing his job and the ast CDjob who is home. Plus a former cast member here doing just about anything that needs doing in office to trivia to…

we will be just fine ..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roel94 said:

Well, the full me up and I had four out of six. You missed great lobster

We all missed the usual lobster but not expecting to pay $7 each to enjoy what we used to get as standard 

• Like 3