Anyone on Onward - Dec 2022

retiredtman

Onward is very much work in progress re service and food quality. They know they have issues and have had head office people onboard looking at things so hopefully there are quick fixes before you sail. 
Entertainment is good and if you have your Azamazing evening on St Kitts it’s a great event showcasing Island music and song. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, retiredtman said:

Recent news or observations - service, food, entertainment?  Expected occupancy rate for the 22 Dec 2022 Holiday sailing?

There is a semi-active roll call for this sailing. Have you checked it out yet?

So here are my first observations. Checkin was pretty quick and efficient. We are in terminal C today. We got here at around 11:30 and were given the attached form at check-in. Beware that check in does not start until 2:00pm. You will be in the waiting area waiting for your group to be called. I am still awaiting boarding but just wanted to update since we are sitting here waiting. Refreshments are offered in the waiting area. Not sure where the suites guests are but I know they have their own Lou he i. Here somewhere. They obviously have their own checking as well.  See photo. Will update as I get a chance if I have time.

F8445E26-2A72-4D39-A2F1-A73CA7B1CC83.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

So here are my first observations. Checkin was pretty quick and efficient. We are in terminal C today. We got here at around 11:30 and were given the attached form at check-in. Beware that check in does not start until 2:00pm. You will be in the waiting area waiting for your group to be called. I am still awaiting boarding but just wanted to update since we are sitting here waiting. Refreshments are offered in the waiting area. Not sure where the suites guests are but I know they have their own Lou he i. Here somewhere. They obviously have their own checking as well.  See photo. Will update as I get a chance if I have time.

F8445E26-2A72-4D39-A2F1-A73CA7B1CC83.jpeg

Thanks for posting the schedule. Interesting that the CC Meet and Mingle is going to be in the Card Room, which seems like kind of a small space for it. Let us know if you attend and if drinks and/or nibbles are offered 

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We got off today. Service, food, standard wines (we are happy with $15 bottle) were VG. Wait staff at the Patio not so much. Shows were over 90db!!! The Den singer was good. Unfortunately, when the have a BBQ on deck, they remove half the deck chairs.

Good observation. Just got on here and already know that I will not be back at the patio for drinks. 1 time was plenty enough. I'm going to post a few pics later. So far it's relaxing and I love that the ship is not packed full of people with 10,000 other people and 900 decks ( exaggerating but not really, lol). Very relaxed. Our room steward already gave us the rundown and she seems like she will be pretty good. Let's see what these 10 days are like. Oh and I guess here is a pic of the Atlas bar or at least sneak peak. Also the pool deck.

Sorry I did not go to the meet and mingle. Too many other things to get situated. The buffet lunch today was just ok. I hope it gets better as we go along. Have reservations at the steakhouse and Italian restaurant. Will let ya know how that goes. Now to find the upcoming show.

624A6ADC-F9D4-47A9-A760-FEF8E1B38A46.jpeg

50C5BB88-5AEB-4399-8C54-22C50DDA6641.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LUV2binMT said:

Any one know if Chefs Table is at regular tables or high ones.

Thanks.

On Journey in October it was at the special high table at the entrance to Prime C, except when they added a second Italian night – then it was moved to the entrance area of Aqualina where they had a large regular table and a second round table.  [The second-table group was one large party, so they didn't feel exiled to Siberia...] 

We preferred the regular table, as it's more comfortable having your feet on the floor.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sattva said:

Sad to see such dreary decor in the Atlas bar.  When that space was the library it was one of the nicest rooms at sea.

When you see it in real life, it’s much cosier than it looks in a photo. It’s an attractive bar. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sattva said:

Sad to see such dreary decor in the Atlas bar.  When that space was the library it was one of the nicest rooms at sea.

Apparently if you saw it in the condition Princess left it, you wouldn't say that...

• Like 1

Check-in was as soon as you entered terminal C, not at 2.  First boarding was at 2, precisely as Azamara said it would be.  There was a section for suite passengers to wait.  Emergency drill took five minutes immediately after boarding.  No big muster. 

Chateaubriand was excellent, as were three vegetable sides and the special rum raisin souffle.  Tonight is Italian Chef's Table to be served in Aqualina, likely at the rear.  The long table in Prime C is a few inches higher than a standard dining table, so pretty much sit down, not high.  Two sets of three Chef's Tables supposedly sold out.

Eric likely to return on the 16th now that his father is home.  Martin did well last night.  Brunch this morning.  Two lecturers onboard plus art and bridge instructors, and a rabbi.

Must be 600 plus passengers.  Americans, Canadians and Brits totaled 550.  Even a handful from embattled Ukraine.  Azamara-branded wines leave much to be desired.  Included rose from Provence is OK.

• Like 2

Eric had hoped for yesterday but he’s right to take the time to make sure everyone is on an even footing first. We thought Martin did a very good job. 

Our meal in speciality were good the MDR wasn’t. Badly cooked and not hot, several had this issue, they had an assistant head waiter running around those who had issues  - over the top and ineffective  - showy with no real change I’m afraid.

We missed the served evening offering in Windows - again the food up there was typically lukewarm or colder so we avoided in the evening. 

I hope the UK guests who were stuck in snowy airports made it. Our flight home today is cancelled so we are scrambling to fix something as we’ve major work commitments on Thursday. Caught between BA who we are due to be with an AA who may take us if BA can reticket   
I fear those who were trying to fly to the UK yesterday evening may still also be in Miami 

Hope your cruise continues to go well 

20 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks for posting the schedule. Interesting that the CC Meet and Mingle is going to be in the Card Room, which seems like kind of a small space for it. Let us know if you attend and if drinks and/or nibbles are offered 

No drinks.  No officers dropped in. We had a good crowd.  It was really fun!  Everyone stood and talked.