Crown speed issues still ongoing?

sonomaphil

Can I assume that the Crown is still having speed issues?  I noticed that out of SF in 2024 the usual 10 day Alaska itineraries on other ships are 11 days if the Crown is the ship.  Same with the Hawaii sailings 16 days on Crown, 15 days on others. 

22 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

Can I assume that the Crown is still having speed issues?  I noticed that out of SF in 2024 the usual 10 day Alaska itineraries on other ships are 11 days if the Crown is the ship.  Same with the Hawaii sailings 16 days on Crown, 15 days on others. 

We didn’t have any issues on our 28 night South Pacific.  Just returned.

No noticeable vibrations either. 

11 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

One extra sea day on the way back from Hawaii to Ensenada.

On our September/October cruise we had propulsion issues. Over 3 hours late getting back to Vancouver. The Captain made up some story that no one believed, that a pod of whales held the ship up. Ah sure… Lots & Lots of noise, shuttering & vibration in aft cabin & dining room in aft location. We always chose aft cabins that do have some vibration. This was the worst we have ever experienced. Also had 3 fires on board. The ship definitely is beyond its life span. We won’t travel the Crown again.

1 hour ago, Alberta54 said:

On our September/October cruise we had propulsion issues. Over 3 hours late getting back to Vancouver. The Captain made up some story that no one believed, that a pod of whales held the ship up. Ah sure… Lots & Lots of noise, shuttering & vibration in aft cabin & dining room in aft location. We always chose aft cabins that do have some vibration. This was the worst we have ever experienced. Also had 3 fires on board. The ship definitely is beyond its life span. We won’t travel the Crown again.

Pre dry dock problems have been posted and posted. Post dry dock is a whole different case. It's been posted that the cruises post dry dock have gone out without speed or vibration problems. Guess we'll find out on our 28day cruise in our favorite Emerald deck mini. We too like the vibration in the aft cabins.Cruise ships entering LA ports have to adhere to slower speeds due to wildlife, believe what you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alberta54 said:

The ship definitely is beyond its life span. We won’t travel the Crown again.

Do what you want. But as has repeatedly been reported, the speed and vibration issues appear to have been taken care of with the October dry dock. We were on the 28 day cruise in November and made every port on time. DH had an app which showed the ship's  course and speed, and there were times we were doing over 20 kts. We dined every night in Botticelli and never felt any vibration. I wouldn't call that "beyond its life span".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alberta54 said:

The ship definitely is beyond its life span. We won’t travel the Crown again.

Well, that cuts out about half of Princess' fleet for you, since 6 other ships are older.  7 out of 15 ships must be "beyond their life span".

• Like 5

We too were on the Crown to the South Pacific, disembarking about 10 days ago.  Each day the Captain announced our cruising speed and it was usually between 18-19 knots.  Nothing unusual about the cruising speed on this ship whatsoever.

• Like 1