Did Princess increase the amount for a cruise deposit? to $200??

oldfashioncruiser

I saw the new 2024 itineraries opened today so I took a look and that I might book one.   There were only two cabins left in the category I wanted so I thought I would put one on hold while I think about it.  I have done that many times in the past.   There was no option to hold it - just payment.   So I checked FCD.   Figured I would have time to think it over and could always cancel.    Then a message came up saying there was an error.   And I thought "just forget it - not really what I wanted".   A little later, I looked at my emails and there is one from Princess with $200 payment for each of us.   $400 total!!!      Don't Future cruise deposits count for a cruise anymore?                                                     Then I went into my account and one future cruise deposit was taken for each of us along with $100 each in future cruise credits.

Is this something new?      I booked b2b in the Med five months ago and 1 FCD was taken for each segment.

Then the new packages   - what the hell.   We have always taken the drink, WIFI and gratuity package but I don't need extra desserts and classes.   Then I just went back in and thought maybe I should get the plus since they say it will increase tomorrow.     I went in and added it - they charged me $60 dollars a day, not $50.    Did the price go up tonight?

Now, I just wanted to recheck the price and none of the Nov 2024 cruise are available to view. 

I give up!!

• Like 1

Deposit amounts will vary, depending on the cost of the cruise.  That said, one FCD per guest should suffice as a deposit.  Princess booking system will take and apply open FCC's to a booking automatically. 

Without more info, hard to tell, but there could be a system bug.  A lot of changes have happened with the new pricing and new voyages being loaded up.  For example, at least some of the CAD pricing looks incorrect.  

The new itineraries released for 2024 are actually effective Dec 14 when prices go up.  Elite members have a one-day advance jump to make bookings, but I really doubt the pricing would be any different.

I put cruise on free hold.  I was given 3 choices- FCD,-1 each  or $$240 pp, or free hold until December 16 th.

I found a few issues with pricing and think there was a website problem.

You can call or chat to get your booking changed or cancelled.

Best Sale Ever May show up on December 14 th.

I usually do book with my TA but, as I said, there were only 2 club class cabins available.  I use to book only full suites but been very disappointed with perks disappearing.  I am doing a regent cruise next month and then another line after that.  Princess has not made me happy over the last couple years.   Thanks for all your comments.

2 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

I usually do book with my TA but, as I said, there were only 2 club class cabins available.  I use to book only full suites but been very disappointed with perks disappearing.  I am doing a regent cruise next month and then another line after that.  Princess has not made me happy over the last couple years.   Thanks for all your comments.

I have not seen any reduction in suite perks. Still get the extra mini bar, champagne on embarkation, club class dining, suite breakfast and free laundry. 
Just booked a 31 day TA cruise for October 2024 and only had to burn FCD’s for deposit which also gives us $150 pp OBC

3 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

There have been two increases with the plus package.  It was 40, then went to 50 less than a year ago and now is 60 with the addition of the desserts and classes.  It sucks, but what can you do?  If you like to drink, you get it.  If you don't, you save the 120 a day and pay for tips and drinks a la carte 

4 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

I, too, have not seen a reduction in suite perks.  If any, they are happening at every category (example:  pen/pad) and/or elite amenities.  

I will admit that suite faring seems to have increased.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I, too, have not seen a reduction in suite perks.  If any, they are happening at every category (example:  pen/pad) and/or elite amenities.  

I will admit that suite faring seems to have increased.  

The removal of those items was a reaction to possible spreading of the virus that causes Covid.

If you want the pen/pad, just ask your cabin steward or at the Customer Service desk.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

The removal of those items was a reaction to possible spreading of the virus that causes Covid.

If you want the pen/pad, just ask your cabin steward or at the Customer Service desk.

Yes, you are correct.  I have asked and received...even a bar of soap.  But who knows what will be on board on my next cruise.  It is always a surprise grab bag.

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, you are correct.  I have asked and received...even a bar of soap.  But who knows what will be on board on my next cruise.  It is always a surprise grab bag.

See, even for someone who has traveled on Princess many times, each voyage is a new adventure full of surprises.

• Like 1