Parking at port in Fort Lauderdale

tampadee

1 hour ago, tampadee said:

We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale and want to at Princess' parking garage.  What is the current price for an 8 night cruise.  Is the parking garage closed to Regal Princess?

As stated previous, Heron garage is $15 per day.  As for the Regal - in January we sailed from Terminal 2 which is right at the Heron garage.  Upon returning we ended up at Terminal 25 which is usually RC/X terminal.  There was a shuttle back to the garage but the line was very long.  We ended up convincing a cab driver with a van to drop us on his way to the airport for $20.  

Not sure when you are departing but look on cruisemapper to see how many Princess ships on departure and arrival - if there are only 2 you will probably be at the Princess Terminals

2 hours ago, tampadee said:

We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale and want to at Princess' parking garage.  What is the current price for an 8 night cruise.  Is the parking garage closed to Regal Princess?

I am currently on Enchanted Princess and our car is parked in the garage at Fort Lauderdale.   It is $15 a day.   

There are two different parking garages in Fort Lauderdale.   Check the port schedule on the port authority website and see what dock the Regal will be at on the date of your sailing.   

We are not parked in Heron, we are parked in the other garage at the port and I can’t think of the name of the garage off the top of my head.    Both garages are $15 per day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tawlaw1526 said:

We are not parked in Heron, we are parked in the other garage at the port and I can’t think of the name of the garage off the top of my head.    Both garages are $15 per day.  

The other garage is the Palm Garage.

13 hours ago, Torfamm said:

It’s for exactly this reason that I park off-site. If I have to take a shuttle or taxi anyway the advantage of parking in the garage isn’t worth it to me 

Especially at double the price. 

1 hour ago, RobertoF said:

Not double anymore since Park N Fly closed.  Park N Go and others raised their prices and there is hardly a savings anymore to parking off site unfortunately.

We're paying $109.68 for 10 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

We're paying $109.68 for 10 days.

That sounds about right. People sometimes fail to mention in their quote about the extras like;

+ Services  

+ Taxes & State Fees  

Which are added to parking anywhere in Florida.

We're paying $218.35 for 20 days during a holiday period. ALL INLUDED FEES

I suppose if we parked right along the ship we could be home 30 or 40 minutes earlier but to us saving the difference is worth the small inconvenience. 

We'll still be home before noon. 😄

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That sounds about right. People sometimes fail to mention in their quote about the extras like;

+ Services  

+ Taxes & State Fees  

I suppose if we parked right along the ship we could be home 30 or 40 minutes earlier but to us saving the difference is worth the small inconvenience. 

That's odd as I just parked for eight days at Port Everglades. It charged my credit card exactly $105 - no additional fees or taxes. Perhaps they're built into the daily rate?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

+ Services  

+ Taxes & State Fees  

Except sometime the ship returns to a different pier than what it sailed out of....so you need a shuttle to get to your car.

13 hours ago, suzyed said:

Except sometime the ship returns to a different pier than what it sailed out of....so you need a shuttle to get to your car.

We always leave the ship early and get an early shuttle. We still manage to get home around noon.

5 minutes ago, sunny88 said:

We paid $105 for 7 days cruise at port.  that's $15 per day.

Wondering how do they determine the fee? small car for $15, large car for $19?  How do they know what size the car we drive in? 

From the website it seems the price determination is based on the height of the vehicle that will require a specific parking area:

The Port also provides special limited parking for over-sized vehicles, including RVs, trailers and other vehicles that are taller than the maximum height for accessing the upper floors of our parking garages. Call SP Plus Parking for more details on over-sized vehicles(*).

Parking Fees (garages and lots)
  • $15 daily maximum
  • $19 daily maximum for over-sized vehicles (*)

24 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

What kind of security is there for vehicles left i the garages? 

From the website (https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/😞

Convenient parking facilities for our cruise passengers are:
Well-illuminated

Security-patrolled

To get any other details, you can try calling the concessionaire:

For parking questions or emergencies, contact SP Plus Parking at 954-468-3680

We already received a notice that we won't be returning to terminal 2 on the 7th of Jan.  What we are planning to do on the  day of departure Dec 28th is drop our luggage at the terminal. Then go park at the Palm parking garage and get a Uber back. That way when we return our car is right there waiting for us. Less headache since we return on a Saturday also.

It may be:

Convenient parking facilities for our cruise passengers are:
Well-illuminated

Security-patrolled

But just like any parking garage or hotel lot, any damages to your vehicle are not the responsibility of the garage owner.  You accept full responsibility when you drive into the garage or lot. 

I learned this the hard way at a Hyatt near Detroit.