Covid x 2.

baw53

Arrived in Cadiz yesterday , had light lunch in the MDR ,suddenly  felt weary , had a snooze , woke up feeling unwell.Used our own LFT’s and both tested positive.Called medical centre , re tested and positive confirmed .Have to isolate for 6 days .Will miss every port ! …Not feeling any better today.Room service looking after us as is the Purser’s Office. Hey Ho! ( our first Cunard cruise) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I've many friends onboard with you but no reports on the social media sites of covid onboard.

So sad for you as it was sounding a good cruise on Queen Victoria.

Being looked after by lovely young steward.He told  me there are 6 covid cabins in his care .I did notice quite a few people entering the buffet and not using sanitizer at the entrance.I did tell a woman off for using her hands and not the tongs for the bread.She said it’s easier with hands!!!! She was English , aged about 60!!!! I have used the stairs as much as possible and always wore a mask the few times I used a lift…wanted to go from 1 to 10 and didn’t mind when there were total of 4 in ( one in each corner) but at one floor I pushed past quickly to get out when about  6 or 7 people tried to cram in on deck 3 …..I heard one man say ‘ what’s up with her?’ I just replied ‘ remember covid?’ I am Feeling a bit better this evening, nose not running now ,(  used a few boxes of tissues)  just a slight thickly cough  but hubby has a chest infection thank goodness I packed just about every cold and flu medication going .His appetite is good but I have lost mine .Had afternoon tea delivered and just had 1 cake with my cuppa , might try and eat the sarnies and scone  later.Such a shame as you say it was looking to be a good cruise.Captain announced we are leaving later tonight ( around 10pm) as still not fixed propellor blade problem and will arrive about 1 hour later than planned in Malaga tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, safarigal said:

So sorry to hear this! I hope you both feel better soon :(. Did you have to move out of your stateroom to a different one?

Thank you ….No we are in a balcony cabin , was told we would have been moved if we were in an inside or ocean view.Forgot to mention we were given a thermometer .Being well looked after , medical centre just phoned again to ask how we are and lovely young lady brought us a pack of cards and asked if we need any board games or books.( had downloaded several books on my iPad so don’t need any) Cunard do care😀😀

• Like 3

Currently onboard QV and there is virtually no social distancing or mask wearing. 
We are using the lifts as little as possible and wearing masks in crowded areas and buffet etc.

When we checked in at Southampton no-one asked us to show our proof of COVId Vaccinations nor did they ask us any health related questions!!!! We were quite shocked. 
Have heard several guests coughing around the ship. Just hoping people are being honest and getting tested or else staying in their cabins. There are lots of elderly and vulnerable guests who really don’t want to catch COVId….mild or not!!

For those who have a Cunard upcoming cruise….be warned. There are virtually no health protocols onboard QV. 

How good it is to get a knock on the door and see different face ( all be it masked) 

Our lovely ‘ covid steward’  just called with more tissues and bottles of water .1 cabin is now free of covid , no more new cases.Nice to chat for a few minutes.Good job me and hubby get on and are still the best of friends….after 55 years of marriage it’s probably just as well.Both feeling a bit better this morning .I still have no appetite , managed 1 slice of toast and some melon for breakfast…this will be the first cruise that I lose weight .We are in Malaga , I have a view over the water to the hills , hopefully it will  be warm enough to sit out on the balcony today but we have to keep moving and do as much exercise as we can , going to try and make it 1 mile this morning ( door to balcony without knocking my knee on the table).

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this happened to you on board.  I was on the last QV cruise and despite taking what I thought were reasonable precautions (using stairs, regular hand washing, using sanitizer etc) I came down with Covid 24 hours after getting home.  Nowhere else I could possibly have caught it other than on board.  Personally I suspect the buffet, but I also heard people coughing round the ship and fear not everyone was as honest as you have been.  Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

We are currently on the QM2.   Very few in masks but many passengers are coughing and appear to at least have a cold if not flu or COVID.    We had a table for six on the first leg from NYC and at the beginning of the next leg two table mates disappeared.    We asked about them, for three days until they finally confessed that the two had COVID.    We were never tested although we were clearly close contacts.   Luckily we have not caught it and it has been 7 days.   Guess this is a risk we all take when wandering in public ashore or at sea.

18 hours ago, baw53 said:

Thank you ….No we are in a balcony cabin , was told we would have been moved if we were in an inside or ocean view.Forgot to mention we were given a thermometer .Being well looked after , medical centre just phoned again to ask how we are and lovely young lady brought us a pack of cards and asked if we need any board games or books.( had downloaded several books on my iPad so don’t need any) Cunard do care😀😀

we had it on our cruise in July and they gave us a load of sudokos and crosswords as well. We were very well looked after. Hope you both feel better soon.

Edited by elmsliebev

Cunard Care insurance in the US will pay a Trip Interruption benefit due to

"You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury or subpoenaed during the Trip; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster"

"Quarantine" is defined in the insurance contract as 

"Your strict isolation imposed by a Government authority or Physician to prevent the spread of disease."

So if any of this applies to you (or other readers) make sure to retain a written statement from the ship's medical department directing you to isolate in your stateroom.  If you're isolating 6 out of 8 or 9 days you could receive much of your cruise fare back from the insurance.

They provided shuttle buses today in Malaga from the ship to the city. 
Heard several passengers questioning whether they should put a mask on to board the shuttle. 
Apart from being courteous to other passengers and protecting themselves, Spanish rules are to wear masks on all public transport!!! 
Decided to walk back to the ship….much safer. 

3 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Cunard Care insurance in the US will pay a Trip Interruption benefit due to

"You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury or subpoenaed during the Trip; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster"

"Quarantine" is defined in the insurance contract as 

"Your strict isolation imposed by a Government authority or Physician to prevent the spread of disease."

So if any of this applies to you (or other readers) make sure to retain a written statement from the ship's medical department directing you to isolate in your stateroom.  If you're isolating 6 out of 8 or 9 days you could receive much of your cruise fare back from the insurance.

I am in the UK and I have full travel insurance with cruise extension and covid cover.Qualifying us  for ‘ up to £1000 per person for cabin( got this cruise at bargain price with port parking , balcony cabin for under £2000 );confinement .Medic office have done the necessary paperwork for me , was told I will probably get quite a bit  of the cruise cost back as have missed all but 1 of the ports.Def going to be at least 6 days but the document we were given states isolate for 10…..have been asked about getting home when we return to Southampton so think it.may well be 10 now I have  read that…….C’est  la vie…it will be whatever it will be…..just this minute had a phone call , not being tested until Tuesday evening next week , it will be a PCR test not a lateral flow.

Passengers from 2 more cabins tested negative today ….now only 3 cabins with covid .Our test is late tomorrow afternoon so we miss the 2nd day here in Lisbon .

Our 5th day, today has seemed to be the longest.We have coped well with quarantine , it has been quite an experience but fingers crossed it ends tomorrow.

• Like 2

Update re quarantine.I thought we would be tested today as it is the 6th day, but apparently the day we tested positive is classed as Day Zero and it’s 6 days from then.Fingers uncrossed this morning now and will be tightly crossed again tomorrow.

We both feel fine and have obviously  had mild covid , only the first  couple of days we weren’t too well .We have had the full MDR menu as well as the full Room Service menu to select from but our choice has been limited to cold food only as once we tried the ‘ hot food’ , it wasn’t , it was barely warm by the time it got here.We were given complimentary Premium Wi-Fi which has been a bonus and help keep us sane .Our covid steward’  has been a treasure even bringing little treats we haven’t requested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

Sorry about the cold food,  I did get used to eating main courses first and ordering cold starters and desserts !

I didn’t have much appetite, but had tomato soup from the room service menu a couple of times and that was hot.

I’m quite good at changing duvet covers in enclosed spaces now.It does help that they are delivered already inside out .We have twin beds and hospital corners are proving to be a little  difficult though.😀🛳🛏🛏