Riviera - slow engine causing itinerary change

Robjame

18 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

we are on it jan 4....so if ports are skipped, does O compensate...it is not weather related....I probably know the answer to that....

No, they don't break the charges for ports and taxes out separately, so they don't refund them when a port is missed. Occasionally they might have open bar for a while. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Mid-October we missed Gibraltar on the Riviera due to engine problems. Surprised they didn’t fix this during the makeover. Everyone was bummed about missing that port. 

I was very recently on a TA on Celebrity that stopped at Gibraltar.  I was totally disappointed with it.  I know they have the rock and the monkeys...but I thought it was dirty, rundown and as I was walking just kept thinking WTH is the appeal here?  After 90 minutes I went back to the ship.  

58 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I was very recently on a TA on Celebrity that stopped at Gibraltar.  I was totally disappointed with it.  I know they have the rock and the monkeys...but I thought it was dirty, rundown and as I was walking just kept thinking WTH is the appeal here?  After 90 minutes I went back to the ship.  

That makes me feel better about missing the port of Gibraltar. At least I’ve seen the Rock!

We were there in early November from the Sirena. Enjoyed the day. Didn’t find the main pedestrian street to be as described above. Also enjoyed the tour up the Rock with all the great views. Had a great lunch in town.

Found it funny seeing the good monkeys versus the bad monkeys! 

• Like 1