Cunard Christmas Card 2022

North West Newbie

We received ours today, they thank us for “our amazing hardwork” and couldn’t have done it without you! It continues that our dedication and passion, so thankful to have us as member of ships company.   And it is from Senior Management Team.  Meant for staff I think not paying customers. Merry Christmas!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

We received ours today, they thank us for “our amazing hardwork” and couldn’t have done it without you! It continues that our dedication and passion, so thankful to have us as member of ships company.   And it is from Senior Management Team.  Meant for staff I think not paying customers. Merry Christmas!

Whoops. It's causing quite some feedback on Social Media. 

Our Cunard Christmas ecard arrived a few hours ago. It's the same image as above but cropped top and bottom to make it square. I'll post our complete e-card (including the additional marketing) on my tally of Cunard Christmas e-cards called "Cunard Christmas ecard images from years past."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

I don't if they get sent to all past passengers but I haven't had one!

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US I'm not sure you necessarily even have to be a past passenger to get the Cunard ecard via email. I used to get them at the regular email address I use for all my Cunard bookings.

Then a few years ago I stopped getting any Cunard marketing material at that email address including the Christmas card. I don't think I did anything to opt out. I tried several attempts to sign back up via the "Sign up for special offers" link on the Cunard website to no avail.

Only when I signed up for special offers using a different email address (which I never use for anything else with Cunard) did I start receiving marketing emails and the Christmas ecard at that new email address. So now I have one email address I use for all my bookings with Cunard and a separate email address where I receive marketing email and the Christmas ecard. Since all I ever gave them was my name when I signed up using the new email address, it seems a bit of a stretch that they've associated that new email address with my past voyage history (but then who knows).

Edited by bluemarble

1 minute ago, bluemarble said:

I have one email address I use for all my bookings with Cunard and a separate email address where I receive marketing email and the Christmas ecard.

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. When trying to enroll to receive marketing emails the website wouldn't accept my usual email account, so i used my business account. The Christmas card arrived via the work account. Cunard is really dropping the ball* if not sending the card to past passengers!

* Sorry for the US sports analogy 

We haven't received one either and I guess we could be called reasonable clients as we get recognised in other ways.

The state of the post over here might mean it's stuck in some sorting office or we might not be getting one this year.

Am I bovvered! 😀

49 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

The state of the post over here might mean it's stuck in some sorting office or we might not be getting one this year.

That's possible!

I ordered a Scotland rugby top for one of my sons on 13 December. They are sent from Edinburgh which is approx 40 miles from where we live.

Various emails from Royal Mail have been received, but no shirt.

Yesterday, Royal Mail sent yet another email telling me that they've now received the parcel in MANCHESTER which is 220 miles away.

I wonder where it will go next.

13 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

That's possible!

I ordered a Scotland rugby top for one of my sons on 13 December. They are sent from Edinburgh which is approx 40 miles from where we live.

Various emails from Royal Mail have been received, but no shirt.

Yesterday, Royal Mail sent yet another email telling me that they've now received the parcel in MANCHESTER which is 220 miles away.

I wonder where it will go next.

You rugby shirt should have its own passport! 🙂

Due to a broken toe, I've done all my Christmas shopping on line but have been very lucky with the nominated carriers.

Worked so far.

It seems getting the cards, whether by real post or email, is pretty uncertain. I get all the other marketing email from Cunard, but just the card is not among them!  Perhaps they have issues with their mail servers or the software they use for processing the huge numbers of mail addresses when sending the cards out!  You would have thought they would send to everyone within a particular, or several, categories (eg all past passengers with a registered email address).

On 12/19/2022 at 11:16 AM, PAMJP said:

Yes just received the same , Thanking me for my dedication and passion etc 

Apparently I'm a crew member 🤔. So  I'll be expecting staff/industry rates the next time I book a Cunard Cruise.  

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, North West Newbie said:

1731967897_Cunard2022XmasCardFront.thumb.jpg.cbf38f365fbb8c2dcdff30027c3ac551.jpg120307198_Cunard2022XmasCardInside.thumb.jpg.2883e3976cff62d24df1b0602cdea210.jpg

Just received this in today's post.

Hmm.

Our Cunard Christmas card arrived today. No idea when it was sent but it came with quite a few cards, posting date spanning one day under three weeks to ten days ago!

Don't know if I should feel pleased, or slighted as the greeting in ours is the same and just says ''Merry Christmas from all of us at Cunard''!

No thanks for our passion or hard work etc and no mention of ''belonging''.  🙂

• Haha 4