Complimentary Latitude dinner wine list

thespiritmovesme

Since you can use your vouchers in any restaurant, wine should be available in all restaurants except Onda and Palomar (who have a sustainable wine list). 

Post-restart, they had the pre-pandemic wine list, which they had a lot of supply chain issues provisioning. (We had been on our 3rd or 4th choice before we found a bottle in stock on cruises right after the restart). Now, they have cut the list down to a few selections. 

image.thumb.png.c50543d170deee82f8f38e329b3bc38d.png

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Since you can use your vouchers in any restaurant, wine should be available in all restaurants except Onda and Palomar (who have a sustainable wine list). 

Post-restart, they had the pre-pandemic wine list, which they had a lot of supply chain issues provisioning. (We had been on our 3rd or 4th choice before we found a bottle in stock on cruises right after the restart). Now, they have cut the list down to a few selections. 

image.thumb.png.c50543d170deee82f8f38e329b3bc38d.png

Interestingly, we used our all of vouchers at Palomar last week for a family dinner and they offered us a bottle of wine. No one in our party drinks wine, so it may have been a limited selection.

2 hours ago, Mandalay5 said:

Interestingly, we used our all of vouchers at Palomar last week for a family dinner and they offered us a bottle of wine. No one in our party drinks wine, so it may have been a limited selection.

Interesting. None of the vouchers have updated language. We were told last week that the vouchers had to be used at different restaurants; and Onda and Palomar did not have the wines. Since the vouchers theoretically  have a 1-1-1 limit, we used ours at Teppanyaki and kept used our SDPs at Palomar (ate there twice).  

3 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Can we take our complimentary bottle, unopened, to our cabin to enjoy later? 

Yup. since we can get free glasses of wine with our beverage package, the complimentary bottle of wine come home to extend the cruise experience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Can we take our complimentary bottle, unopened, to our cabin to enjoy later? 

I was once a guest in Cagney's of a Platinum passenger who took the unopened bottle with him at disembarkation, to give to a brother whom he was about to visit.

My own first cruise as Platinum is in six weeks, and since I will have a beverage package, I might bring it home. Question: does it count against the U.S. customs exemption?

Edited by kochleffel

Last week on the BA, the wine list in Cagneys was a bit larger.  There were five or six whites, we tried a blend we’ve never had before and it was quite nice, a Spanish wine if I remember correctly. So maybe the supply chain is beginning to clear a bit, or that other suppliers are being found.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

Just back from NCL Sun. We were disappointed to find that the wine list offered with the latitudes dinner voucher is a slimmed down version from what was previously offered.  Basically it is the same wines available in the glass with free at sea.  As long time NCL cruisers, we used to enjoy a bottle of Chilean Errazuriz with our latitudes meal.  This time, of course, not on the list.  Just more trimming back by NCL.  Of course, it is trivial. But we will vote with our feet.

21 minutes ago, techappl said:

Just back from NCL Sun. We were disappointed to find that the wine list offered with the latitudes dinner voucher is a slimmed down version from what was previously offered.  Basically it is the same wines available in the glass with free at sea.  As long time NCL cruisers, we used to enjoy a bottle of Chilean Errazuriz with our latitudes meal.  This time, of course, not on the list.  Just more trimming back by NCL.  Of course, it is trivial. But we will vote with our feet.

With no more corkage fees, the best way to have good wine with dinner is to bring your own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techappl said:

I have used the corkage fee route often in the past.

But I wasn't aware that corkage fees have been done away with.  Surely the wine is just taken off you at security and returned to you on the last day?

Nope. You can bring wine and champagne on board with you to consume. Normally, there is a $15 corkage fee per 750 ml, but they recently changed the policy to waive the fee if you have one of their beverage packages.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 4:58 PM, dhanakorn said:

Shades of Blue Reisling is pretty good

CAAEA9D8-F5E0-4195-9C38-3174D0966588.thumb.jpeg.3a9fe9c1272c68427d63ded9e0bdb00c.jpeg

30243075-F087-4C1F-8020-C68B246BF048.thumb.jpeg.4f1df1dfdd498ab335ecbdf1609c1710.jpeg

Easy to drink. Pair well with the dover sole. 

91EC0430-B88B-4CB3-AB63-A16351BE11F2.thumb.jpeg.c85d6d596ff89b90aae8f7f45f7dc8b2.jpeg

Good to know, thank you. I really liked the Essence Riesling they used to offer, and I always order the Dover Sole.

31 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

The Latitudes wine list from our Prima cruise last week:

20230112_171919.thumb.jpg.98e1522db41ee054ad2f1e091685506a.jpg

Thanks!

There are [a lot] more wines on the list now than on our Prima cruises in October and December. And more than on our Breakaway wine list in August. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

The Latitudes wine list from our Prima cruise last week:

20230112_171919.thumb.jpg.98e1522db41ee054ad2f1e091685506a.jpg

DW and I really liked the 6eme Sens, it was our favorite during the Wine Tasting tour and we were happy to find that it was on the list when we went at le Bistro afterward... nice to see it's still on the list.

We are no drinker though (we even decline the drinking package), so we're no expert in any way.

• Like 1