New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

6 minutes ago, kml246 said:

We do Princess much more than Celebrity. We usually get AI on Celebrity or Plus on Princess because it was a decent discount and we do use the internet. We have quite a few future cruises booked and have the packages on both Celebrity and Princess. With the increase in prices on both lines, we said the next one we book will be Cruise Only. We did that two weeks ago when we booked a 9-night Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao cruise on Equinox. We don't really care about alcohol, though if it's included, we'll have a few. On this cruise I was going to purchase the Premium Water Package and my wife was going to do the Soda Package. We were away for the last ten days on Azamara (our first) and didn't see anything about the changes, otherwise we would have purchased them before the big changes. Now we'll need to book the Zero Proof Packages. 

From what I understand, since we're Elite with Celebrity, we would get 15% discount booking this pre-cruise, though you need to call in to do that, correct? Can it be combined with the current 10% discount booking online? Does Celebrity ever discount the packages on board?

Thanks for any info!

Kevin

No you can't combine discounts referred to as double dipping. Never seen discounted packages onboard any cruise. I thought the Elite as well as the plus discount were both 10% and must be done pre cruise?  15% would be wonderful. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scaught said:

I looked on some bar menus in the app but didn't see, do any of the bars on Beyond have champagne? Real champagne (veuve, moet, etc), not sparkling wine. 

Bumping this.  I searched for a wine list on google but it was 2 years old.  You can also search this forum.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No you can't combine discounts referred to as double dipping. Never seen discounted packages onboard any cruise. I thought the Elite as well as the plus discount were both 10% and must be done pre cruise?  15% would be wonderful. 

Thank you. I didn't think you could. Makes the Elite discount just 5%, since anyone can get the 10%. Elite drink package discount pre-cruise are 15%. Goes to 20% with Elite+.

image.thumb.png.553f1057f626f054e87e718e474b83b2.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

When someone showed me years ago how to bring an old penny look like new by dropping it into a class of Coke,,,I think what does it do to the inside of your stomach?

Have you ever dropped a penny into stomach acid? I'll bet it is equally disturbing!

I'll venture that stomach acid laughs at soda acid!

Ok, I had to look it up. The spectrum is 0 to 14 with 7 being neutral. Stomach acid is a 1 whereas Coke is 2.7......stomach wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scaught said:

I looked on some bar menus in the app but didn't see, do any of the bars on Beyond have champagne? Real champagne (veuve, moet, etc), not sparkling wine. 

I don't know about the Beyond specifically but I enjoyed Cattier by the glass (covered by the premium package) on the Constellation over the last year.  It was available in the dining rooms as well as at least one bar (Cellar Masters which I don't think the Beyond has is where I recall finding it).  That is the only French champagne I found by the glass.  I believe there were other options available by the bottle.

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

When I purchased a wifi package a couple of weeks ago by phone, the price quoted seemed to roughly be the elite discount on top of the cruise planner discount.  I have heard others say the same about the rink package so I believe you do get your loyalty discount on top of the pre-cruise discount.

I believe the elite discount for beverage packages used to be 10% but they increased those percentages earlier this year so it is now 15% off.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

AI looks like it might run $77 pp/pd.  Once you subtract the gratuity of $17.50 pp/pd your at $59.80 for both alcohol and WiFi.  If you consider WiFi to be worth even $10 pp/pd you are down to $49.80 for a classic drink package (and that includes gratuity).   Why not do AI?

You're right it makes sense for couple to purchase AI if they plan on drinking more than the bare minimum number of beverages.  For solo sailors such as myself AI will cost about $150 /day. Applying the same math, gratuities $17.50 pppd, WiFi, $10 pppd (value to us, not what Celebrity charges) that leaves $122.50 per day for beverages, if I factor in port days where I'm off the ship most days, it makes sense just to pay as you drink.

Edited by dreamer321

6 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

You're right it makes sense for couple to purchase AI if they plan on drinking more than the bare minimum number of beverages.  For solo sailors such as myself AI will cost about $150 /day. Applying the same math, gratuities $17.50 pppd, WiFi, $10 pppd (value to us, not what Celebrity charges) that leaves $122.50 per day for beverages, if I factor in port days where I'm off the ship most days, it makes sense just to pay as you drink.

Are you saying that a solo cruiser has to pay for two people with AI because it's part of your cruise fare?

If that's true then Princess, once again, makes more sense. Their Plus package isn't part of the cruisefare but is an add-on and includes gratuities, wifi and drinks (up to $15). Because it'd an add-on a solo cruiser only has to pay for one person.

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Have you ever dropped a penny into stomach acid? I'll bet it is equally disturbing!

I'll venture that stomach acid laughs at soda acid!

Ok, I had to look it up. The spectrum is 0 to 14 with 7 being neutral. Stomach acid is a 1 whereas Coke is 2.7......stomach wins.

OK,I also looked it up.

Gastric Acid usually has a pH of between 1.5–3.5.

Whichever way you look at it Coke is very acidic I believe.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6t_zY6ZD8AhVNQkEAHReBAhoQFnoECAwQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ucsfhealth.org%2Fmedical-tests%2Fstomach-acid-test&usg=AOvVaw2MbzFM6pEgh48AYhm3tTK5

Are you saying that a solo cruiser has to pay for two people with AI because it's part of your cruise fare?

For example if I book a 8 NIGHT ARUBA, BONAIRE & CURACAO cruise on Reflection. the Cruise-Only fare would be $1611, All Included fare would be $2814.  

That's $1203 for 8 nights => $150 per night. Cruise Only gratuities would be $140, gratuities would be include in All Included.

For a couple the price breaks down to Cruise Only $799 per person, All included $1396 per person.

So yes, solo sailors pay twice as much per day per person as a couple.

Edited by dreamer321

36 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

But I don't suppose one acid is worse than the other., the stomach is designed to withstand very strong acids......so the comment about Coke doing damage to your stomach just because it removed corrosion from a penny doesn't ring true.

https://www.gcaustralasia.com/Upload/product/pdf/96/Acidity-pH-chart.pdf

On 12/21/2022 at 9:21 AM, CincinnatiKid16 said:

After procrastinating on booking a beverage package for our BCC comped February cruise to the Mexican Riveria, I was ticked-off to learn that prices had gone up significantly earlier this week.  I decided to call the Blue Chip Club and at least get the 15% discount.  Well, they did better than that...

After being on hold for two hours, and then being told they were no longer offering the 15% discount, I was offered some sort of "special"  deal on the Premium Package.  With my CC Classic level 10% discount, it ended up being just under $60/person + the added gratituity; for the seven day cruise the final cost was $1,007.72 for the two of us to get the Premium Package!  This was actually cheaper than what they were quoting for the Classic Package.  To say the least, I am thrilled!

I’m in the same exact situation as you were in, but I tried calling them and they weren’t able to find/offer me the cost of $1,007.72 for a premium drink package for two. Your total matches up exactly with what I had previously paid for the premium drink package with the BCC 15% discount on a different cruise.

I’m nor sure if you’ll see this post, but is there any chance you could post your order confirmation or anything that might have the name of that special premium package discount you received? The best that BCC would offer me for premium is $739/pp after gratuities…

Edited by Agent47

I wish I had more to offer; below is the screenshot of the email confirmation I received.  I have no idea how they came up with the original rate that I was given to end up with $839.86 for two people ($65.99/pp/day)…which included the 10% Classic discount!

to be honest, once I realized the deal I was getting I didn’t want it ask too many questions; I was afraid they were going to find an error and make me pay more!

5CC46839-83CB-4EFF-9869-806BB0C77F7D.thumb.jpeg.59bccf0cab50cd8c5191086dadb4d0b2.jpeg

Edited by CincinnatiKid16

7 minutes ago, CincinnatiKid16 said:

I wish I had more to offer; below is the screenshot of the email confirmation I received.  I have no idea how they came up with the original rate that I was given to end up with $839.86 for two people ($65.99/pp/day)…which included the 10% Classic discount!

to be honest, once I realized the deal I was getting I didn’t want it ask too many questions; I was afraid they were going to find an error and make me pay more!

5CC46839-83CB-4EFF-9869-806BB0C77F7D.thumb.jpeg.59bccf0cab50cd8c5191086dadb4d0b2.jpeg

If this happened within the first few days after the price increase i would bet that IT just hadn't caught up with the change yet.

Someone on one of our Roll Calls was also able to get the old move up price that first week.

On 12/24/2022 at 10:40 AM, CaroleSS said:

But I don't suppose one acid is worse than the other., the stomach is designed to withstand very strong acids......so the comment about Coke doing damage to your stomach just because it removed corrosion from a penny doesn't ring true.

https://www.gcaustralasia.com/Upload/product/pdf/96/Acidity-pH-chart.pdf

Plus we should avoid swallowing pennies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CincinnatiKid16 said:

Thanks for the fast reply. Maybe I’ll give them another call later and hope for a different rep. Based on my past experiences with calling BCC, what they offer seems to be vary based on the rep you speak with. 

The math was always a bit funky on the drink packages in terms of value, but I think that with these latest increases, the convenience of the packages no longer outweighs the cost.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stellarose said:

over a 1000 for two people for the classic package? yikes. 

Yes indeed.  Will be sailing 12/31 with the Perks Plus package that cost me $999.00 (including gratuities) that we purchased over the summer.  It includes premium alcohol, $250 cabin credit, premium internet for one device, and a bag of laundry.  Looks like a bargain now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CincinnatiKid16 said:

Actually, the $1007 is for the premium pacakge...

And to up the craziness of it all, when I was talking to the BCC folks, the price they quoted for the classic package was actually more expensive than the premium ($1043 for classic; $1007 for the premium)!  

Go figure!

wow wow wow

On 12/23/2022 at 3:53 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Both Pepsi and coke can shove it, 😁

I like the store label stuff better , not as  sweet compared to the Major over price stuff 😁

""Mexican Coke" is even more expensive, but worth it! It 's made with sugar vs corn syrup and tastes like Coke used to taste!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nasus2 said:

we enjoy a glass of port with cheese and biscuits after our meal in mdr. On eclipse we were disappointed. With port that was offered. Is there a better option if we upgrade from classic to premium? 

Do you remember what was offered?  My partner likes Graham’s LBV but it seems to be gone from our local wine store.