New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think it was on this thread that someone said Princess was/had raised the price on their drink packages and about the same as Celebrity.

Princess has raised their packages (Plus and Premier) twice, but they are still not even close to being expensive as Celebrity’s.  

• Like 1

I looked at my two 2023 cruises.  We are classic on our Med cruise All Included but our South America cruise has Elevate hence premium.  

I could stay on classic and pay the difference.  I just decided I didn’t want to think about it.  I pay for so many other things.  Why not a drink package upgrade?

• Like 2

Have seen a few posts asking for the 'new' Celebrity Drink Package upgrade math. It goes like this. To upgrade from Classic to Premium, it is $20 / per person / day. To that, multiply the gratuity of 18% (20*1.18) to get to $23.60 /pp/day. Most posters here are also Captain's Club members eligible for a 10% drink upgrade discount. So, $23.60*.9= $21.24 / pp / day. So, for a 7 night cruise for two, the upgrade cost will be $21.24*7*2= $297.36.  

3 minutes ago, HogDog said:

Have seen a few posts asking for the 'new' Celebrity Drink Package upgrade math. It goes like this. To upgrade from Classic to Premium, it is $20 / per person / day. To that, multiply the gratuity of 18% (20*1.18) to get to $23.60 /pp/day. Most posters here are also Captain's Club members eligible for a 10% drink upgrade discount. So, $23.60*.9= $21.24 / pp / day. So, for a 7 night cruise for two, the upgrade cost will be $21.24*7*2= $297.36.  

With your math the upgrade fro Elite and Elite+ would be 20.60/day. but it isn't. It's 14.14. I have absolutely NO idea how they get to that.

4 minutes ago, HogDog said:

We just did a 7 night upgrade from classic to premium and it was $223.02 with the Captains Club 10% discount.  Not sure why it was less but we'll take it.  

1 minute ago, HogDog said:

What's even worse is our Canadian FX rate is sitting at 1.40 right now.  That makes purchasing a drinks package out of reach for me. I also don't drink enough in a day to make it worthwhile.   

22 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Never seen those,,love them,especially the one were the little lad stands on the two cans to reach the Pepsi.

ps…never understood the US love affair with Coca Cola.

When someone showed me years ago how to bring an old penny look like new by dropping it into a class of Coke,,,I think what does it do to the inside of your stomach?

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texed said:

And, I never understood the love affair of some Great Britains for mushy peas.  😁

And I love mushy peas with Cod and chips with plenty of salt and vinegar over.

But I hate stupid little garden peas.😉

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I thought  I had read that everyone in stateroom had to be one the same package? 

The way I've interpreted Celebrity's policy is that if one person in a stateroom wants to purchase a beverage package all passengers in the same cabin have to purchase a package, either classic, premium or zero proof but that the packages don't have to be the same. One partner can buy the premium package and the other can buy the zero proof package. I'm also pretty sure that if one person wants the zero proof package rather than an alcohol based package they aren't going to require documentation of need, they will just take your word.

52 minutes ago, Tigerfnan23 said:

We just did a 7 night upgrade from classic to premium and it was $223.02 with the Captains Club 10% discount.  Not sure why it was less but we'll take it.  

Nice, you got last weeks price. $15 package difference*1.18(gratuity)*.9(CC discount)= $15.93 pp/day*7 days*2 people = $223.02. Unfortunately, I've called 3 times this week to get lucky with that pricing. No luck for me. 

1 hour ago, scaught said:

I looked on some bar menus in the app but didn't see, do any of the bars on Beyond have champagne? Real champagne (veuve, moet, etc), not sparkling wine. 

Do you mean by the bottle or by the glass?  I think by the glass is limited.

59 minutes ago, HogDog said:

Nice, you got last weeks price. $15 package difference*1.18(gratuity)*.9(CC discount)= $15.93 pp/day*7 days*2 people = $223.02. Unfortunately, I've called 3 times this week to get lucky with that pricing. No luck for me. 

I upgraded myself at the old price on Monday.  By the time I decided to upgrade my partner today they were at the new price.  Of course.  I should have done both on Monday.  Lesson learned.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

What's even worse is our Canadian FX rate is sitting at 1.40 right now.  That makes purchasing a drinks package out of reach for me. I also don't drink enough in a day to make it worthwhile.   

I priced out my one cruise that doesn't have a drink package included and it's shocking how much it costs for 7 days with the Canadian $ (it's about 1/3 of the trip). For now I've left it to figure out what I am going to do, right now it's looking like maybe non alcohol and hit the LCBO for two bottles of wine  😅

4 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I priced out my one cruise that doesn't have a drink package included and it's shocking how much it costs for 7 days with the Canadian $ (it's about 1/3 of the trip). For now I've left it to figure out what I am going to do, right now it's looking like maybe non alcohol and hit the LCBO for two bottles of wine  😅

For me on a 12 day cruise it’s not even close.  But it could be a better deal to pay drink by drink.  

12 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Our FX rate is so high 1.385 at the moment doesn't make sense to take the package.  I got 2 LCBO gift cards for Xmas which will be useful for my January cruise on Sky Princess.  I hope the rate gets better in time for my 15 night April TA. 

AI looks like it might run $77 pp/pd.  Once you subtract the gratuity of $17.50 pp/pd your at $59.80 for both alcohol and WiFi.  If you consider WiFi to be worth even $10 pp/pd you are down to $49.80 for a classic drink package (and that includes gratuity).   Why not do AI?

• Like 1

We do Princess much more than Celebrity. We usually get AI on Celebrity or Plus on Princess because it was a decent discount and we do use the internet. We have quite a few future cruises booked and have the packages on both Celebrity and Princess. With the increase in prices on both lines, we said the next one we book will be Cruise Only. We did that two weeks ago when we booked a 9-night Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao cruise on Equinox. We don't really care about alcohol, though if it's included, we'll have a few. On this cruise I was going to purchase the Premium Water Package and my wife was going to do the Soda Package. We were away for the last ten days on Azamara (our first) and didn't see anything about the changes, otherwise we would have purchased them before the big changes. Now we'll need to book the Zero Proof Packages. 

From what I understand, since we're Elite with Celebrity, we would get 15% discount booking this pre-cruise, though you need to call in to do that, correct? Can it be combined with the current 10% discount booking online? Does Celebrity ever discount the packages on board?

Thanks for any info!

Kevin

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Never seen those,,love them,especially the one were the little lad stands on the two cans to reach the Pepsi.

ps…never understood the US love affair with Coca Cola.

When someone showed me years ago how to bring an old penny look like new by dropping it into a class of Coke,,,I think what does it do to the inside of your stomach?

As compared to Pepsi or something else? (Love affair with Coca Cola)

Do you think the old penny  would fair better in a Pepsi?

Edited by jagoffee