Ovation has a propulsion problem

Schlugs

I read this on facebook from a person who is currently on the Ovation.

'Mystery island and Noumea both dropped on the current ovation cruise due to propulsion issues, they are dropped as to get into Sydney this Friday.' 

Bit worried for Fridays sailing! Any ideas? 

2 minutes ago, Schlugs said:

'Mystery island and Noumea both dropped on the current ovation cruise due to propulsion issues, they are dropped as to get into Sydney this Friday.' 

She always seems to have a propulsion issue. I don't know what they have planned, but she is currently doing 16kn, which is fast enough not to be skipping 2 ports.

3 minutes ago, Schlugs said:

It got a rope around one of the propellers a couple of weeks ago.

If it’s got to go into a full dry dock,Singapore is the only place in the pacific.

It might be something internal and they just need parts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

She always seems to have a propulsion issue. I don't know what they have planned, but she is currently doing 16kn, which is fast enough not to be skipping 2 ports.

We also have an emergency on board, and we seem to have got a bit quicker in the last hour! My ex Navy husband feels we have picked up speed, but who are we to know?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Currently on Ovation. All good for Friday sailing. We will be back in Sydney on time and the next cruise will sail on time!

Ovation will be back in time to Sydney on Friday.

The big issue is the next cruise. Sydney to Milford Sound and the Bay of Islands to Sydney will be hard to soon time if you cannot go above 20 knots in 2 sea days. 

Sydney, Australia -  23 Dec. - 18:45
Fjordland National Park, New Zealand 26 Dec. - 08:00 26 Dec. - 09:00
Dunedin, New Zealand 27 Dec. - 09:00 27 Dec. - 19:00
Christchurch, New Zealand 28 Dec. - 07:00 28 Dec. - 15:00
Napier, New Zealand 29 Dec. - 10:00 29 Dec. - 17:00
Tauranga, New Zealand 30 Dec. - 10:00 30 Dec. - 18:00
Auckland, New Zealand 31 Dec. - 08:00 31 Dec. - 17:00
Bay of Islands, New Zealand 01 Jan. - 08:00 01 Jan. - 17:00
Sydney, Australia 04 Jan. - 06:30 -

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Ovation will be back in time to Sydney on Friday.

The big issue is the next cruise. Sydney to Milford Sound and the Bay of Islands to Sydney will be hard to soon time if you cannot go above 20 knots in 2 sea days. 

Sydney, Australia -  23 Dec. - 18:45
Fjordland National Park, New Zealand 26 Dec. - 08:00 26 Dec. - 09:00
Dunedin, New Zealand 27 Dec. - 09:00 27 Dec. - 19:00
Christchurch, New Zealand 28 Dec. - 07:00 28 Dec. - 15:00
Napier, New Zealand 29 Dec. - 10:00 29 Dec. - 17:00
Tauranga, New Zealand 30 Dec. - 10:00 30 Dec. - 18:00
Auckland, New Zealand 31 Dec. - 08:00 31 Dec. - 17:00
Bay of Islands, New Zealand 01 Jan. - 08:00 01 Jan. - 17:00
Sydney, Australia 04 Jan. - 06:30 -

Didn’t they get a ship almost as big into a partial dry dock in Newcastle about 3 years ago?

They put a box under one of the azipods 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I also read on Facebook that she is headed towards an unscheduled port stop (might have been Isle of Pines?) to drop off an ill passenger.

2 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

I also read on Facebook that she is headed towards an unscheduled port stop (might have been Isle of Pines?) to drop off an ill passenger.

Not IOP, but likely Noumea for medical emergencies - ironically one of the skipped ports that they were meant to be in today.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not IOP, but likely Noumea for medical emergencies - ironically one of the skipped ports that they were meant to be in today.

People who are onboard now are posting that they are frustratingly anchored off IOP but can't go ashore.

Edited by clairebearinaus

5 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

People who are onboard now are posting that they are frustratingly anchored off IOP but can't go ashore.

We were never going ashore. Only there for medical evacuation. Have been going for the past hour! Captain explained all this morning. Ovation cannot tender at all at Isle of Pines.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

We were never going ashore. Only there for medical evacuation. Have been going for the past hour! Captain explained all this morning. Ovation cannot tender at all at Isle of Pines.

You would be glad it is all over and bound for Sydney. Enjoy your sea days back.

2 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Isle of pines has a military airbase or something similar. Helicopter from there. Will take too long to get into Noumea.

Fair call, and I guess it depends on the seriousness. We have diverted past IOP and on to Noumea a couple of times on Royal previously, but it would be case by case.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You would be glad it is all over and bound for Sydney. Enjoy your sea days back.

Yes three eventful cruises plus Covid on the same Majestic Cruise as yours. Glad to get home. Sea days don’t bother us but with 3/4 of the cruise first timers, they might not enjoy it as much. Very crowded!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, resordanis said:

All this has been issued already! Very few complaints, but guest services is very crowded!

Probably RC thinking if they apply it straight away maybe they can recoup it back if passengers start spending up 😄

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I don’t believe that .

Im afraid the captain is just a meat head.

You have the emails addresses  ??

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t believe that .

What email addresses?????????

So obviously you must know more than the captain……..I am sure if he read some  ( most) of your posts he may possibly  form a similar opinion of you to what you have of him. 🤔🤔

Edited by gbenjo
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t believe that .

What are you talking about? The cruise was never scheduled to go to isle of pines, isle of pines is in fact still closed to cruise ships. They can't stop and make a day of it, the ship is returning at a slow speed because of engine troubles. 

Royal has refunded 50% of fare and given 25% FCC just for missing 2 points. Generous. What are people going to email about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1