Norwegian Fjord Cruise - Which of these 2 itineraries would you choose

mslhb

We are looking to book a Norwegian fjord cruise on Royal Caribbean in June 2024. Based on our travel dates available below are the 2 choices that could work. Both are on Anthem of the Seas and price is same. Would you choose one itinerary over the other?

Itinerary #1 Ports

Haugesund

Flam

Molde

Stavanger

Itinerary #2 Ports

Stavanger

Olden

Flam

Bruges, Belgium

Third vote for the second itinerary for the same reasons.  We stayed in Bruges for a couple of days after a cruise and loved it.  Be sure to buy your tickets for the scenic railway in Flam online well before you arrive.  We saw long lines and many disappointed cruisers who had assumed they could buy tickets the day of.

11 hours ago, janetcbl said:

I’d choose #1. All Scandinavia and Stavanger is a delightful town , with a trip by boat to Pulpit Rock a bonus (or you can climb it if you physically fit!). 

Stavanger is on both itineraries.

Guess it’s late, but I’d also vote for #2. For all the above reasons, but also because Haugesund and Molde are probably the two least interesting ports of both itineraries combined.

Edited by kaisatsu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Olden and Flam  were two of my favorite ports on my Norwegian cruise, so I'd also vote for 2.  You can do both ports independently.  The Loen Skylift and Briksdal Glacier are near Olden, and the Flam railway can be booked independently.  We had a lovely excursion that afternoon to visit a goat farm, and the company we worked with has more adventurous tours too.  The details for our excursions are in my cruise review in my signature line below, but its a  bit out of date because it was 5 years ago.