Hours after embarking, guests were requested to leave the ship

This would have to be very upsetting. Ye old Pacific Dawn aka Regal Princess.

Guests Asked to Leave Cruise Ship Due to Issue with Lifeboat Station

For a three-day Festive Market Getaway cruise, guests embarked on Ambassador Cruise Line’s Ambience in Tilbury in the UK, yesterday, December 18. However, only hours after embarking, guests were requested to leave the ship again before 09:30 AM today while enjoying their first dinner onboard. Full story here from Cruise Hive.

5 minutes ago, grozzy1 said:

They were having dinner at 9:30am?

I think the original post meant that, "while they were having dinner, passengers were advised that they would have to leave the ship before 9.30am the next day". The ship obviously would stayed tied up because of the lifeboat issue.

• Like 1

Re Ambience, my half sister in Essex UK was booked on the next cruise to Canary Islands over Christmas /New Year from Tilbury. I just spoke to her, she got an E mail yesterday from Ambassador Cruise Line saying her cruise is cancelled as the ship is in drydock. She got full refund and 15% off future cruise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Re Ambience, my half sister in Essex UK was booked on the next cruise to Canary Islands over Christmas /New Year from Tilbury. I just spoke to her, she got an E mail yesterday from Ambassador Cruise Line saying her cruise is cancelled as the ship is in drydock. She got full refund and 15% off future cruise.

What a disappointment so close to Christmas.  Seems to be more common these days. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grozzy1 said:

Emma Cruises has put out a YouTube with her experience.

Personally, if their safety is that bad I'd take the refund, not the FCC and stay clear of the ship.

Yes I saw Emma's report on YT. I think Ambassador Cruises might not last long. 

I was on her last cruise as ye olde Regal Princess in August/Sept 2007, LA to Sydney before rebirth as Pacific Dawn.  She is getting worn out now.  These older vessels need to be well maintained.

Edited by NSWP