HAS ANYONE EVER HAD MISSING LAUNDRY RETURNED TO THEM AFTER GETTING OFF THE SHIP?

victory2020

Hello, I sent laundry to be cleaned the first morning of the cruise as my Elite benefit. (Noticed that the bags were brown paper bags instead of the usual white bags).  Never got it returned, talked to several people - they said they were searching other rooms that it could have been delivered to. I told them that if it had been cleaned & taken to the wrong room, I would have had a charge that shows up, then a credit. They didn't follow my logic. I said it probably had not been processed through to cleaning. 

I had to fill out a claim but I really want one of the 4 items back as it was vintage Italian (I know, I shouldn't have sent it). Has anyone ever gotten back lost laundry? I'm not very hopeful.

Friends ended up in hospital mid cruise.  Their laundry never caught up with them.  Sadly, would not expect you to see yours again.

FWIW, we would never send anything to a ship's laundry that could shrink, fade, is fragile or is of real/sentimental value.  We do those items in the cabin sink or simply take them home unwashed.

• Like 1

I had a sweater get lost. I never got it back but filed a claim with Princess at the end of the cruise (after they had searched for it) and several months later, I got a check for the value of the sweater (which wasn't much). This was many years ago.

On my last cruise, in the middle of the cruise they went from white bags to brown/tan bags.

Thanks for your answers. I have a gut feeling since the laundry bag was brown & the cabin steward appeared to be new, that it got thrown away. I wonder how they figure out what the value is - 2 of the items were older but the leggings were brand new & I had just purchased the vintage dress in Greece (and JUST threw the receipt away while I was preparing for this trip).

41 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I wonder how they figure out what the value is - 2 of the items were older but the leggings were brand new & I had just purchased the vintage dress in Greece (and JUST threw the receipt away while I was preparing for this trip).

If you happen to have paid for the new items with your credit card a copy of the statement with the charge highlighted might work. 

On 12/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Shelly97060 said:

If you happen to have paid for the new items with your credit card a copy of the statement with the charge highlighted might work. 

I will try that. How do they re-imburse? two items were older but very good condition (certain clothes only go on cruises )

I noticed the item was missing (sweater) while on the ship. They had me fill out a report and list the cost of the item which was probably $60. Months later, I got a check in the mail that came from a company that I had never heard of before in that amount. It was in an envelope that could be interrupted as junk mail.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I will try that. How do they re-imburse? two items were older but very good condition (certain clothes only go on cruises )

Sorry I am unfamiliar with how they  determine value to settle claims of this nature.  I was only suggesting an option possibly help you show Princess the value.

Did the Claim form you filled out give you any contact information? If not you can contact propertyclaims@princesscruises.com  or try calling  800-872-6779 ext 22089  

If you haven’t filled out the online claim form for lost articles here is a link https://www.chargerback.com/reportLostItemCBEmbed.asp?CustomerID=16222

• 2 weeks later...

The new brown bags rip way too easily. I had 2 items lost because of a hole in the bag. I really hope they go back to their older, sturdier bags. 

I highly doubt you’ll get your item back post-cruise. I’m sorry you lost such a treasured item. My husband has stopped using our Elite laundry benefit because of the risk of loss/damage. I still use the benefit because I don’t want to waste my precious vacation time doing laundry, but I do get nervous now after having 2 items lost. 

On 1/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

The new brown bags rip way too easily. I had 2 items lost because of a hole in the bag. I really hope they go back to their older, sturdier bags. 

Yea, and I though the older white ones were bad. The brown ones are even worse.

• Like 1