Tervis Tumblers for Red Frog & Blue Iguana

Csoderlund

On 6/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, slavigne5577 said:

Can you buy on first day and get discount first day in Galveston?

I will sail on Vista early in Sept.  Hopefully will remember to check out the tumbler deal the first day if not definitely on the second - and report back :).

We NEED recent information. HA!

• 2 months later...

Just back from Vista.  Went up to Red Frog the first morning when it was quiet.  Asked about the tumbler since it was not on display.  They had the colored translucent ones for 7.50 or $8.85 total - empty.  Then you could use it for your drinks.  They filled it with whatever you ordered at the bars.  I got virgin drinks at the Lido Red Frog and the Atrium bar.  The tumble did hold more than the standard drink pour.  Really used it a lot for iced tea, lemonade, and water as well (always filled it using a cup, not directly from a spigot 🙂 ).

They also had other souvenir glasses such as sharks.

Seems like if you want a particular glass, you need to ask.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:19 AM, happy cruzer said:

Would love any updates on using the Tervis Tumblers.  I did notice in one cruise review picture that there were tumblers on the shelf of the coffee spot on Celebration I think it was.  Which made me wonder if buying them anywhere on the ship worked for getting the larger drinks and the regular prices??  Also wonder if you buy a non alcoholic drink would you get the larger size?

Thanks.

On my last cruise I bought the tumbler and used it everywhere.I will say though that I don’t think the bartenders put in extra alcohol, just extra ice and mix. If they grabbed the premixed drinks then of course got a bit more alchohol.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if it would work the same way for a tumbler that was NOT purchased on board...  I design and make my own tumblers and always make myself & my BF a new one when we cruise (it's pretty much the only time I actually make them for MYSELF - the rest of the time I'm making them for others - you're welcome to find me on the book of face and check them out!)

We always use our own personal tumblers for the bottomless bubbles package, with no issues whatsoever.  Hand them the cup, they fill it with the drink of our choosing and VOILA!   done.

based on all of the comments, I'd say that it would work the same for my custom tumbler as it would for the Tervis bought on board...  there's no special pricing because of the cup, they're just filling your cup instead of one of the ones they stock at the bar.   Has anyone ever tried?!

my daughter is cruising soon but she's not 21 until AFTER her cruise, otherwise I'd get her to test it for me!

40 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

I'm wondering if it would work the same way for a tumbler that was NOT purchased on board...  I design and make my own tumblers and always make myself & my BF a new one when we cruise (it's pretty much the only time I actually make them for MYSELF - the rest of the time I'm making them for others - you're welcome to find me on the book of face and check them out!)

We always use our own personal tumblers for the bottomless bubbles package, with no issues whatsoever.  Hand them the cup, they fill it with the drink of our choosing and VOILA!   done.

based on all of the comments, I'd say that it would work the same for my custom tumbler as it would for the Tervis bought on board...  there's no special pricing because of the cup, they're just filling your cup instead of one of the ones they stock at the bar.   Has anyone ever tried?!

my daughter is cruising soon but she's not 21 until AFTER her cruise, otherwise I'd get her to test it for me!

You have to use one of the ones you buy on board because that is part of what they advertise is the benefit of buying the tervis tumbler or the blow fish or the shark or whatever. You get XX ounces for the price of XX ounces. (I don't recall exactly how many but like 16 ounces for price of 12 ounces or whatever.)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:51 PM, mamiamjo said:

Question: Are the Tervis Tumbler Lids leak proof? Just wondering if it was carried in a bag would it make a mess?

Not leakproof.

20 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

Is there a discount on refills? Particularly on day one from Galveston.

No discount on refills.

9 hours ago, carohs said:

Can anyone confirm these are available on the radiance? And are these the same tumblers as the ones the servers walk around with pre filled funships for sale on embarkation?

Don't know if Radiance has them but yes they're the same Tervis tumblers as the ones pre-filled with rum punch on day one.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, Csoderlund said:

We cruised out of Norfolk on the Magic last year and I swear I saw the Tervis cups from the bars mentioned above for sale on the ship. I wanted a few for several reasons as we are cruising on the Elation next month, so I thought I’d grab a bargain by buying them on eBay or another such site prior to the trip. I couldn’t believe what folks are selling them for (often $15-$20 apiece used) and I’d rather buy them onboard with a drink in them if I’m gonna pay that much. But some folks say they’re no longer available to purchase on the ships. I’m not sure if that’s accurate or not; relying on my memory from last May, I can’t recall whether I just saw folks with them (who may have brought them with) or actually saw them set up for sale. I have done several searches on this board and the most recent thread on this topic seems to be from 2018. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got off of the Dream and I bought one of each tumbler.  They are $15 plus the 18% service charge.  As far as refills go, they will fill it up with a frozen drink but there is not any more alcohol than a regular sized drink since the alcohol is poured and then the frozen mix is added.

By the way the frozen drinks are now $12.50!

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 3:54 PM, Eli_6 said:

That's what I was wondering about, too.  Once we buy the tumbler, where all can I take it to get refilled at?  For example, will they refill the 16 ounces (at the 12 ounce price) at the atrium bar?  What about the Serenity Bar?  The dining room?  I would assume it can't be refilled at Alchemy since those are craft cocktails. 

We have had ours refilled with drinks at the aft pools on many cruises.

16 hours ago, trummy said:

We have the cheers package for our upcoming cruise. How would the tumbler work with cheers? If we bought the tumbler, would they put our cheers drinks in it?

Sure they will. You will pay for the tumbler but not the drink in the tumbler.

3 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Bought 2 with Rum Punch or something (Fun Ship?) boarding last Month on the Conquest. ~$18 per.

Best time to buy them in my opinion. You pay barely more than the cost of the cup and it's filled with Fun Ship Special (rum punch).

Or - pick them up from the tables when people leave them behind thinking they didn't buy them. Not kidding on my last cruise my wife and I picked up 4.

• Haha 1

Just now, mz-s said:

Best time to buy them in my opinion. You pay barely more than the cost of the cup and it's filled with Fun Ship Special (rum punch).

Or - pick them up from the tables when people leave them behind thinking they didn't buy them. Not kidding on my last cruise my wife and I picked up 4.

Wow that's crazy! Stalking the atrium next time! 🤣

• Like 1