Tervis Tumblers for Red Frog & Blue Iguana

Csoderlund

We cruised out of Norfolk on the Magic last year and I swear I saw the Tervis cups from the bars mentioned above for sale on the ship. I wanted a few for several reasons as we are cruising on the Elation next month, so I thought I’d grab a bargain by buying them on eBay or another such site prior to the trip. I couldn’t believe what folks are selling them for (often $15-$20 apiece used) and I’d rather buy them onboard with a drink in them if I’m gonna pay that much. But some folks say they’re no longer available to purchase on the ships. I’m not sure if that’s accurate or not; relying on my memory from last May, I can’t recall whether I just saw folks with them (who may have brought them with) or actually saw them set up for sale. I have done several searches on this board and the most recent thread on this topic seems to be from 2018. Thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, ray98 said:

They are still $11.50 on the latest menu I can find.  It may have increased again though.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 103125.jpg

That's the glass, not the tervis tumbler (although they could be the same price). We also bought a couple of the glasses to take to our camp.

Edited by sparks1093

I bought the Blue Iguana on my first cruise, and the Red Frog on my last cruise (August). I did not get a drink - just the tumbler. I want to say the cost was around $16-$18. I bought it the first day of the cruise - it was behind a glass shelf.
I love the Tervis Tumblers! I have more of them than I want to admit. 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I brought both our Ted Frog Tervis Tumblers that I apparently paid too much for off ship. My husband said he liked having his for soda and tea he made on his own. I got a few drinks in mine and I guess got more of a pour (or more ice) on those, but overall it wasn’t worth having to keep track of the cup, wash it, etc. we’ll keep them but I probably won’t bother to bring them again, unless there were perks to having them that I didn’t know about. 😁

44 minutes ago, Csoderlund said:

Well, I brought both our Ted Frog Tervis Tumblers that I apparently paid too much for off ship. My husband said he liked having his for soda and tea he made on his own. I got a few drinks in mine and I guess got more of a pour (or more ice) on those, but overall it wasn’t worth having to keep track of the cup, wash it, etc. we’ll keep them but I probably won’t bother to bring them again, unless there were perks to having them that I didn’t know about. 😁

On the Spirit now. Tervis Tumblers are still $11.50. The perk is that they hold 16 oz. and they charge you for whatever you put in them at the regular 12 oz. price. 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

On the Spirit now. Tervis Tumblers are still $11.50. The perk is that they hold 16 oz. and they charge you for whatever you put in them at the regular 12 oz. price. 😎

Is this at all the bars or just the Red Frog and Blue Iguana?  That seems like a good deal since you are basically getting 33 percent more every time you get a drink plus you are getting a glass to take home. 

One time we bought a souvenir fish cup (looked like a fish) on Carnival and that was a good deal (same thing where you got 16 ounce for the price of the 12 ounce), but I have no idea where it is now and it seems like we probably lost some of the pieces to it because it had about 4 pieces you had to keep up with...fish head, fish tale, cup inside and straw.

Edited by Eli_6

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Wow!  I live in the town where the factory is and you can't get them for that price in the outlet store!  I'm going to stock up.  For the most part we only use Tervis tumblers and coffee cups because I don't allow glass or pottery on the lanai because of the pool.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Is this at all the bars or just the Red Frog and Blue Iguana?  That seems like a good deal since you are basically getting 33 percent more every time you get a drink plus you are getting a glass to take home. 

One time we bought a souvenir fish cup (looked like a fish) on Carnival and that was a good deal (same thing where you got 16 ounce for the price of the 12 ounce), but I have no idea where it is now and it seems like we probably lost some of the pieces to it because it had about 4 pieces you had to keep up with...fish head, fish tale, cup inside and straw.

I know for sure at the Blue Iguana and Red Frog rum bar. 😎

12 hours ago, Tryingtocruise said:

Wow!  I live in the town where the factory is and you can't get them for that price in the outlet store!  I'm going to stock up.  For the most part we only use Tervis tumblers and coffee cups because I don't allow glass or pottery on the lanai because of the pool.  

I was also surprised at that price! That’s a good deal!

5 hours ago, eastoftheboston said:

They have them at the Sky Box sports bar, too. At least they did on the Spirit last week. 

Great.  So they refilled with a cocktail at the normal price but 16 oz vs. smaller size?

Looking for info on where the tumblers and souvenir glasses can be refilled.  Thanks.

On Paradise now, and also saw them only on the first day (might can get them later if they have any left and you ask). The 16oz cups are $11.50 at both Blue Iguana and Red Frog, comes with a drink, and refills are at the 12 oz price.

I'll ask about whether they can be filled at other bars on the ship when I get back onboard, but I've only witnessed people getting refills at Red Frog or Blue Iguana.

• Like 1