Retreat: Drink Package Drinks (in your suite)

Boo's Mom

Our butlers in our Sky Suites have always been able to bring drinks to our cabin. We just call the Butler, and he or she has our drinks in about 10 minutes. They also bring Bloody Marys with our room service breakfasts.

I would hesitate to call them to get a cocktail.  Lately they have been handling from 15-18 suites.  If they have to deliver drinks to in addition to the room service orders, laundry, stocking mini bar, making or changing reservations and solving a multitude of problems plus spending 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon at Michael’s they will burn out quickly and service will suffer.  

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would hesitate to call them to get a cocktail.  Lately they have been handling from 15-18 suites.  If they have to deliver drinks to in addition to the room service orders, laundry, stocking mini bar, making or changing reservations and solving a multitude of problems plus spending 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon at Michael’s they will burn out quickly and service will suffer.  

Agree. Delivery of drinks even to top suites has never been a perk.

Whilst occasionally a butler may offer to bring drinks, for example, if you pre arrange a meal in suite we would never just phone to request drink delivery.

It does concern me that many people cruised in suites for the first time when ships were under capacity and butlers may have had time to offer additional services. If these guests now board seeing in suite drinks service as standard either they will be disappointed or the service to all suites will suffer. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Boo's Mom said:

How does this work?  

I haven't experienced the drink package accessibility in a suite before. 

Premium Drinks

Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool.

On my recent cruise my butler stopped me in the hallway to ask if he could bring me a cappuccino and pastry each morning.  Sure enough it was delivered by 9am everyday, and it was delightful.

I’m sure the butler will be happy to bring you any drinks, including coffee, glass of champagne, or a cocktail. However my personal choice is, if the drink has a very short window to enjoy before it gets cold, too warm, or over diluted, such as a cocktail or frozen cocktail, I will either get it myself from a bar, or pre-arrange it.

34 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

On my recent cruise my butler stopped me in the hallway to ask if he could bring me a cappuccino and pastry each morning.  Sure enough it was delivered by 9am everyday, and it was delightful.

Morning specialty coffees is an amenity clearly spelled out on the website for all suites and so I have also had butlers do that without issue.  In my experience, that did NOT extend to cocktails throughout the day, even when we recently stayed in the penthouse.

• Like 5

My husband and I enjoy a drink while getting ready for the evening and and coffee in the morning while getting ready for the day.  We have pre-arranged for coffee and espresso in the morning - never an issue.  But for the drink - we prefer to stop by a bar prior to going back to the suite and get a drink to take with us.  In the evening, prior to bed - we'll stop by the retreat lounge and my husband gets a scotch to enjoy before bed in the room.  Just because you have a butler does not mean you HAVE to utilize the butler for everything.  I like to think of it as a bit of "if I walk to get the cocktail, I am walking off the cocktail" - yes I know it does not equate, but just give me that illusion.

25 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Morning specialty coffees is an amenity clearly spelled out on the website for all suites and so I have also had butlers do that without issue.  In my experience, that did NOT extend to cocktails throughout the day, even when we recently stayed in the penthouse.

So I suppose one should not ask for afternoon canapés in the suite, washed down with a side of Pinot Grigio.

41 minutes ago, prmssk said:

"In my experience, that did NOT extend to cocktails throughout the day,"

This has been my experience with Celebrity over the last 20 years. 

But now I see this on the Celebrity website (referring to the Retreat experience) and it appears as if they have made a change: 

Premium Drinks

Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool.

I know that we could always order a drink to our suite, but it was always a room service/bar charge.  This drink package inclusion in the Retreat is different.  Drink packages could not previously be utilized in the suite. 

Edited by Boo's Mom
adding details

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So I suppose one should not ask for afternoon canapés in the suite, washed down with a side of Pinot Grigio.

If you are going to ask - ask for 100 proof something or maybe Bacardi 151.  I think you would need something with a much higher alcohol content to wash them down.  I'm always afraid to eat them.  Not sure what time you put this raw fish plate out.  So no, not going to eat it.  🤑🤪

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boo's Mom said:

How does this work?  

Premium Drinks

Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool.

Where did you see this? 

We've never asked our butler to bring us drinks to the room, unless ordering food as well.  On our last cruise we had lunch on our balcony after returning from a short stay ashore.  We had run into our butler in the hallway and while talking with him informed him we had just returned and were going to go find something for lunch.  He offered up some sandwiches, fries, and tea/lemonade and we took him up on it.  

If I want a drink, other than wine, water, or soda in the room, I either go to the closest bar and get it or grab a Tito's and some soda from the mini-fridge and make my own. 

I know butlers would be more than happy to get drinks and bring them to us but I believe they have other duties that would be a better use of their time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Where did you see this? 

We've never asked our butler to bring us drinks to the room, unless ordering food as well.  On our last cruise we had lunch on our balcony after returning from a short stay ashore.  We had run into our butler in the hallway and while talking with him informed him we had just returned and were going to go find something for lunch.  He offered up some sandwiches, fries, and tea/lemonade and we took him up on it.  

If I want a drink, other than wine, water, or soda in the room, I either go to the closest bar and get it or grab a Tito's and some soda from the mini-fridge and make my own. 

I know butlers would be more than happy to get drinks and bring them to us but I believe they have other duties that would be a better use of their time. 

It's here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Boo's Mom said:

"In my experience, that did NOT extend to cocktails throughout the day,"

This has been my experience with Celebrity over the last 20 years. 

My experience is as recent as cruises within the past year (a sky suite last November and a penthouse last month).  Although, to be honest we did not have very good butlers either time (the sky suite butler was pretty average and the penthouse butler was pretty bad) so my experience could be just bad butler experiences or this could be a change in policy.  I wonder how long that verbiage has been on the website.

11 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

That is news to me.  Thanks  for pointing that out.   

I would be real interested to find out what guest sailing in the Retreat, especially Sky or Celebrity Suites, experience in this regard.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I would be real interested to find out what guest sailing in the Retreat, especially Sky or Celebrity Suites, experience in this regard.  

We sailed in a Sky Suite in November and our butler offered to stock the fridge with whatever we wanted.  And one night I filled out the room service card and asked for a mimosa - not only did he bring a carafe of fresh squeezed orange juice, but also a bottle of champagne!

• Like 4

Just now, Beachlover1989 said:

We sailed in a Sky Suite in November and our butler offered to stock the fridge with whatever we wanted.  And one night I filled out the room service card and asked for a mimosa - not only did he bring a carafe of fresh squeezed orange juice, but also a bottle of champagne!

Oh I am so hopeful this will be our case.  We are doing the Panama Canal Transit in April/May and the idea of sitting on our balcony while sipping cold adult refreshments is very appealing.  

We usually do not care for room service breakfast. I've yet to get a decent cup of coffee via room service. I have even gone to the point of brining a container of instant coffee and having that in the room.  Maybe on this trip we will revisit room service for breakfast.  We do sometimes have lunch on our balcony on port days since Luminae is closed. 

18 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We were in a CS this month and  the Butler was clear to tell us he could refill the soda, water and beer in the mini bar but not wine or liquor and if we ordered drinks there would be a charge.  
He offered to bring morning coffee, cappuccino, juice and he brought us a bottle of wine.  

It is not unusual for the Marketing Department to embellish and put conflicting info on the website.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were in a CS this month and  the Butler was clear to tell us he could refill the soda, water and beer in the mini bar but not wine or liquor and if we ordered drinks there would be a charge.  
He offered to bring morning coffee, cappuccino, juice and he brought us a bottle of wine.  

It is not unusual for the Marketing Department to embellish and put conflicting info on the website.

I really was not in my suite a lot during the day but whenever my butler saw me in the hallway he always asked if there was anything that he could get for me.

Our friends and us did an Alaska sailing in sky suites this year. They asked their butler if he would do a setup for gin and tonic's in the afternoon. He said yes. He supplied needed items each day.  He was not delivering GT's to the suite.

3 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Our friends and us did an Alaska sailing in sky suites this year. They asked their butler if he would do a setup for gin and tonic's in the afternoon. He said yes. He supplied needed items each day.  He was not delivering GT's to the suite.

So did he bring bottles of gin? 

We were in a Sky Suite this past Nov. and while he did say that technically the minibar wasn't included, not to worry as he would make sure it got zeroed out. My sense is that the butlers have a fair amount of discretion and they will do what they can to make sure you're a very happy cruiser. 

17 hours ago, Boo's Mom said:

How does this work?  

Premium Drinks

That doesn’t actually say that drinks will be delivered to your suite, just that you may enjoy them there.