Diamond status priority boarding

sml3

15 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

on the Wonder a few weeks ago they called Suites, Pinnacles and then The Key.

All of the rest of us were seated according to our check in time and this was the order they called us to board.

On our last Harmony cruise out of PC, they called Pinnies...and then suites.  Which I thought was odd...but no matter.  We were Suites and just happened to be Pinnies.  😉 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, pcur said:

In most ports, if you are D or D+ not in a suite, you do NOT get priority check-in.  You get priority boarding, because they call those groups before general boarding.

Most are saying no to the priority boarding. So I guess who knows what the answer is.

I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean in 4 years so I'm not familiar with current check-in procedures. We are sailing on Wonder from Port Canaveral at the end of January in a SkyLoft Suite. Today when I checked in online, the earliest boarding time was 12:30.  I was a little surprised that I couldn't get an earlier time.

Anyone who could give me insight on how this works would be appreciated.  Thanks.

42 minutes ago, sml3 said:

Most are saying no to the priority boarding. So I guess who knows what the answer is.

It does vary by ship.  I've been on 4 ships since late January this year, and most announced Suites, Pinns, Key, D+, D, then general boarding.  I think it has everything to do with how many passengers in each category there are.

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

It does vary by ship.  I've been on 4 ships since late January this year, and most announced Suites, Pinns, Key, D+, D, then general boarding.  I think it has everything to do with how many passengers in each category there are.

It may (WAG ?) also depend on when you arrive at the embarkation terminal and when they start boarding. We always arrive early (even post covid) and the terminals aren't crowed (what we've experienced). Once we are checked in we are told to head directly for the sign that says, "to ship".  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

We are sailing on Wonder from Port Canaveral at the end of January in a SkyLoft Suite. Today when I checked in online, the earliest boarding time was 12:30.  I was a little surprised that I couldn't get an earlier time.

Remember, suites get an hour window, so you can board as early as 11:30.  (Assuming boarding has started by then.)

It seems there is always some type of priority boarding order. Suite/Pinnacle’s, diamond plus, diamond, key, then the rest. Sometimes Key goes before diamond plus and sometimes key goes in between D+ and D but there has been a priority order and D is called. 
m

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean in 4 years so I'm not familiar with current check-in procedures. We are sailing on Wonder from Port Canaveral at the end of January in a SkyLoft Suite. Today when I checked in online, the earliest boarding time was 12:30.  I was a little surprised that I couldn't get an earlier time.

Anyone who could give me insight on how this works would be appreciated.  Thanks.

You are in a suite.  Go when you  are ready.  You can get checked in early and Suites are among the first to be allowed to board when the ship is cleared for boarding.   

• Like 2