New military benefit: Princess Premier for the price of Princess Plus

PescadoAmarillo

9 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

No, I don't see that under Onboard Credits.  I'm on hold with Princess now.  They said it will be about an hour to get through to guest services.

While you're waiting, go to the Princess website and click on "Live Chat" at the bottom of the page. I just did and it said the following. But maybe you'll have better luck, at least while you're sitting there on hold:

Thank you for your inquiry. If you are reaching out during our normal business hours, our Live Chat agents are currently busy assisting other users. Please try again shortly.

Our Service hours are 6am-9pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-6pm PST Sat-Sun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

While you're waiting, go to the Princess website and click on "Live Chat" at the bottom of the page. I just did and it said the following. But maybe you'll have better luck, at least while you're sitting there on hold:

Thank you for your inquiry. If you are reaching out during our normal business hours, our Live Chat agents are currently busy assisting other users. Please try again shortly.

i used live chat yesterday and they told me I had to call in to guest services.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimd909 said:

The military benefit is now on my booking.  But, it's not showing under Onboard credits in my account.  It only took 1 hour and 55 minutes.  

Check under payments

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Don't use Firefox, Live Chat doesn't show on screen. Chrome works fine....but I hate Chrome for anything else!😲

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

If I book a new cruise with the Plus package, will I get both the Premier package and the OBC based on the length of the cruise? 

As long as you are verified with Princess, you will get the military OBC but not sure about premier for plus.  I've done a few fake bookings and the premier was alway more.

Edited by jimd909

2 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

I use Firefox and Live Chat always shows at the bottom of the screen in green.

You, sir, are luckier than I am! I've heard others have problems with Firefox and the chat function, so I know I'm not alone. Some weird setting I have I suppose; I never see it on my Firefox screen. No biggie, I keep Chrome on my PC just for occasions where Firefox doesn't work the way I think it should.

On 1/13/2023 at 11:05 AM, sawtooth said:

Our TA managed to get us rebooked and with the new promotion

Is the Military Upgrade from the Best to the Premium Package actually listed somewhere on the new Princess confirmation you received when you rebooked your cruise?

If so, would it be possible for you to post what that particular entry looks like on your new Princess confirmation? We're in the process of refaring (not rebooking) a Jan 2024 cruise and would be interested to know so we can look for it to see if it got added to our "refared" Princess confirmation, once we receive it that is.

It works! My TA was able to re-fare my March 2024 cruise to get this new benefit, and I saved a bit from a slight fare drop. All I gave her was the screenshot from OP. 

I’ll post any proof of the benefit from the Princess site once it shows up in my personalizer.

Edit: It must have required a full re-book, as I can see my booking code is different now. 

Edited by ChangeOrder

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Is the Military Upgrade from the Best to the Premium Package actually listed somewhere on the new Princess confirmation you received when you rebooked your cruise?

If so, would it be possible for you to post what that particular entry looks like on your new Princess confirmation? We're in the process of refaring (not rebooking) a Jan 2024 cruise and would be interested to know so we can look for it to see if it got added to our "refared" Princess confirmation, once we receive it that is.

Here is the relevant part from my new Princess receipt. image.thumb.jpeg.072ab4f6592bf94acdd77aeecd7886ef.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Here is the relevant part from my new Princess receipt. image.thumb.jpeg.072ab4f6592bf94acdd77aeecd7886ef.jpeg

Thanks! We just sent off the OP’s screenshot to our TA who will be working our refare request tomorrow on a Jan 2024 booking tomorrow. Hopefully she’ll be able to achieve the same results in getting the new perk added! 🤞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

It works! My TA was able to re-fare my March 2024 cruise to get this new benefit, and I saved a bit from a slight fare drop. All I gave her was the screenshot from OP. 

I’ll post any proof of the benefit from the Princess site once it shows up in my personalizer.

Edit: It must have required a full re-book, as I can see my booking code is different now. 

Did you continue to receive your Military Benefit OBC? I am not interested in the beverage package "upgrade", but that Mil OBC is a major reason I look at Princess for longer cruises.

Doug

23 minutes ago, mtfasls said:

Is this new military extras a sale, if so, does anyone know the end date to book?  Or is this going to be an extra perk?

Good questions. Hopefully one day Princess will actually post this "military perk" to their website to let us all know. But for now 🤞 we'll get it posted to the refare our TA will be working on today. 

But from what the OP posted, it does look like it's part of the current "Best Sale Ever" promotion going on, which ends March 1, 2023.

image.thumb.png.3dc1580502a08275a33f192ce242bcd8.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser

The military "premium for plus" ends on January 31 according to the PCL agent in  Guest Services who had to go into "current Promotions" to find it and read through it the other day. She also said that you have to be verified through  the same program that verifies first responders, teachers, etc. and that you must be current military (I am not sure of this, just repeating what she says that she read).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The military "premium for plus" ends on January 31 according to the PCL agent in  Guest Services who had to go into "current Promotions" to find it and read through it the other day. She also said that you have to be verified through  the same program that verifies first responders, teachers, etc. and that you must be current military (I am not sure of this, just repeating what she says that she read).

It will be interesting to hear what our TA finds out today, as I retired many moons ago back in 1994. 😂

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

You, sir, are luckier than I am! I've heard others have problems with Firefox and the chat function, so I know I'm not alone. Some weird setting I have I suppose; I never see it on my Firefox screen. No biggie, I keep Chrome on my PC just for occasions where Firefox doesn't work the way I think it should.

I normally use Firefox and had issues with the Live Chat showing up. I found that disabling Privacy Badger and Adblock Plus for the Princess site resolved the issue.

Check for any extensions or add-ons that you may have in Firefox that you forgot about.

Edited by Thrak

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

The military "premium for plus" ends on January 31 according to the PCL agent in  Guest Services

Hoooboy - Guess I better commit to another booking here soon to take advantage! One last FCD left on my account to use anyway 😄

• Like 1