Encore Major Productions

Maplemoose

Does anybody know if the Encore will restore it's primary musical production in the next couple of months? Right now it appears that Choir of Man which used to be the secondary production, is now the only major theatre attraction. Similar situation on the Escape. 

I was unaware that Kinky was considered "primary" and Choir "secondary".  In my opinion they both were high quality shows and personally I believe they kept the better of the two.  

I've no heard plans for a replacement for Kinky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maplemoose said:

Does anybody know if the Encore will restore it's primary musical production in the next couple of months? Right now it appears that Choir of Man which used to be the secondary production, is now the only major theatre attraction. Similar situation on the Escape. 

There will always be two shows on the ships. Choir has been the primary since the Encore’s launch with a 2-story set. 

On the Escape, Choir started in the Supper Club and got promoted to the main theater when it became the most popular show in NCL. 

6 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Kinky Boots used to be listed for Feb 5 cruise, but it’s no longer on the app. Choir of Man is still there. 🤔

Kinky Boots has been missing from the app for a while for all sailings, I believe. It wasn't there for my Dec 18-23 one.  We had to book it on-ship through the TV.

Buuuuuut, it was stated in another thread that KB performed their last show on the Encore during this most recent sailing, so... it's gone. 

"There will always be two shows on the ships. Choir has been the primary since the Encore’s launch with a 2-story set"   

If that is the case, what is now the other production on the Encore at present? What about the Escape?

We were on the Encore for the Dec. 4 sailing. 

The last Kinky Boots show was cancelled supposedly due to an injury of a major part. So no understudy apparently? 

10 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

"There will always be two shows on the ships. Choir has been the primary since the Encore’s launch with a 2-story set"   

If that is the case, what is now the other production on the Encore at present? What about the Escape?

And how about the Epic?   

16 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Some random temporary show while they install a new permanent show. For some shows, the install could take a few weeks to a few months. 

Pricilla on the Epic installed over a 4 week dry dock (including building the bus). It replaced the Blue Man Group. 

Choir of Man took a couple of months to move from the supper club to the main theater. That replaced the Brat Pack which had a set that extended into the first 8 rows of the theater. 

In the recent past, temporary main theater shows have been a cappella groups. Something that does not require a set and minimal lighting and sound. 

Call me old fashion, but I would never even consider the entertainment when booking a cruise. We’ll watch whatever is onboard (we’ll,,, maybe with the exception of the seeing Cats for the 56th time on RCCL). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently read that NCL was cost cutting and entertainment is the 1st to go so there will be only Choir of man which is a great show.  Seems to me prices rising, getting less for your money.  Sounds like the grocery store😂

• Haha 1

Malevo was the second show on Escape but ended last week (which is good, many reported it was good, but went too long and became repetitive).  This week there is some international singing show (haven’t read too much on it yet).