Newbie to Celebrity

cruisebabe50

I am so excited to say that I will be sailing in about 2 month on the Sillouette.  We are loyal Royal Caribbean Cruisers for many years and are very excited to see what Celebrity has to offer!  🤪  Any tips or tricks of the trade are welcome.  Other than that I just wanted to say how excited I am!  

2 minutes ago, cruisebabe50 said:

I am so excited to say that I will be sailing in about 2 month on the Sillouette.  We are loyal Royal Caribbean Cruisers for many years and are very excited to see what Celebrity has to offer!  🤪  Any tips or tricks of the trade are welcome.  Other than that I just wanted to say how excited I am!  

Your CAS tier level with RC is reciprocal up to elite with Celebritys CC. 

I haven't been on Silhouette, but I've been on two of her sister ships (Reflection and Equinox).  Having been on so many RC cruises, you likely will find the feel familiar but definitely more geared towards adults (in a very good way, mind you).  Frankly, I find it more low key and far more relaxing than the more recent RC cruises we've had over the last 10 years or so (except for Alaska).

The live music on board tends to be head & shoulders above what we've had on RC recently.  We enjoy the smaller, lounge acts so much that we rarely go to the main show.

If you want a front row seat at the Martini Bar and have trouble finding one, and if you do not have the late seating dining time, you almost always can get one when folks start heading to the late seating.  Quite a phenomenon that is.  The place is packed to the gills and then, within a few minutes, the place is nearly empty.  It's like the last one lef gets stuck with the check.

Do not be afraid of the buffet.  It's a whole different ball game than RC.  The quality is much better even in these leaner times.

Do check out the Spa Café.  The food offerings are included, and they are nice change of pace or a good snack.  The smoothies also are quite good.  They are included with the premium drink package but worth a try in any event.

The food items at Café al Bacio also are included, so feel free to indulge there.  The gelato bar near there is not included, but you can get all the ice cream you want up at the buffet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Do not be afraid of the buffet.  It's a whole different ball game than RC.  The quality is much better even in these leaner times.

So true.

On my first X cruise I was very upset to have to go to the buffet for lunch...until I tasted the food there 🙂

NOTE: this was immediately post-covid and the MDR wasn't open for lunch...

2 hours ago, cruisebabe50 said:

When do you set sail? We are on the Silhouette as of 2/27! If that is your cruise, join our roll call!

4 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

Hoping to not light up folks... but can you discuss dining dress code on 8 nite ABC Equinox cruise as compared to RCL.  Hoping to be able to wear nice Caribbean shirt and shorts, but wanted to check with the experts first.

Shorts are not permitted in the MDR in the evenings. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 3:15 PM, DCPIV said:

Given the recent OVC discussions on here, there should have been some ominous foreshadowing music accompanying this post.  If the current reviews are correct, it would appear Royal may be now winning the buffet battle.

• Like 1

One thing to remember is that Different Ships even in the same Brand can have a different feel. Some of that depends on the Ship/Crew and sometimes on the make up of your fellow guests. 

The Time of Year and Itinerary can also give a cruise a particular feel.

I find that cruises out of Southampton feature Entertainers aimed at the UK majority of my fellow guests (Thats Fine with Me) but I have to rethink what Side of a passageway I walk on as most UK guests tend to Walk on the opposite side as well as drive on the opposite side than what I am used to.

This is  just an observation Not a criticism.

12 hours ago, D. B. said:

I find that cruises out of Southampton feature Entertainers aimed at the UK majority of my fellow guests (Thats Fine with Me) but I have to rethink what Side of a passageway I walk on as most UK guests tend to Walk on the opposite side as well as drive on the opposite side than what I am used to.

This is  just an observation Not a criticism.

In my time in the service we were taught the proper way to move about a ship was always, "up and forward on the starboard side, down and aft on the port side."  This was especially helpful during emergencies as this help the various response personnel keep from running into each other.  

As for walking in passage ways, I always take the same approach, stay to your right no matter which way you were headed.  Maybe that is the "American" way but it is what it is.