Princess Insurance of Affinity (or other) for trip to Greece

MudderBear

Hello.  Doing a Greece land/cruise tour this year, 2023.  We are seniors....pretty healthy, but you never know. Not sure to go with the Princess Insurance or use an outside company like Affinity.  

The Princess Premium Insurance is $521 per person which includes $50,000 medical transportation.

Affinity would cost $634 each for their middle plan which includes $500,000 medical transportation. 

Affinity's  standard plan which includes $50,000 medical transportation (which is what Princess would offer), costs $480 per person.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by MudderBear

Do you need medical coverage also? Will your insurance cover you outside the US? Mine does not. I need more than what Princess's policy will cover ($20K). I need to look more than just medical evacuation.

I often will get Princess's insurance for Cancel for any reason and then get a 3rd party insurance Allianz to cover flights/hotels so I have their medical coverage for the entire trip. 

We always book the Princess Platinum insurance and then we also have the Geo Blue Trekker annual policy to cover all trips throughout the year for additional medical coverage.  I *think* it even has some medical evac coverage as well...but don't hold me to that. 

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/multi-trip/trekker-5-overview.cfm

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We always book the Princess Platinum insurance and then we also have the Geo Blue Trekker annual policy to cover all trips throughout the year for additional medical coverage.  I *think* it even has some medical evac coverage as well...but don't hold me to that. 

https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/multi-trip/trekker-5-overview.cfm

I have no experience, but, Just in case, I will mention that  if you are Platinum or Elite, you pay for the standard Princess Insurance, and will get the Platinum policy.

Is your entire trip thru Princess.   Or is any of this independent pre or post cruise.

The reason for having an outside company might be to get pre or post cruise coverage.

Just as important as that Medical Transportation benefit, might be knowing that you are covered door-to-door.   From the time you leave on the trip, until you are back home.

also look at the "travelinsurancestore" website... HIGHLY recommended here and they are wonderful to work with! 

since we travel a lot we too use the annual geoblue treckker policy and princess policy.

have a great cruise!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

We also use the geo blue trekker insurance for  medical coverage in a yearly plan

It DOES include evacuation

It is very reasonably priced!

Our credit card covers normal trip insurance so we don't buy an extra policy for that

Your credit card covers normal  trip insurance as long as you or a family member does not have a pre-existing condition. Anyone who relies on such coverage needs to understand how that provision applies.

It all depends on what you want.  We like   to buy for ‘cancel for any reason’ insurance due to mom’s age. 

if you will have land tour on your own as far as I know Princess’ insurances does not cover that portion.