Specialty Dining Reservations for multiple rooms

tolg

My family of 5 is booked in two rooms as 2 separate accounts (not really sure why that is, perhaps because we booked through Costco??) How do we go about making reservations for specialty dining for all 5 of us? Does anyone have experience with this?

3 hours ago, tolg said:

My family of 5 is booked in two rooms as 2 separate accounts (not really sure why that is, perhaps because we booked through Costco??) How do we go about making reservations for specialty dining for all 5 of us? Does anyone have experience with this?

like the others said... make the reservation for 5 or 6 people. when you get there or are finished eating (can't remeber which) they will take your cards and deduct a dinner if you have free 2 dining or charge the guests room. the whole process is super simple 

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

as there aren’t many slots released for odd numbers

There aren't ANY slots for odd numbers.  All the tables have an even number of seats.  Anyone with an odd number of people should book a table for one person more than they have so as to ensure they get the proper table size reserved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hallux said:

There aren't ANY slots for odd numbers.  All the tables have an even number of seats.  Anyone with an odd number of people should book a table for one person more than they have so as to ensure they get the proper table size reserved.

You do see reservations available for odd numbers at times.

We used to travel as a group of three and I have made reservations for three a few times, but more often than not we had to go for four.

It is possible that they have stopped offering them recently, but you certainly used to be able to get the occasional table for odd numbers pre covid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, KeithJenner said:

You do see reservations available for odd numbers at times.

We used to travel as a group of three and I have made reservations for three a few times, but more often than not we had to go for four.

It is possible that they have stopped offering them recently, but you certainly used to be able to get the occasional table for odd numbers pre covid.

Thanks for the info!  In our situation we have a party of 2...and no more reservation slots exist for only 2 people ( at Ocean Blue ).  However, reservations for 4 people do exist.  Will there be ramifications if I book the 4 person table but only the two of us show up?  BTW - NCL will let me do this...but just wondering if there are unspecified ramifications, etc...

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

Thanks for the info!  In our situation we have a party of 2...and no more reservation slots exist for only 2 people ( at Ocean Blue ).  However, reservations for 4 people do exist.  Will there be ramifications if I book the 4 person table but only the two of us show up?  BTW - NCL will let me do this...but just wondering if there are unspecified ramifications, etc...

Thanks!

I’ve never done this, but If I booked a table for 4 when there were only two of us then I would certainly get it adjusted onboard.

I doubt whether two of you turning up would cause you a major problem, but you would be using a table that could have been used by a group of 4. 

But this is all speculation from my point, as I’ve never done what you describe. Three people will be seated at a table for four, so for us it doesn’t make as much difference as it would for a couple.

1 hour ago, farmecologist said:

So,,, bookings open 120 prior to departure (130 for Haven, 125 for Club Balcony and Top Tier Latitudes). You should book exactly 120 days prior to departure for the best restaurant selection.  If you are only seeing 4-tops, that means that you waited to long and other reservations are sold out. 

Technically, there is no problem with booking a 4-top.

BUT,,, you are taking a table that a group of 4 may need. Keep your 4-top. Change as soon as you embark to 2 so that groups of 3 and 4 can get a table at the restaurant. 

• Like 1