Can't get response from Shareholder services (or whoever is in charge). HELP!!

Birdnutty

I am still having a terrible time - the exact opposite experience from another poster.  I emailed Shareholder Benefit on 12/20 with all the pertinent info on their form, signed.  Received a case number within a few hours, with a promise of "contact" within 24 hours.    Nothing more

So, Dec 30, thinking it maybe got lost in email hell, submitted the same form again, received a different case number and again, the same promise.

Nothing

4 days later, allowing for the holiday and all, I called the shareholder benefit dept.  Circled around in hell for awhile (press1, press 5, press 6, ) and ended up talking to a real person - in the sales dept!  Explained my situation, and he gave me a phone number to call.  It was the same number I started with.  SO, figuring I hit all those prompts in the wrong order, I called again and tried a different tack.  Ended up in the sales dept again, with a rep who confirmed the number I was supposed to be calling, and said that maybe if the dept is closed, they re-route the call to the general #.  ??  

So I sent an email to the same email address, who confirmed its receipt and said that they'd contact me within 24 hours.  Taking bets as to whether or not that happened.

Still nothing.  Been checking my account, as suggested by someone else, and there has been no activity.  We cruise in 20 days.

What should I do next?  Is there a higher level I can approach?

I'm in the same situation, in the past i was getting response within hours, but that time i've sent form and paperwork 2 days ago (received, like you, the case# and 24h blabla) but nothing afterward.

I was not worried (yet) as i though they might have a lot of people in vacation or something... but you're getting me worried now... we cruise in 32 days.

Check your accounts under "Summary", I have been in this situation several times and discovered they had credited the OBC but never replied to me.
You might just find it sitting there already.

• Like 3

i had a similar problem exactly one year ago. i email my info like 3 times, snail mail my request twice and still nothing. 

Lucky for me out of no where i got a cold call with a random PCC asking me to book a future cruise. told them i was not interested. that random PCC then email me with their contact info. i reply back the difficulties i had with submitting shareholder request and and included the case numbers of all of the requests. eventfully i got the shareholder benefit added to my cruise. what a pain that was

24 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

Been checking my account, as suggested by someone else, and there has been no activity.

BTW, i must have been that "someone else" as the very last time we cruised they did not send me a reply by email BUT the 100$ credit magically appeared in my vacation summary page within hours:

image.png.fd451457b86ead10fcbdccae6012975c.png

• Thanks 2

I thought this was weird as well. Like you, I received a reply from a guest relations email address with a case number...which is NOT what normally happens with a shareholder benefit request. Its almost like their email address is being rerouted to guest relations.

Thanks for the replies.  Interestingly enough, SeaShark, the number you gave me for Corporate is the same one I called for the Shareholder Dept.  Seems like all calls seem to go into the same pot, no matter what.

I resubmitted - we'll see what happens this time.  

@Birdnutty give them another day or 2 ... ours were submitted on Dec. 19 and ... finally processed & received an updated Amenity Statement on Mon. Jan 2nd ( ... someone at that Miami HQ department WFH ??? as we're surprised)  

more details here while answering someone else w a question of e-signing the form, see post #7 and #9 - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904124-e-sign-shareholder-benefit-form/#comment-64574856

Last minute submission of less than 15 days could now possibly be categorically denied and/or not processed in time, that's a bummer.  Worst, I am beginning to wonder - will they "temporary" suspend the shareholders benefits until such time ...  Some of our best high yield dividends-paying stocks in our portfolio had drastically cut the payouts and/or suspended them entirely.  Frankie is no stranger to these kinds of slick moves.  

36 minutes ago, Sim1979 said:

BTW, i must have been that "someone else" as the very last time we cruised they did not send me a reply by email BUT the 100$ credit magically appeared in my vacation summary page within hours:

Not on my booking it doesn't & I have mine applied.

image.png.2a7581159806adfac8efcc0d952b3d41.png

Mine shows as an onboard credit further down that page:

image.png.2256ee53ecde5fd9f9ddca23967b04fd.png

1 hour ago, Sim1979 said:

Our shareholder OBC shows in my account in that same green block but in a line *above* payment status called “Onboard Spending Money.” And it also shows up further down the same page as shown in comment 10 above, quoted here:

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Not on my booking it doesn't & I have mine applied.

image.png.2a7581159806adfac8efcc0d952b3d41.png

Mine shows as an onboard credit further down that page:

image.png.2256ee53ecde5fd9f9ddca23967b04fd.png

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Question:  how long does the OBC shareholder credit last?

I had the OBC SH credit applied to my March 2022 cruise.

I've not applied for the credit on my future cruise but I do find a $100 credit on each of the three including one is 2025.

I have always had to apply separately for each cruise, you have to name the ship, reference number and sail date when applying.
I always do it as soon as I book even when that is over a year out.

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Question:  how long does the OBC shareholder credit last?

I had the OBC SH credit applied to my March 2022 cruise.

I've not applied for the credit on my future cruise but I do find a $100 credit on each of the three including one is 2025.

Perhaps that OBC is not from the Shareholders?  NCL had a $100 bonus OBC just for booking for awhile last year.  Maybe you booked your cruises within that window.  There should be a code next to the credit listed.  That should give some clue as to where it came from.  

As a backup, take your documents with you. A few years ago, we ended up booking a last minute back to back cruise while onboard for week 1. Either cruise next or guest services (I can't remember which one) worked directly with Miami on our behalf to get the OBC applied for Week 2.

If you get onboard and don't have you credit, maybe guest services can reach out to Miami to get your credit posted. Good luck!!

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Check your accounts under "Summary", I have been in this situation several times and discovered they had credited the OBC but never replied to me.
You might just find it sitting there already.

Same with me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

Perhaps that OBC is not from the Shareholders?  NCL had a $100 bonus OBC just for booking for awhile last year.  Maybe you booked your cruises within that window.  There should be a code next to the credit listed.  That should give some clue as to where it came from.  

Thanks, OBC from cruise line.

1 hour ago, davencl said:

I emailed my shareholder request yesterday.  Received it in my account today less than 24 hrs later.

May I ask how many days before you sail? I ask because an NCL land-based concierge told me that they load the shareholder OBC 75 days out. I’m wondering if this is the case. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

May I ask how many days before you sail? I ask because an NCL land-based concierge told me that they load the shareholder OBC 75 days out. I’m wondering if this is the case. 

Yes this was for a March 10, 2023 sailing.  I did have one rejected that was too far in advance a couple years ago.  I think it was 7-8 months before and they said to apply closer to sailing.  

Edited by davencl

12 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes this was for a March 10, 2023 sailing.  I did have one rejected that was too far in advance a couple years ago.  I think it was 7-8 months before and they said to apply closer to sailing.  

Good to know. We sail April 30, 2023. No OBC posted yet. 

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

That is not true at all, I always do mine as soon as I book and nearly always over a year out and it always gets done right away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

That is not true at all, I always do mine as soon as I book and nearly always over a year out and it always gets done right away.

In the past (this past summer included) I also never had a problem. For my upcoming Prima cruise I am having issues getting it posted which is why I asked the Concierge when she contacted me. I’m curious to see if this is a new policy, due to lack of staff, or due to something else. I have over 100 shares so it’s not that. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Email:

C7A0C180-89A6-4E5C-98D8-CC90A3D74012.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser