HAL Horrible Customer Relations

melspar

I’ve been on hold for over an hour trying to talk w HAL re FCC we were promised after spending 10 days in quarantine on our Oct. cruise. Our travel agent has tried to no avail and our “personal cruise concierge” has also failed to get anywhere with them. Does anyone at HAL read comments on Cruise Critic?  I’d appreciate advice on getting this resolved.  At this point, I’d never recommend that any of my cruise loving friends ever take another HAL cruise!

You should probably write a letter to HAL corporate.  Did you receive paperwork from the ship following your quarantine that would indicate a contact for follow-up?  The letter will need your booking #, dates of the quarantine, the ship, and your names and contact information.  You can always address the letter to Gus Antorcha’s office and they will get it to the right people.

HAL probably doesn’t read Cruise Critic and it wouldn’t be able to solve your problem anyway.

To add another data point, my friend just went through the same thing with Princess yesterday.  She was on hold 1 1/2 hours to finally get her Covid Quarantine related FCC from a September cruise.  

Good luck to you.  It's very frustrating!

A few days ago, I called NCL (about a port change), and expected a long hold. I was more than pleasantly surprised with a hold of less than 5 minutes. Maybe, I was just lucky, or maybe they are better prepared for calls.

15 hours ago, melspar said:

Does anyone at HAL read comments on Cruise Critic?  

No.  In fact there are many dozens of "cruise critic" sites.  They cannot monitor them.  It would not help them either.  These are all anonymous sites that require no authentication/substantiation.  Anyone can login and complain about anything, no matter how real it is.

Edited by bdd123