Aurea Experience Question

Viceroy of Clinton

I'm thinking about booking a room with the Aurea experience on Seashore due to access to the thermal spa and outside deck area on 19 and also the private deck area on the spa itself.

Is the access to the thermal area unlimited or is it only for one day.

Also, do you need to make reservations before hand.

Access is unlimited. I don't know if the reservations situation has stabilized across all ships after Covid, so you'll have to ask on board (or ask other people on board closer to your sailing). My most recent experience was that it was possible to make reservations, and maybe they encouraged it, but I was always able to just walk in, even on sea days when it was busiest.

But I would be prepared for them to say "sorry it's too full right now, would you like to make a reservation for later?"

Yesterday when I looked on the UK website there was no longer any mention of access to the Spa being included for Aurea guests, instead it now says a 40% discount on a Spa dedicated prepaid package!

24 minutes ago, sidari said:

Yesterday when I looked on the UK website there was no longer any mention of access to the Spa being included for Aurea guests, instead it now says a 40% discount on a Spa dedicated prepaid package!

On the US website, access to the thermal area is still listed.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/experiences-staterooms#3C05B605-90A7-4FDA-979A-7856E2B9CE87

I just double checked the US site and like @Match Game 72 access is still listed.

A call into MSC's customer service yielded the answer, "I guess that if it is listed, it is included"

I honestly think I woke her.

Typical MSC service.

I really hate to book this and find out it is not included, daily access is the only reason to book Aurea, in my opinion.

Capture.JPG

12 hours ago, Lisichka said:

On my reservation it says it is included

Depending on when you booked and when it was changed means you will have it included, we have it included for the Europa booking we made a long time ago.

This is the trouble with MSC they change things and do not tell people, and only when you get onboard the ship do you find out what you thought you were getting is no longer available leaving guest services to clean up the mess.

12 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

I'm going to be watching this thread...

I've been trying to talk Lovey into one of those aft-wrap suites that overlook the aft pool, but if the thermal access is not included, why bother at all?

Those Aft Suites are really good and were great value when Aurea included the Spa and a drink package, paying so much more than Fantastica for a dedicated restaurant and the sun deck seems somewhat pointless now.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Viceroy of Clinton said:

I just double checked the US site and like @Match Game 72 access is still listed.

A call into MSC's customer service yielded the answer, "I guess that if it is listed, it is included"

I honestly think I woke her.

Typical MSC service.

I really hate to book this and find out it is not included, daily access is the only reason to book Aurea, in my opinion.

Capture.JPG

This is page from the UK site, notice the 40% discount for Spa access.

On board Experience | MSC Cruises

1 hour ago, sidari said:

This is page from the UK site, notice the 40% discount for Spa access.

On board Experience | MSC Cruises

Yes, it also says that on the US site as I screen shot.

But the UK site also lists,  Access to thermal area (for adults only).

That was my question. I understand messages are no longer included.

My interest is in the sauna, steam rooms, whirlpool, etc.

1 hour ago, Viceroy of Clinton said:

But the UK site also lists,  Access to thermal area (for adults only).

That was my question. I understand messages are no longer included.

My interest is in the sauna, steam rooms, whirlpool, etc.

afaik, free massages are not included anymore for some years, but you will be fine with unlimited access to thermal area (=spa).

(On some overwiews the perks of each experience are not listed completely, one has to follow a "see all details here" link.)

5 hours ago, sidari said:

Depending on when you booked and when it was changed means you will have it included, we have it included for the Europa booking we made a long time ago.

This is the trouble with MSC they change things and do not tell people, and only when you get onboard the ship do you find out what you thought you were getting is no longer available leaving guest services to clean up the mess.

My reservation was recent and is included.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sidari said:

Those Aft Suites are really good and were great value when Aurea included the Spa and a drink package, paying so much more than Fantastica for a dedicated restaurant and the sun deck seems somewhat pointless now.

The deductions to the Aurea experience are very disappointing, especially with the price point remaining. We're trying fantastica on our upcoming cruise. I'm already not looking forward to fixed dining and table sharing but the cost difference didn't justify booking Aurea. I might change my mind once sailing 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The deductions to the Aurea experience are very disappointing, especially with the price point remaining. We're trying fantastica on our upcoming cruise. I'm already not looking forward to fixed dining and table sharing but the cost difference didn't justify booking Aurea. I might change my mind once sailing 😂

You do not need to accept table sharing, tell the Maitre 'De what size of table you require and don't accept anything other is my advice!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, RudiRatlos said:

afaik, free massages are not included anymore for some years, but you will be fine with unlimited access to thermal area (=spa).

(On some overwiews the perks of each experience are not listed completely, one has to follow a "see all details here" link.)

What about the 40% off spa packages purchased pre cruise?  I booked Aurea and cannot figure out how to book jn advance with discount.  It is regular price in the cart and asks for credit card.  I called and that was no help. I was told first I get the discount on the ship- I explained the website shows 10% discount on the ship and I wanted to prebook with a discount.  They were unable to answer- sigh…. Same with dining packages- could not answer how to access discount for pre book.  Anyone??

What is the price for the thermal spa access on a 7-day cruise? I can't find this anywhere on MSC website? We are trying to decide which one is more cost effective: Fantastica balcony and purchase thermal spa passes OR Aurea balcony with unlimited spa access... 

Any experience?  

15 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

What is the price for the thermal spa access on a 7-day cruise? I can't find this anywhere on MSC website? We are trying to decide which one is more cost effective: Fantastica balcony and purchase thermal spa passes OR Aurea balcony with unlimited spa access... 

Any experience?  

Book now and save 43% vs onboard price!

Including:

• Aurea SPA Thermal Area access for the duration of the cruise

Benefits:
Experience our Finnish saunas, steam baths, emotional showers, Whirlpool baths, ice or snow room, calidarium, salt room, relaxation area and choose your desidered thermal path:
  • Relax: relieve stress through gradual muscle relaxation
  • Purify: detox your body through increased perspiration
  • Tonic: improve muscle tone and increase the oxygenation of the body
  • Excite: increase your metabolic rate and feel more energized throughout the day

This offer is not available on Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

• Price:$ 130 Per person
  • Like 1

Interesting. I've booked Aurea on World Europa and my TA did NOT list thermal access as part of the Aurea deal, but it *was* listed on the MSC website, so I assumed my TA was wrong... maybe not!

I mainly pick it for the table sharing and 'Any Time' dining but I do also thoroughly enjoy the thermal suite so I will be disappointed if access is not included.

30 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Book now and save 43% vs onboard price!

Including:

• Aurea SPA Thermal Area access for the duration of the cruise

Benefits:
Experience our Finnish saunas, steam baths, emotional showers, Whirlpool baths, ice or snow room, calidarium, salt room, relaxation area and choose your desidered thermal path:
  • Relax: relieve stress through gradual muscle relaxation
  • Purify: detox your body through increased perspiration
  • Tonic: improve muscle tone and increase the oxygenation of the body
  • Excite: increase your metabolic rate and feel more energized throughout the day

This offer is not available on Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

• Price:$ 130 Per person

Thank you so much!

51 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Interesting. I've booked Aurea on World Europa and my TA did NOT list thermal access as part of the Aurea deal, but it *was* listed on the MSC website, so I assumed my TA was wrong... maybe not!

I mainly pick it for the table sharing and 'Any Time' dining but I do also thoroughly enjoy the thermal suite so I will be disappointed if access is not included.

CJ ... We booked Virtuosa two days ago in Aurea, when I logged in to my account and went through the details it says access to the thermal area is included.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Hi Cap’n.  So good to see ‘round these parts.  We’re doing Europa from Abu Dhabi to Genoa soon (in Aurea, with the original benefits included).  Will be interesting to see how they deal with those of us with those vs the bookings with the reduced Aurea benefits. 

Hello, we have three upcoming cruises in Europe/Mediterranean

We booked the Fantastica package and purchased the Thermal Area Cruise Pass

By buying this pass do we get access to outside deck area on 19 and also the private deck area on the spa itself.

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Cap’n.  So good to see ‘round these parts.  We’re doing Europa from Abu Dhabi to Genoa soon (in Aurea, with the original benefits included).  Will be interesting to see how they deal with those of us with those vs the bookings with the reduced Aurea benefits. 

Hi Bea. Good to see you also. It's been a while!

Can I tempt you to do a review of your Europa sailing when the time comes?