Amsterdam to Rotterdam transportation

SandyR5

2 hours ago, Poconolady said:

We have been changed to disembarking in Rotterdam. Wondering if Celebrity will offer a bus service to Schipol, for a cost, of course.  Haven’t booked air yet, this  could make a difference in timing of flight.

If they don’t there are direct trains from Rotterdam Centraal to Schiphol every 15 minutes which take 25 minutes.

Factor in a cab to the station, and ship to airline check-in should reliably take 60-75 minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

If they don’t there are direct trains from Rotterdam Centraal to Schiphol every 15 minutes which take 25 minutes.

Factor in a cab to the station, and ship to airline check-in should reliably take 60-75 minutes.

Yes, but so much easier to just take the bus. Less luggage handling, etc.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:36 PM, love4trvl said:

We will be arriving at Schippel Airport on May 5 and want to stay near the port for our cruise on the 6th. I heard that there is a train or subway from the airport to take us there in about 25 minutes. And when we deboard on May 20th we will need to get to the airport. Any suggestions for us? There will be 6 of us.

Thank you so much!

There is no subway from the airport to the city. Trains run from under the airport, follow the signs after Baggage Reclaim, Schiphol is easy to navigate.

Heads up, 5  May is "Bevrijdingsdag" (Liberation Day), expect crowds, music and festivities in the city center. Trains might be more crowded, watch your belongings and stay with your luggage. Don't fear the youngsters heading to their festivals but do mind the professional pickpockets. 

On 4 May in the Netherlands we commemorate victims of war, and on 5 May we celebrate the fact that we live in freedom. 

https://www.4en5mei.nl/english/5-may/

• Like 4

On 2/10/2023 at 10:47 PM, Poconolady said:

Yes, but so much easier to just take the bus. Less luggage handling, etc.

Poster said IF. :classic_smile:

If one is able to manage the metro (elevators) and some steps I would advice the metro and train as suggested. It will beat the crowds, the train stops underneath the Plaza at Schiphol (elevators and walkways). The one or two thins that are an advantage of a possible ship organized bus are convenience and perhaps safety without the metro and railway station part. But with the right amount of caution and common sense this should not be a factor.

And with two or more you probably would pay the cruise line more than a private car/taxi from door to door would cost. I easily see X charging some 60-80 USD per person for that bus.

Celebrity transportation from Rotterdam to the airport for my September, 2023 British Isles cruise is only $29.95.  Pretty good deal.  I signed up for it but will continue to monitor the situation at the airport because if it is still a problem in September, I'll cancel this and get a cab earlier in the morning.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 3:46 PM, tce40 said:

Celebrity transportation from Rotterdam to the airport for my September, 2023 British Isles cruise is only $29.95.  Pretty good deal.  I signed up for it but will continue to monitor the situation at the airport because if it is still a problem in September, I'll cancel this and get a cab earlier in the morning.

That's very reasonable indeed! Not much going on at Schiphol right now, the start of the summer season will be a decent tell tale.. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, Poconolady said:

We have been changed to disembarking in Rotterdam. Wondering if Celebrity will offer a bus service to Schipol, for a cost, of course.  Haven’t booked air yet, this  could make a difference in timing of flight.

I have read in another posting that indeed Celebrity seems to offer a shuttle. 

I don't want to hijack but my question seems like a logical one to ask here.

I'm due to fly into AMS in Mid/Late May (23rd).  I'll be there for a few days (Springsteen concert and touring) and then flying out to Venice on the 27th.

I was reading that some of the issues of last spring/summer are expected again regarding AMS limiting the number of departing pax. I can easily cancel and refund my AMS-VCE plane ticket (since I booked it that way)  and hop a train elsewhere- London or Paris, for a day and then fly to Venice. (I'm a little crazy yes, but I've never been to Paris and honestly if I get there for a day to say I've seen it, that is ok with me).

My question is, at this point, while I still have some reasonable options, should I seriously consider cancelling the AMS-VCE flight in favor of getting out ahead of any possible cancellations?  I'd be flying on the 27th.  If I opt to leave via land, I'll go by rail on the 26th to where ever, and fly on the 27th.

(My flight is early on the 27th on KLM if that makes a difference)

On 2/14/2023 at 8:46 AM, tce40 said:

I’m interested, where did you find the $29.99 transportation, and how did you book it? I can’t find it for our cruise. Do you know what time yours is to arrive at the airport?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Poconolady said:

I’m interested, where did you find the $29.99 transportation, and how did you book it? I can’t find it for our cruise. Do you know what time yours is to arrive at the airport?

Thanks

Call your TA and they can book it

43 minutes ago, Poconolady said:

Thanks

It was under the Excursions tab in my booking.  They just added it a couple of weeks ago.  Since we're now coming into Rotterdam, it was there under the last day of trip.  I hope this helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irvington said:

I'm sure there are more qualified people, but if you are up for a train why not go Amsterdam-wherever-Venice all by train.

Seat61.com is amazing for planning train travel. And trains are so much more pleasant to use.

Seems like a long trip but I'll have a look, thanks!!

ETA: wow....this might be an idea!! While spending a night someplace would be fun, I do love trains and this gives me a way to do something different!!

Edited by megr1125
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Need some last minute help here - I am boarding Celebrity Apex this coming Sunday June 25th, an staying close to Rotterdam Central the night before. I'll be arriving at AMS airport on Saturday, but I just found out that Intercity (both regular and direct) will not be available this weekend - seems like there's some track maintenance. 

As an alternate, can someone suggest an alternative transportation option? We're travelling in a group of 6 (4 adults, 1 child and an infant). I've seen people mentioned staxi and suntransfer on cruisecritics previously. Is this my best bet?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

We are going from Rotterdam to Amsterdam just for a day tour and want to take the train. Do we have to pre-book tickets or can we just buy them at the gate. 

Just buy them at the station on the day.

Or - even better - use a contactless Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, or Apple/Google Pay. Then you don’t need a ticket at all - you just tap in and tap out at the gates.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 10:40 AM, Dar & Bob said:

Just went to the taxi site and they have terminated their company

Hi Dar & Bob,

I'm really reaching back here but by any chance did you use Arthur Weegeman for your Amsterdam transportation?  

5 hours ago, mrsfecura said:

Hi Dar & Bob,

I'm really reaching back here but by any chance did you use Arthur Weegeman for your Amsterdam transportation?  

We used VIP Travel - info below, They arrived as requested at a reasonable price - since we were there in May we requested a side trip to see the tulip fields for an additional amount of course.  We had a fabulous driver and wonderful trip.

VIP Travel & Limousine Services

Office: +3120 261 22 37 (also for Whats app) 

Dar  and Bob  this is exactly what I want to book for May of this year. Pick up at airport then stop to see tulips on way to hotel in Rotterdam. Did you actually attend the festival or just view tulip farms? How long was your side trip?

We used mydaytrip. They were wonderful. They took us from our hotel in Amsterdam to the pier in Rotterdam but they specialize in making stops along the way.