No Medallion Questions

Pineapple Princess

52 minutes ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Haven't sailed Princess since the Medallion process began.  Husband doesn't want to use Medallion due to a medical device.  Do we register on Princess.com as we have in the past?  Thanks

Yes, check-in can be completed online. That makes no difference to using the medallion.

You can check in via app or personalizer, same deal - either way, it's the medallion for your room key, ID, etc aboard. 

Medallion doesn't affect medical devices - if worried about a pace maker, carry it in your pocket.

You don't need to use the app at all, ever, if you don't want to.

Just use the medallion as you would the cruise card (which is RFID also, like your CC, passport, etc). 

Edited by reedprincess

Rumor has it that Princess will issue an old-fashioned cruise card that you can use instead of the medallion.  I do not have your husband’s medical issues so I have not looked into this.  Talk to Guest Services when you are onboard.

They will give you the physical medallion when you check in.  I would use it solely to let it open your cabin door for you as you approach.  It really can come in handy for other things as well.  This may not be the case...but don't confuse the physical medallion with the Medallion Class App.  (Many people do...)

16 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Thanks.  If he can't get a card, as long as we are together, I could carry is medallion along with mine????

You defiantly can switch out the medallion for a cruise card but on the slight chance they won't issue him one, you'll have to stick together the whole trip especially when disembarking and reentering the ship.

Having terrible time checking in. Does Princess still want credit card and passport information. Personalizer keeps sending me over to Medallion App and I am getting nowhere. Will calling Princess get me any help? If not completed prior to sailing, can it be done in person? Whole problem makes me want to cancel cruise but would lose a lot of money. Any advice greatly appreciated.

20 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Rumor has it that Princess will issue an old-fashioned cruise card that you can use instead of the medallion.  I do not have your husband’s medical issues so I have not looked into this.  Talk to Guest Services when you are onboard.

Yes but the cards are RFID.   

17 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Having terrible time checking in. Does Princess still want credit card and passport information. Personalizer keeps sending me over to Medallion App and I am getting nowhere. Will calling Princess get me any help? If not completed prior to sailing, can it be done in person? Whole problem makes me want to cancel cruise but would lose a lot of money. Any advice greatly appreciated.

There is a place on the home screen to use the personalizer instead.   Maybe under the "app" links?  I don't recall exactly where it was - look carefully for it.   

You can use the web browser access as long as you have not logged into the app for that sailing yet.  Once you've gone into the app, the option disappears.  At least thats what happened to me a few months ago.  

Ultimately, if none of this works, you can take all your paperwork to the port and do all the checkin there on embarkation day

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

1 hour ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

You can use the web browser access as long as you have not logged into the app for that sailing yet.  Once you've gone into the app, the option disappears.  At least thats what happened to me a few months ago.  

Nope...you must have run across a glitch while they were doing website maintenance or some such.  I just checked this:

On the Summary page click on "try our web version".  You can *almost* everything that you can on the app.  You can access your sailing from *either* the app or web.

image.png.1cc71cae798b1ece3823179d363edf06.png

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Using the medallion app for check in shouldn’t have anything to do with his reluctance to use the medallion device. Unless you mean that he is unable to use a cell phone or tablet due to his medical needs you should be able to check in with the app.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Using the medallion app for check in shouldn’t have anything to do with his reluctance to use the medallion device. Unless you mean that he is unable to use a cell phone or tablet due to his medical needs you should be able to check in with the app.

And where did you get your medical degree.....Walmart or Target.  Thanks for your totally useless input!

I have a Pacemaker and the Medalion could interfere with it.  As with my cell phone I keep the Medallion away from the Pacemaker.  I keep the Medallion on a retractable belt hook or in my pocket.  Never had a problem having sailed a number of times.  When boarding the ship, I notify Security of my Pacemaker and do not go through the metal detector, they frisk me.  Your Husband should have no problem just be careful.   

9 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazzy said:

I have a Pacemaker and the Medalion could interfere with it.  As with my cell phone I keep the Medallion away from the Pacemaker.  I keep the Medallion on a retractable belt hook or in my pocket.  Never had a problem having sailed a number of times.  When boarding the ship, I notify Security of my Pacemaker and do not go through the metal detector, they frisk me.  Your Husband should have no problem just be careful.   

Thank you.  Same here.. no metal detectors.

2 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

And where did you get your medical degree.....Walmart or Target.  Thanks for your totally useless input!

And here's a person who thinks they're on FB.  You're going to get no kind of help here with that attitude.  I know, I will no longer be helping this one.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Why would you cancel?

12 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

If you don’t want to download the MedallionClass app ( which is a stand alone app that runs on your smart phone or tablet and is separate from the actual Medallion device) you have several alternatives.  

The first alternative is to use the web version. You can log on to Princess and click on booked guests and then select get ocean ready. Then scroll down to the link for the web version. Here is a link to hopefully take you to the web version  https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

The second alternative is to arrive at the port with your passport, travel summary (optional but good to bring in my opinion),  and a credit card and proceed to the Blue Lane where a Princess employee will enter the information for you.

The third option is to ask someone you know who has a smart phone to download the MedallionClass App and enter the information for you. Or if you know someone who has already been on a Medallion cruise they can use their app to log in and help you.

The fourth option is to call Princess and ask to have someone assist you in entering the information.

Enjoy your cruise. 

5 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

5 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

I think you are confused about what the check in process is. The medallion app has nothing to do with the medallion device that had replaced key cards aboard ships. Check in is now done on mobile devices using an application rather than a website. Unless the passenger has a medical device that makes using a cell phone or tablet unsafe there should be no issues.

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Why would you cancel?

Total frustration. Childish I know. 

Thanks Shelly90760. Tried the web version. But somehow birthdate is wrong and couldn't edit it. Tried Chat feature but got nowhere. I'll just take all paperwork with me and let Princess rep do it. 

20 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nope...you must have run across a glitch while they were doing website maintenance or some such.  I just checked this:

On the Summary page click on "try our web version".  You can *almost* everything that you can on the app.  You can access your sailing from *either* the app or web.

image.png.1cc71cae798b1ece3823179d363edf06.png

Perhaps I should not have said "disappears" ---  the web option no longer allowed me access.  

After I accessed the app for dining, I went back to the website on my desktop and it did not allow me to log in.   

Glitch or not that was my experience a few months ago.