How to get help after being overcharged? (off ship)

SumoCitrus

I got back from a cruise that ended on December 26 and noticed that I was double charged at the spa. I pre-booked and pre-paid for a massage but I see they charged me again while I was onboard.

I'd like to avoid disputing the charge with my credit card, but I cannot get in touch with anyone at Princess. The customer service line has an indefinite hold and when I choose the option to receive a callback, I never get said callback.

Any suggestions?

55 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

I got back from a cruise that ended on December 26 and noticed that I was double charged at the spa. I pre-booked and pre-paid for a massage but I see they charged me again while I was onboard.

I'd like to avoid disputing the charge with my credit card, but I cannot get in touch with anyone at Princess. The customer service line has an indefinite hold and when I choose the option to receive a callback, I never get said callback.

Any suggestions?

Try calling first thing when they open. 

I know this doesn’t help you now but these stories of being over charged and not finding out until off the ship and then having to try and sort it out, is why I set up a cash account as soon as I board. 

Best of luck to you.

1 hour ago, SumoCitrus said:

Any suggestions?

Did you see the final bill?  They usually send a summary of your folio after the cruise.  If your final bill was a credit, that will be mailed to you.  Mine took about 4 weeks to reach me.  That is, if they realized you overpaid and will issue you a check for the overpayment.

If that Is not the case, then I would probably dispute the charge as a double charge.  

You can go to contact us…

on the website and fill out the post cruise comments and ask for a refund

or

Send an email to:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

and give all details for a refund request.

I have not had much or luck for responses from them though.

So, that’s why I said, I’d dispute it.

Thanks for the replies. I finally heard from a live person who said "the ship hasn't released the folio to us yet. Once they do, I'll call you back and we can go over it."

We put in on December 26 - 16 days ago. 😳

Not holding my breath...

9 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

Thanks for the replies. I finally heard from a live person who said "the ship hasn't released the folio to us yet. Once they do, I'll call you back and we can go over it."

Not holding my breath...

so the double charge wasn't on you folio when you checked it the last thing before leaving the ship? It happens.

7 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

Not holding my breath...

Really?  That person will call you back?

Anyway, our summary was emailed to us one day after we disembarked.  Did you check spam?  Comes from noreply@Princess……

In order to get a summary from past experience, I emailed customerrelations@princesscruises.comand did get a copy about a month later.  But, this was before the restart.  IDK how long it takes now.

2 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

Any suggestions?

are you sure that they double charged? On my recent cruises the reservations at the spa that we paid for pre cruise, show up as credits along with the obc on the account, and then the charge shows up during the cruise when charged by the spa.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

so the double charge wasn't on you folio when you checked it the last thing before leaving the ship? It happens.

I didn't check it before I left the ship. They emailed it to me after I got off the ship. I don't make a habit of checking the bill before leaving.

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Sure is not a credit card hold which will drop off in a few days. Sometimes it can look like you have been charged twice, but you haven't.

Regards

Sarah

Sorry if I wasn't clear. This isn't a credit card hold. These are posted charges.

I pre-paid for the spa visit in September 2022. The cruise was Dec 18-26. An additional charge for a "second massage" showed up on the bill. No credit for the prepayment.

36 minutes ago, SumoCitrus said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. This isn't a credit card hold. These are posted charges.

I pre-paid for the spa visit in September 2022. The cruise was Dec 18-26. An additional charge for a "second massage" showed up on the bill. No credit for the prepayment.

Oh. Ok. Hopefully they resolve it quickly for you. I would be a bit miffed about it. 

• Thanks 1

I check my folio in the app every day. I often find incorrect charges. The first day of our cruise last May we were charged $16 apiece for drinks in the cigar lounge. Not only did we have Princess Plus and didn't have to pay extra for our drinks, we never  go into the cigar bar! I tend to find at least one incorrect charge each cruise so, like I said above, I check my folio daily.

I also use my Capital One credit card. If I'm double charged they send me an email right away. When I buy a future cruise credits for my wife and myself they are separate charges and Capital One always flags them as a possible double charge.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1