Electrical sockets/plug

boatladyuk

1 hour ago, boatladyuk said:

Hi, This may be a stupid question but i am going on Britannia in Feb. and i wonder are the sockets UK or do i need adapters?

Thank you all 

UK plugs and one US one.  The latter fits the supplied hair dryer.  I took a world adaptor just in case.

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

UK plugs and one US one.  The latter fits the supplied hair dryer.  I took a world adaptor just in case.

I keep a world adaptor in my bag of things that to go on every cruise :

Adaptor

Travel hairdryer, the ones on the cabins are too heavy

Hair straighteners

Shower Cap, the disposable ones always seem to tear.

Corkscrew for when we buy a bottle of wine ashore to drink on the balcony

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boatladyuk said:

Hi, This may be a stupid question but i am going on Britannia in Feb. and i wonder are the sockets UK or do i need adapters?

Thank you all 

Just a tip.  The 2 pin plugs on shavers,toothbrush chargers etc don't fit the P&O shaver socket.

• Like 1

• Host Sharon changed the title to Electrical sockets/plug
  • 1 year later...

I am on Aurora next year.

I seem to remember years back they did not allow multi-way power adapters and were really against ones with surge protectors.  Like most people these days I have a plethora of things to plug in, and even my four-way USB adaptors are not sufficient.  (Not helped by MyHoliday pretty much requiring we keep phones charged.)  However a quick search didn't find any comments on P&O's site.

Aurora has, I think, one socket plus one for the TV - we are not in a suite which I guess has more.

What are the current restrictions on multi-way adapters?

Edited by WestonOne

11 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

I am on Aurora next year.

I seem to remember years back they did not allow multi-way power adapters and were really against ones with surge protectors.  Like most people these days I have a plethora of things to plug in, and even my four-way USB adaptors are not sufficient.  (Not helped by MyHoliday pretty much requiring we keep phones charged.)  However a quick search didn't find any comments on P&O's site.

What are the current restrictions on multi-way adapters?

No. That is to say there are no restrictions on multi-way adaptors. Just extension leads with surge protectors are not allowed (unless needed for medical use).

Edited by FangedRose
Clarification

21 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

No. Just extension leads with surge protectors.

I found this which seems to say no personal extension leads are allowed.  I gather many people ignore that ...

Unless they are making a distinction between a distribution panel on the desk and one with a cable trailing across the room?

Personal Extension Leads are not permitted on board unless they are to be used with essential medical equipment (e.g. CPAP and nebuliser machines). These will be checked for electrical safety along with your piece of medical equipment prior to sailing. 

Edited by WestonOne

I think where the confusion arises is in how people interpret the term "extension lead".

My definition is a two, or more, metre lead with a plug at one end and one, or two, sockets at the other end.

The other interpretation is the four, six, eight extension "block" on a short lead and as long as this does not have surge protection I believe that it is OK to take on board - I have never had a problem in the past.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:11 PM, boatladyuk said:

Thank you all