Balcony Cruise Soot

notscb

After reading another article about rear-facing balcony cruise soot, I was wondering if the new Carnival Ships experienced this problem at all or if anyone had experienced this issue on ships with  newer designs? I had also wondered if the Carnival Freedom might have this issue given the temporary stack design.

Anyone have the inside scoop?

• Like 1

I was on the top deck underneath the lido on Mardi Gras in a corner suite and did not notice this.  But, then again, I haven't noticed this issue on any ship and have been on a rear balcony or in a corner room on at least 4 ships.

• Like 3

We have seen it on Vista class. It seems to present when winds are calm and the ship is moving slowly. The funnel was literally spitting ash all over the jogging track. The crew was trying hard to keep the track clean, but it really was hopeless

13 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

The crew was trying hard to keep the track clean, but it really was hopeless

That's quite the losing job, I feel for those crew members who were actively trying to work against what is really just a bad design.

• Like 1

It is probably not a problem on the Excel class ships because they are run by LPG and the pollution is greatly reduced with ships using that fuel source.   We have been on a LOT of aft facing cabins on Conquest class ships and the Vista and have never notice a problem with soot or bad smells from the funnel.  We were on the Celebration this past December, were docked next to another ship and the wind happened to be blowing our direction from that ship's funnel.   It wasn't bad but it was noticeable.

• Like 1