MSC Status Match Program

tgg

On 3/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, travelwide said:

The price now for the entry cat. cabin is $9400 less 25% = $7050. 10 nts. Dec. 13. How does this compare to the entry pricing before all of the increases?

P.s. I see you live in our area of the state. Great for cruising! Thank you for the link. Very informative.

Yep, we've got that $7,050 'net' price (25% MSC Voyagers Club Diamond Discount) confirmed and a hold reservation yesterday on that specific cruise.  $352.50 PP PD is pretty decent to try Explora I.  TA has indicated that he still got a 2-stateroom upgrade?  Didn't expect that.  TA also giving $500 OBC.  Looks like less than Seascape Yacht Club for just 7-day periods time wise.

Not going to miss waterslides, zip lines and large pool and show gatherings and shows and restaurants or risk dealing with potential new issues in the Yacht Club of late inference.

Looking for a nice, tranquil pre-Christmas and New Years holidays cruise before we fly all over the country to visit sons and grandkids, get sick with either Covid, cold or flu from such, before returning to sunny South Florida after New Years for the 'winter.'  😉

I don't know how that compares to the original and sequential price increases, however, we've been told that the latest price increase really had an impact on new reservations.  Likely, the moved too high too fast and it wasn't sustainable for some reason.  Also, there are some disparities along choice of cruising dates aligned with typical holidays and seasons.  Admire those that booked really early.  Missed punching the button on such at the time.

• Like 1

Looking forward to meeting up with you. We are looking forward to an elegant ship experience. The days of slides and race cars are long gone. 

We usually have 2 MSC cruises booked but so far none. Trying Virgin over Thanksgiving since it is adults only.

Tempted to book the week before but it means a 1 way flight to Barbados.

I believe they got cocky with their price increases and found out the market can only handle certain pricing. Good for us with this new promotion.

Maybe it will be a permanent benefit for Diamond MSC members. Probably wishful thinking but one never knows.

2 hours ago, travelwide said:

Looking forward to meeting up with you. We are looking forward to an elegant ship experience. The days of slides and race cars are long gone. 

Yep, although feel up to it, the 67 YO legs, back, hamstrings etc. make a difference.  😉

We usually have 2 MSC cruises booked but so far none. Trying Virgin over Thanksgiving since it is adults only.

Us also.  Been a no-go since December 2019 pre-pandemic.  Had a good run of 11+- weeks in 2019, YC B2Bs and a Haven 21D LA - NYC in time for Thanksgiving (we had a very large sickness, not Noro, not flu...but huge contingent of Asian passengers 😷 No comment).

Tempted to book the week before but it means a 1 way flight to Barbados.

We're not big fans of so many no-returns-to-departure port of Explora Journeys.

I believe they got cocky with their price increases and found out the market can only handle certain pricing. Good for us with this new promotion.

Yep.  We've got a 'hold' on a 10 deck mid-ship, but appears below one of the 'inside whirlpools' on 11.  Trying to figure that out.  Can't find any photos of such.  Anyone with a 'keen eye' of 'info' would be appreciated.

Maybe it will be a permanent benefit for Diamond MSC members. Probably wishful thinking but one never knows.

Agree, likely wishful at this time.  World events can't change in a 'blink though.  The good thing with EJ and MSC we're not worried about our deposits.  Would not touch the big 3 public CLs at this point and the Haven and YC are getting absurd.

Edited by At Sea At Peace

3 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Enjoying everyone's comments but ..... this is one of THE big selling points for me! It's funny how we all view things differently.

I love covering a much larger distance and starting off/finishing off in a warmer climate. Once I'm on a plane, I don't really care if it's three or five hours!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

3 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

2 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Enjoying everyone's comments but ..... this is one of THE big selling points for me! It's funny how we all view things differently.

I love covering a much larger distance and starting off/finishing off in a warmer climate. Once I'm on a plane, I don't really care if it's three or five hours!

I agree, @Dr. Cocktail.  We have done one MSC Yacht Club cruise, but their 7-day back to the same port itinerary structure means b-o-r-i-n-g!!!  All the cruise lines I follow now do A-to-B, then B-to-C, then C-to-D, etc. – making for much more varied and interesting itineraries, and allowing for B2B(2B) longer cruises.  That is the market Explora is competing in, so they need to offer that type of itineraries.

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

I agree, @Dr. Cocktail.  We have done one MSC Yacht Club cruise, but their 7-day back to the same port itinerary structure means b-o-r-i-n-g!!!  All the cruise lines I follow now do A-to-B, then B-to-C, then C-to-D, etc. – making for much more varied and interesting itineraries, and allowing for B2B(2B) longer cruises.  That is the market Explora is competing in, so they need to offer that type of itineraries.

I just got off Regent and while I didn't totally love it (review to follow!), looking forward, ALL the Oceania and Regent 7 night itineraries for the next few years ARE THE SAME WESTERN ROUTE!!!!!

Perhaps the cutbacks at NCLHI have resulted in a lack of maps ...

We are on the September 23 day Glasgow to NYC trip, via Iceland and Greenland.  One of the things we are looking forward to is one plane trip.  In NYC it's just taxi to the train station and then ride the rails home to Washington, D.C.

Edited by daleandrews
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I just got off Regent and while I didn't totally love it (review to follow!), looking forward, ALL the Oceania and Regent 7 night itineraries for the next few years ARE THE SAME WESTERN ROUTE!!!!!

Perhaps the cutbacks at NCLHI have resulted in a lack of maps ...

And you can't even count on calling at the places they advertise, as they are making itinerary changes on all three NCLH lines – allegedly to improve their green footprint (which is doubtful) but with the undoubted impact of reducing port times for their passengers.

50 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And you can't even count on calling at the places they advertise, as they are making itinerary changes on all three NCLH lines – allegedly to improve their green footprint (which is doubtful) but with the undoubted impact of reducing port times for their passengers.

The cruising world is changing by the day - we can hopefully discuss it one day otr if our paths cross on an Explora voyage!  I'll be the one with the empty glasses around me!

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Host Jazzbeau and @Dr. Cocktail present good perspectives.  We've enjoyed such as 21-D LA-NY in Haven and enjoyed it, had good sights to see in NY (pre-pandemic, pre-what-the-heck-is-going-on-in-the-streets-there 😟).  Even had good time pre-cruise on the Queen Mary overnight and up to Hermosa Beach.

Now in FLL ☀️ for the winter (up North 🥶) we like the itineraries beneficial to an Uber ride to and from Port Everglades or Port of Miami.  No more pre-flight hotels in Boston.  No more flights to FLL or MIA.  No more pre-cruise hotels in FLL (Harbor Beach Marriott) or MIA (Intercontinental).

However, we will keep an open mind to a different start and/or finish going forward depending on various events and conditions at such alternatives.  Generally prefer 10D+ cruises at a minimum, so the 7D comment is consistent.  Also making such 'boring' is the mass market larger ships go to the same ports all the time and, because the ports aren't expanding as fast as the capacity of new mega ships coming online, the port stops are "shorter" noticeably.

Looking forward to experiencing Explora I in December.

After reading through this topic I provided my Regent status to MSC and received Diamond status with about 72 hours. I’ve just emailed my TA asking her to request the promotion for Diamond status and I’m eager to hear if Explora will apply it to our Aug 8, 2023 booking. I started looking at Explora when they offered the 10% off for pay if full and when we decided to move forward with  the cruise, they had brought this discount down to 5% so I was pretty upset about just missing out on a few hundred dollars off, so I will be extremely happy if I am able to get this promo or anything extra with it. 

I’m really exiting to try a brand new ship and I wanted to explore Iceland. Regent has gotten so expensive I can’t justify paying their fares. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank for for posting about the MSC loyalty matching program and I will report back if I’m successful in applying the promotion to my booked cruise in 2023. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I also prefer returns or ports of embarkation easy to access. The costs of one way tickets are absurd nowadays. Specially business class.
Ivi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone successfully obtain an MSC Status Match based upon the number of completed Crystal Cruises?

What did you submit as a Crystal status card or a Crystal Online profile?

My travel agent submitted verification of my cruises, too. Each submission was rejected.

Thank you. 

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2023 at 2:42 PM, Ice Bear said:

Did anyone successfully obtain an MSC Status Match based upon the number of completed Crystal Cruises?

What did you submit as a Crystal status card or a Crystal Online profile?

Yes we successfully did a status match based on our Crystal status - we submitted a copy of our last booking confirmation which listed the number of completed cruises - that was all they required from us 

9 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes we successfully did a status match based on our Crystal status - we submitted a copy of our last booking confirmation which listed the number of completed cruises - that was all they required from us 

Same here, just had to provide my Crystal society number.

Hope you don't mind me asking but we were issued with black rather than diamond status that others have mentioned in earlier posts, this seems to be the highest level available in our part of the world...are you able to confirm Stickman?

On 4/21/2023 at 9:06 PM, Stickman1990 said:

I appreciate your reply, Stickman. I originally submitted a Booking Confirmation identifying the number of completed cruises, too.

Lord Haw Haw: Eventually, MSC approved a Status Match based upon my Seabourn status. Thank you for the follow-up note.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...