Constellation on brokerage

BigAl94

The Connie has been for sale for years and if a buyer comes up with the asking price she will be sold, but considering the current financial situation of the cruising industry it will not happen soon. I believe the Infinity has also been for sale for years but so far so buyers just like the Connie.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Apologies if this has come up before but while Millennium class ships have been listed before in a fairly anonymous way, this is the first time I have seen a named ship listed and showing deck plans etc. https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/yacht/2002-cruise-ship---2038-2450-passengers----stock-no.-s2348-5965073/

As SHOCKING as it initially seems... listings like this are pretty typical. We're scheduled on Connie for 2024 and I'm not nervous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We are on the Connie with family to Greece This June. That would be terrible.

Connie was already for sale long before you booked your June cruise and will, in all likelihood, still be for sale long after you disembark. There's nothing new here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Connie was already for sale long before you booked your June cruise and will, in all likelihood, still be for sale long after you disembark. There's nothing new here.

....but I worry that sooner or later, someone will buy her!

Every ship is potentially for sale. Constellation was not listed by Celebrity. That brokerage has been listing many ships for years to draw  people their website.to make themselves look good. I have seen threads like this for over 15 years about listings on that website started when people saw it and freaked out cause a ship they booked was on it. The listings are phoney. 

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I would worry more about her being sent to the breakers. 

She's got another good 10 years or so on her.

Look at what Phoenix Reisen has done with the old Prinsendam, originally launched in 1988. By contrast, Constellation is only middle-aged, being launched in 2002.

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

She's got another good 10 years or so on her.

Look at what Phoenix Reisen has done with the old Prinsendam, originally launched in 1988. By contrast, Constellation is only middle-aged, being launched in 2002.

With Celebrity building a new class of ship which is very different feature the Millenium class does not really fit. Plus it does not seem like cruises on that class of ship are selling well. What other cruise line would want that  class thse days? It is too middling. Prinsendam can fill a niche of smaller ships can go to ports larger ones can not. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

With Celebrity building a new class of ship which is very different feature the Millenium class does not really fit. Plus it does not seem like cruises on that class of ship are selling well. What other cruise line would want that  class thse days? It is too middling. Prinsendam can fill a niche that smaller ships can go to ports larger ones can not. 

The M class are well designed, well built, well maintained and comfortable ships. I could see them being used for around-the-world sailings on some line, if not Celebrity. HAL is using a comparably-sized ship now and seem to have no problem finding ports or filling the ship with enough pax to make it worthwhile.

18 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

The M class are well designed, well built, well maintained and comfortable ships. I could see them being used for around-the-world sailings on some line, if not Celebrity. HAL is using a comparably-sized ship now and seem to have no problem finding ports or filling the ship with enough pax to make it worthwhile.

If the cruise industry was in good shape financially I would agree. Given that it is cheaper to operate newer ships that have  more revenue opportunities Celebrity might decide to offload M-Class. Who would buy? I understand that Summit will be replaced on the Bermuda sailings by Eclipse seems like the jhandwriting is on the wall.  Perhaps M-Class will be used for short sailings. 

Edited by Charles4515