Go port paid and reserved parking just cancelled for Msc meraviglia.

zhillscruisecritic

6 hours ago, zhillscruisecritic said:

Got email cancelling my paid parking spot at Go Port Parking for Msc Meraviglia Feb 19 for 7 night cruise.   Has anyone else received this notice? Did u get your money back? Is something going on with msc?  Any suggestions for reasonable parking?  Thank you for any info.

Don't think it is MSC. They are only servicing Carnival and RCCL now according to their website. No clue why. Seen on another website that several have been cancelled and not happy. 

Thank you for your reply.  I had looked up goport site and didn't see any reference to not serving Msc.  But they are doing the "Wonder" on the same dates and was wondering if I could change to that and just walk to Msc ship.           I called goport and left message but no response to this.     Trying to find if meraviglia and wonder are berthed at same terminal area where it wouldn't be that far to try this .  73 and toting luggage might be a stretch!  Good sails

2 hours ago, chop27 said:

what is best parking lot for MSC Cruise departing fromPort Carnival?

Parking at the port is the best option. No waiting for shuttles to offsite locations. Only $ 17 per day, including first / last day. Pay for 8 days on a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zhillscruisecritic said:

Thank you for your reply.  I had looked up goport site and didn't see any reference to not serving Msc.  But they are doing the "Wonder" on the same dates and was wondering if I could change to that and just walk to Msc ship.           I called goport and left message but no response to this.     Trying to find if meraviglia and wonder are berthed at same terminal area where it wouldn't be that far to try this .  73 and toting luggage might be a stretch!  Good sails

Wonder docks at terminal 1 and MSC docks at 10. You have to go over a bridge (no pedestrians) to get to where MSC docks. It's not all that far but you would definitely need transportation  between the two.

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Parking at the port is the best option. No waiting for shuttles to offsite locations. Only $ 17 per day, including first / last day. Pay for 8 days on a 7 day cruise.

Parking at the port is the best option for us too.  It is $17 per day for 8 days plus tax (yes THERE IS TAX for that now on our December cruise).  Cost a little more for the cruise but so much easy.

Edited by ChattTenn

6 hours ago, chop27 said:

what is best parking lot for MSC Cruise departing fromPort Carnival?

Parking garage at term 10 if the ship is docked there.  Follow signs from exit 54A.  No transport required.
$17 a day.  

Edited by Cancun01

10 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Agree! And much more affordable than Miami port. This is first time we are cruising out of Port Canaveral where we have to park. Just for convenience the extra cost is worth it versus getting shuttle to and fro. 

Big thank you for all the replies. Have found "parkportcanaveral.com".  With code word "holiday" it gives $36 discount for total of $82.    Right off astronaut blvd by the port with shuttle every 30 minutes.  Very nice/informative lady I spoke to before making reservation online. You have to do it online to get the discount. Hope this helps someone else.  See y'all at 3pm meet and greet as was posted in previous post.  I can feel the pina colada in my hands and sand in my shoes. Good sails

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zhillscruisecritic said:

Big thank you for all the replies. Have found "parkportcanaveral.com".  With code word "holiday" it gives $36 discount for total of $82.    Right off astronaut blvd by the port with shuttle every 30 minutes.  Very nice/informative lady I spoke to before making reservation online. You have to do it online to get the discount. Hope this helps someone else.  See y'all at 3pm meet and greet as was posted in previous post.  I can feel the pina colada in my hands and sand in my shoes. Good sails

Not the best choice IMHO.  I am a local and here's what they don't tell you.  You may....be in a huge line if you want to be on before noon. The shuttle only holds so many people and during the peak its traffic both ways.

If you show up at 1pm, you will have no issue.  Now when you get off, its the same issue. Wait in line while shuttle goes back and forth.  Wait till 1030am or so and you have a good chance.

• 4 months later...

They have apparently cancelled everything and moved to only serving carnival Mardi Gras cruisers. I don’t know how this makes sense logistically serving one ship once a week and throwing other ships to the wayside.