Covid Testing for Enhanced Guidelines Voyage

tawlaw1526

7 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Can you find your voyage in the enhanced voyages list?  The information on our March TA is the same on the health tool as clicking on the voyage in the list.  Booking or Voyage Lookup (princess.com)

The information on that link hasn’t been updated since the beginning of December, the information in the FAQ section was updated a few days ago and is worded differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

It does qive directions on taking a photo of test results along with passport for your self-administered test.  Why the instructions if they arern't legal?

Not on the health tool or the personalizer for a cruise going to Colombia It specifies PCR test or medically observed antigen test for non vaccinated passengers. I would not take the risk of using a self test and risk not getting on board

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzziee said:

The information on that link hasn’t been updated since the beginning of December, the information in the FAQ section was updated a few days ago and is worded differently.

Yes, I know.  The OP said the health tool for her March cruise doesn't have any information (says it's too early) so I suggested looking on the enhanced voyages list because, for my March cruise at least, the information is the same in both places.  

10 minutes ago, Izzziee said:

The FAQs are generic guidelines not cruise specific.  Everyone needs to check their cruise in the “cruise health tool” using their booking number for specific instructions.  Not sure why the op’s  March cruise doesn’t show yet but I’d keep checking.  In lieu of that Pompeii’s link is as close to cruise specific as the OP will get until their health tool is populated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

The FAQs are generic guidelines not cruise specific.  Everyone needs to check their cruise in the “cruise health tool” using their booking number for specific instructions.  Not sure why the op’s  March cruise doesn’t show yet but I’d keep checking.  In lieu of that Pompeii’s link is as close to cruise specific as the OP will get until their health tool is populated.

Ah I see thank you.
For the record my March cruise says check back nearer the time too .

18 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

As I have been saying forever. Do not rely on generic info

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

And I keep telling you, for our Enhanced Voyage in March, it is NOT there

I just plugged in my name/cruise info into the health tool for March 17. This is what I got;

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to embarkation, or
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the MedallionClass app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

27 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I just plugged in my name/cruise info into the health tool for March 17. This is what I got;

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to embarkation, or
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the MedallionClass app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

But under the specific protocol for our cruise, it says not available yet.  Check back later

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

But under the specific protocol for our cruise, it says not available yet.  Check back later

Ok. Then I’m confused. I went to the CruiseHealth tool. Typed in my name and booking confirmation #. That’s the response I got, and it started with This specific booking…

I have been going back and forth with Princess agents and Princess website.  I find it extremely interesting that all of my "Japan" cruise information defaults to Australia requirements.  

I sent an email to ocean navigator.  Will see what they say ... when they respond. They didn't respond to my last inquiry that sort of fixed itself.

11 hours ago, Izzziee said:

The instructions for uploading the covid results on my medallion app just talks about a self test, not observed, it doesn’t ask for a certificate that would accompany that.

2903CB7F-E8EF-47B2-BBEB-75DE453BA179.jpeg

Same cruise same screen shot - the only option is a picture of a self test, nothing to say medically observed letter stating negative result will be acceptable or the usual " document must show date and name of medical professional". I know a medically observed teat WILL be acceptable but that is not what is specifically required for check in for my cruise. Still nearly 2 months away so  will hold off making an appointment for an observed test at my local pharmacy for now.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:17 PM, Shelly97060 said:

Last night I sent an email that details the conflicting language in the Cruise Health Tool and the FAQ to one of the VPs at Princess who is always very responsive.  This morning they responded that they have escalated this to the Communications Team.  

Hopefully this will result in the two documents being aligned shortly! 

A week later….no update yet?

Your So Pacific is what we just did on the Crown in Nov/Dec and we DID need medically observed self administered, in other words proctored tests.

The TA Enchanted March 9, 23 is also on the Enhanced Voyages and reads the same as yours, I believe.  Could you verify that terminology as well, when you talk with upper management?

This is the CruiseHealth tool info which differs from the FAQ and the App upload information, as you know.  TIA

Enhanced Protocols

Vaccination Requirements

Testing Requirements

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

A week later….no update yet?

Your So Pacific is what we just did on the Crown in Nov/Dec and we DID need medically observed self administered, in other words proctored tests.

The TA Enchanted March 9, 23 is also on the Enhanced Voyages and reads the same as yours, I believe.  Could you verify that terminology as well, when you talk with upper management?

This is the CruiseHealth tool info which differs from the FAQ and the App upload information, as you know.  TIA

Enhanced Protocols

Vaccination Requirements

Testing Requirements

On the last bullet point it says, "Medically observed OR OR OR self-administered"  Just what does OR mean then??

52 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

On the last bullet point it says, "Medically observed OR OR OR self-administered"  Just what does OR mean then??

One of the last interpretations from a PCL manager said:

That’s the same as proctored.  You self administer in front of a medical person, which could be in person at a pharmacy or observed by a proctor when you do it yourself.  The wording is really goofy.

But, same wording on our enhanced in Nov and it WAS required. Whichever you did to test…..it had to be medically observed…that could be medically observed In person test (say CVS)  OR  medically observed by self administered (like an emed proctor).  

The first sentence says: REQUIRED.

The next 2 bullets try to explain the choices of tests, but it says ALL REQUIRED MEDICALLY OBSERVED.

Of course, the App is another story.

Like I said before, we had over 200 that showed up without the medically observed test and denied boarding at San Pedro.  Scrambling to go to urgent care, overwhelmed, then medical came out to the terminal and tested them all after the port authorities became involved.  They were lucky to get on. They had been told incorrectly by a PCL agent.

They need to correct the language.  If they were going to only require a self test, then they should send out an email to those on the voyages and change the wording.  

So yes, unless I see it in writing, I’ll purchase emed about 2 weeks before and make a backup appmt at CVS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s the same as proctored.  You self administer in front of a medical person, which could be in person at a pharmacy or observed by a proctor when you do it yourself.  The wording is really goofy.

But, same wording on our enhanced in Nov and it WAS required. Whichever you did to test…..it had to be medically observed…that could be medically observed In person test (say CVS)  OR  medically observed by self administered (like an emed proctor).  

The next 2 bullets try to explain the choices of tests, but it says ALL REQUIRED MEDICALLY OBSERVED.

Like I said before, we had over 200 that showed up without the medically observed test and denied boarding at San Pedro.  Scrambling to go to urgent care, overwhelmed, then medical came out to the terminal and tested them all after the port authorities became involved.  They were lucky to get on. They had been told incorrectly by a PCL agent.

They need to correct the language.  If they were going to only require a self test, then they should send out an email to those on the voyages and change the wording.  

So yes, unless I see it in writing, I’ll purchase emed about 2 weeks before and make a backup appmt at CVS.

I really appreciate you sharing the experience from your Nov cruise.   That will hopefully help eliminate people coming unprepared for our March sailing.   We have just ordered our EMed tests for March.    I appreciate all the time helping us understand how to avoid what happened to 200 some people people in Nov.   That is the last type of stress I need on day of boarding.  THANK YOU!   

• Like 1

Thank you so much for clearing that up.  I have always been a bit concerned about taking the emed tests.  What if you loose internet connection in the middle of the test?  Do you have to start over with a new test?

I entirely hear what you're saying.  It's just really frustrating to receive the following two responses regarding our March TA on the Enchanted, the first from my PVP and the second from live chat:

Hi Susan,

Per the guidelines a self-administered antigen home test is acceptable for this voyage and you can upload a photo to your medallion app.

Kind Regards,

K-----

image.thumb.png.b934912635487ad4b0cfb4cd55f02861.png

I think almost all passengers would assume Princess knows what it's talking about and plan for a regular at-home test.  Unless they clarify the wording on the guidelines, we need to look at our travel summary and important notices closer to sailing.  It should specify exactly what the testing requirements are.  If a test is required, we should also receive an email shortly before sailing.  

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

I entirely hear what you're saying.  It's just really frustrating to receive the following two responses regarding our March TA on the Enchanted, the first from my PVP and the second from live chat:

Hi Susan,

Per the guidelines a self-administered antigen home test is acceptable for this voyage and you can upload a photo to your medallion app.

Kind Regards,

K-----

image.thumb.png.b934912635487ad4b0cfb4cd55f02861.png

I think almost all passengers would assume Princess knows what it's talking about and plan for a regular at-home test.  Unless they clarify the wording on the guidelines, we need to look at our travel summary and important notices closer to sailing.  It should specify exactly what the testing requirements are.  If a test is required, we should also receive an email shortly before sailing.  

Yes!  Let’s hope so, but I’m not counting on it.  
We just have to prepare for it anyway.

I don’t want to start out a cruise with stress!  
So, keep in touch.  

3 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you so much for clearing that up.  I have always been a bit concerned about taking the emed tests.  What if you loose internet connection in the middle of the test?  Do you have to start over with a new test?

I have never lost complete connection with the proctor.  Had a little intermittent internet connection issue, but not enough to matter. Proctor came back on and said no problem.

You might call Emed and ask that question.  Let us know what they say.

I’m booking a backup test with a CVS for the aftn, just in case there is a problem.

If I don’t need it, then I’ll cancel it.

The Emed test is so easy and convenient that I’d prefer to do it, if we have to test.

So you were on the Crown sailing that required proctored tests?  Do you remember what the app said to upload, did it instruct you to upload a photo or was it specific about needing proctored results?  

Also, did you receive an email for that sailing and was it listed in your travel summary or Important Notices for the cruise?  The last time I had to test, it was for Hawaii last March and the instructions were very specific regarding testing in both places.  I'm hoping they're still doing that.  Thanks