What is the worst balcony on Oasis

grod19

While I do agree that always having an ocean view balcony would be great there are lots of times where I can get CP balconies for less than insides because of group rates and the balcony discounts.  To move up to an oceanview could be several hundreds of $ more.  We do not sit out on the balcony but enjoy the rooms for the extra space, light and fresh air.  Personally I don't mind the neighborhood balconies however I do prefer CP over BW and given the choice I would take a neighborhood balcony over an inside any day of the week.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Remember, you can always ask to move to another cabin in the same category if you get one that you really don't want.  If there is one available.

That last sentence says it all:  If there is one available.  By the time your guarantee is assigned, most of the rooms will be taken.  

Don't get me wrong -- we love guarantees and have always been quite happy with our assignments -- but you must acknowledge the risk in choosing the guarantee.  

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Admittedly, it would be extremely helpful if Royal fitted the windows with sheer curtains for privacy in addition to the black-out

Agree!  Almost all hotels have two sets of curtains -- I'm rather amazed that ships don't.  

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Definately stay away from the boardwalk .

Eh, I'd say it depends.  We are scheduled for an ocean view balcony in the boardwalk area, and I'm quite excited about it ... we love deck 6, and we love the idea of being able to walk out of our hallway /being near Johnny Rockets for breakfast and Playmakers.  But we're in an ocean view /not facing the boardwalk.  The repetitive noise from the carousel would drive me nuts.  

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

We've stayed in a promenade room (similar "issue") and a Boardwalk room once (and have it booked coming up).  I don't understand the big deal with having to pull the curtains.  At home our backyard backs on to the backyard of the street behind us, so we always change with the curtains closed.  It's not such an odd or different thing.

We absolutely love Promenade rooms!  No, closing the curtain isn't a big deal -- it's much overplayed on these boards.  

• Like 2

I really think it depends on what cabin and/or category cabin you are in.  I've stayed in a few cabins that have the blackout curtains and the sheers. 

On Independence of the Seas last Oct/Nov we stayed in cabin #9308.  The below isn't that cabin but it is exactly the same.  At least as far as curtains are concerned.

image.thumb.png.784023f6056ac7c6fd3c628b44d6996f.png

For the first time we picked a  Central Park Balcony on a recent Allure cruise over an ocean view balcony...usually do ocean view balcony.   We both really enjoyed it very much and would do again.  Try and pick a cabin on 10 (14 not good as right below the pool).    We also picked a cabin closer to where they play the music at night.  I would not pick Board Walk Balcony as it is too loud, but that is my opinion.  At night you can see across the way at your neighbors but just shut the sheers!

We can't speak to the worst cabin on the Oasis, however last week on the Allure, we had one of the worst cabins on that ship. Cabin 14562 right below the hot tub.  DW is a light sleeper and when the pump goes off it is like a the USS Enterprise going to warp factor 3.  The tub is supposed to be closed after 7pm, someone still managed to use it at 3 am.  We did go to guest services and moved to a quieter room.

I live near the ocean and outdoor showers are common.  The windows of our second story living room room and bedroom overlook neighbors’s outdoor showers.  We quickly learned to avert our eyes.  

I feel adequately trained to avert my eyes should somebody fail to pull their curtains on s cruiseship.  DH says he sees lots of ocean at home and seeing Central Park or Boardwalk is nice

16 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Personally I wouldn't do it at that price. Only an oceanview balcony gty. I'd choose an oceanview window over boardwalk or central park balcony. 

We've had Central Park, (which we liked very much - especially for the price), Boardwalk - which was just OK, and OV on the hump balconies.  I guess I'd rather have the option of fresh air and being able to sit outside regardless of the location over a room w/o a balcony.

3 hours ago, Magicat said:

We can't speak to the worst cabin on the Oasis, however last week on the Allure, we had one of the worst cabins on that ship. Cabin 14562 right below the hot tub.  DW is a light sleeper and when the pump goes off it is like a the USS Enterprise going to warp factor 3.  The tub is supposed to be closed after 7pm, someone still managed to use it at 3 am.  We did go to guest services and moved to a quieter room.

When you went to Guest Services, did they offer a reason for the noise?  If not, it makes me wonder if it might have been the crew cleaning the spa/hot tub. But, as much as the cruise industry doesn't enforce their own rules, yes it probably was guests using the spa.  

The whole privacy thing doesn't bother me. I live in a row home in a very crowded city...I'm used to people being right next to me when I'm in my yard and people looking in my window when walking by. No one is sitting on the balcony across from you with binoculars, trying to get a peek in your window. I don't plan on walking around my room naked for all to see, so I think it'll be just fine. 

20 hours ago, Ret MP said:

When you went to Guest Services, did they offer a reason for the noise?  If not, it makes me wonder if it might have been the crew cleaning the spa/hot tub. But, as much as the cruise industry doesn't enforce their own rules, yes it probably was guests using the spa.  

They just mentioned that the tub is supposed to be closed but people are people and don't necessarily follow the rules.  Who would have thunk? 🙄 Didn't mention if it could have been maintenance work.  However she did start by telling us that if it happened again to call guest services.  My wife asked them "So if I get woken up again you want me to call you?"  The rep thought about what she said and decided to move us. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Magicat said:

The rep thought about what she said and decided to move us. 

Figures.  

Like I said, the cruise industry is notorious for not enforcing their own rules.  Well, unless it interferes with their profit margin.  But, if it is a customer related issue that doesn't involve money, your own your own.  

Thanks all for the feedback.  Seems like there are no real bad balconies except for personal preference and maybe pool deck noise.  I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything like quantum class where I could end up with the view of a life boat or whatever.  Appreciate the info.  Very helpful

On 1/20/2023 at 10:14 AM, Desertcruiser2023 said:

“John&LaLa -14730 and 14330 are awful”

We’re booked in 14730 on Harmony of the Seas. Is it really that bad?

I do not know why it is on this thread as one would not expect to get those cabins as gty balcony assignment. 

We won 14730, a 1 BR Aquatheater suite on Harmony via RoyalUp.  Among the Aquatheater suites, deck 14 is less desirable as the decks are smaller.  There was soot on the balcony floor; I don’t know if deck 14 gets more soot than lower ones.  We could sometimes hear some humming noise, I think from the flow rider pump …it did not bother us particularly but we are not noise sensitive.  If I had my pick (I didn’t😀), I’d pick a lower AT.  Still, we had a great, memorable cruise.  If the price was right I’d happily sail in 14730 again.  The balcony was big enough and had a great view.  Plan to wear slippers or flip flops or such on the deck to keep your feet clean.  Hope that helps.

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I do not know why it is on this thread as one would not expect to get those cabins as gty balcony assignment. 

We won 14730, a 1 BR Aquatheater suite on Harmony via RoyalUp.  Among the Aquatheater suites, deck 14 is less desirable as the decks are smaller.  There was soot on the balcony floor; I don’t know if deck 14 gets more soot than lower ones.  We could sometimes hear some humming noise, I think from the flow rider pump …it did not bother us particularly but we are not noise sensitive.  If I had my pick (I didn’t😀), I’d pick a lower AT.  Still, we had a great, memorable cruise.  If the price was right I’d happily sail in 14730 again.  The balcony was big enough and had a great view.  Plan to wear slippers or flip flops or such on the deck to keep your feet clean.  Hope that helps.

As the newer ships change to LNG, I hope the soot situations clear themselves on the aft cabins. The last thing I would normally think about is how an expensive aft balcony requires you to wear slippers in order to work around the situation. Happy to see that you had a good overall experience.

26 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

As the newer ships change to LNG, I hope the soot situations clear themselves on the aft cabins. The last thing I would normally think about is how an expensive aft balcony requires you to wear slippers in order to work around the situation. Happy to see that you had a good overall experience.

Our experience might have been dirty than usual.  We were on the first half of a b2b and won the that suite via RoyalUp.  The suite steward thought the suite was going to be vacant until the steward from cruise 1 delivered our luggage. He might have done a better job cleaning the balcony if he’d known we were coming….and he should’ve known if he understood RoyalUp profits the suite would not sit empty.  Regardless, there was enough nasty soot on soles that first day that I‘ll warn others. I hope they won’t have the issue.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:14 AM, Desertcruiser2023 said:

“John&LaLa -14730 and 14330 are awful”

We’re booked in 14730 on Harmony of the Seas. Is it really that bad?

For the amount of money you pay for the Aquatheater suite, the balcony on the 14 fl is way too small, its smaller than most balconies (Depth wise).  if you can, move down to the 12th or 11th fl. 11th having the biggest of the 1 br Aquatheater suites.

Edited by jptoz

On 1/19/2023 at 5:09 PM, BK79 said:

Anyone stayed in 7730? I am looking at is and that balcony looks enormous(could sit 10 people easy) in videos. Any thoughts on that location?

Stayed in 7730 this past summer. Its big but 10 people is a stretch.There were 2 recliners, and a small table with 3 chairs. That took up most of the balcony. 

On 1/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, jptoz said:

Stayed in 7730 this past summer. Its big but 10 people is a stretch. There were 2 recliners, and a small table with 3 chairs. That took up most of the balcony. 

How was the location, was it load from the Aqua/parties etc? Was there a lot of foot traffic?

Thanks

10 hours ago, BK79 said:

How was the location, was it load from the Aqua/parties etc? Was there a lot of foot traffic?

Thanks

Loved the location, deck 7 is the only deck with an aft entrance/exit. So it was real convient to get down to playmakers/Boardwalk  for a drink or something to eat.  Not alot of foot traffic at all. It was also a nicer walk back to the room, I found myself walking thru the boardwalk instead of a boring hallway to get to my room. Also loved the deck 7 aft balcony by the Aquatheater. Great place to have a cup of coffee in the morning, and enjoy an aft view. I've stayed in a Aquatheater suite before(I always try to get an aft Cabin), and I can honestly  say I Liked this location better. IMO the best location on Oasis class is deck 7 aft.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, jptoz said:

Stayed in 7730 this past summer. Its big but 10 people is a stretch.There were 2 recliners, and a small table with 3 chairs. That took up most of the balcony. 

Ignore sorry, seeing your reply now

Edited by BK79