Question on Teppenyaki

sdear

I also found this today, and booked.  Super excited (I even had a 3 night dining package, but after they said once that it could be excluded at the whim of the staff, I'm glad to have a separate reservation).  It looks like it got confused with the typical Izumi price.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

I also found this today, and booked.  Super excited (I even had a 3 night dining package, but after they said once that it could be excluded at the whim of the staff, I'm glad to have a separate reservation).  It looks like it got confused with the typical Izumi price.

It's also nice to have the reservation because the hibachi seems to sell out before you can even get on the ship to book it with the UDP.

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up! Booked for Wonder in 10 days. We have UDP, but I've run in to no dinner slots being available for Hibachi in the past, so I figured this at least guarantees us a slot.

I think I've seen on these boards people paying separately for Hibachi to guarantee they have a time, and then getting onboard and having them transfer the reservation to the UDP and getting an onboard credit for the ala carte purchase? Anyone have experience with this?

I think the cat is out of the bag for us anyways .

Unable to get Wonder Sept 2023 or any of ours past that date 

But very appreciative of OP’s finding and locking in Hibachi for 3 future cruises.

Izumi are going to wonder why the hell they are fully booked up for next 2 years 🤣😂😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Showing as $28.99 for us as well 

9:15 is the earliest for any day

Guessing word got out and all the early slots got snapped up 😎

0CF82714-EEAD-4532-BC33-54A544090EE5.jpeg

Why is it saying the original price is $35 (it says this on my cruise planner, too). I thought it was closer to $50? Getting ready to book...

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Why is it saying the original price is $35 (it says this on my cruise planner, too). I thought it was closer to $50? Getting ready to book...

Somebody has confused Izumi sushi with hibachi when entering the data is my suspicion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newbieflorida said:

Thanks for the heads up! Booked for Wonder in 10 days. We have UDP, but I've run in to no dinner slots being available for Hibachi in the past, so I figured this at least guarantees us a slot.

I think I've seen on these boards people paying separately for Hibachi to guarantee they have a time, and then getting onboard and having them transfer the reservation to the UDP and getting an onboard credit for the ala carte purchase? Anyone have experience with this?

I've done it, but it took a while to convince them to do the right thing. So is an hour of your vacation worth the $19/person (because it's a $10 up charge over the dining package).  I even had to print out the terms of the dining package on the website prior to going.  It was annoying to me because we were really excited, and booked it on Xmas eve in 2019- and mass ended up being at that exact time so we had to cancel. We all know what happened in 2020, finally got on in 2021 Xmas cruise, and they were like "uh no, this isn't part of the dining package because *everyone* would want it" and I was like "I know, because I want it, and I let you keep my money to have a reservation but now I'd like to use my package" and it took an hour at guest services to convince them to do the right thing ("but just for you, don't tell anyone").  YMMV, lol.

If I were you, I'd just go to playmakers for that cookie afterwards, and get 2 meals that night.

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Somebody has confused Izumi sushi with hibachi when entering the data is my suspicion. 

I think you are 💯 on this 

Izumi Chefs are going to be very busy for a long time

2 year wait list to get a seat 😜

Edited by PompeySailor

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I am sure you are probably correct although I would have thought they would have caught and corrected it by now. I once found, booked and sailed in the Royal Suite for a week on Oasis for $1499/pp...it was a clear mistake , my assumption they forgot to add a zero when inputting...I am sure it was supposed to really be $14,990/pp....that was the BEST FIND ever!!!

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

I am sure you are probably correct although I would have thought they would have caught and corrected it by now. I once found, booked and sailing in the Royal Suite for a week on Oasis for $1499/pp...it was a clear mistake , my assumption they forgot to add a zero when inputting...I am sure it was supposed to really be $14,990/pp....that was the BEST FIND ever!!!

Wow! that was a score!

10 hours ago, Newbieflorida said:

Yep I did this on the symphony in November. I knew it would likely book up before I got on the ship so I paid the $130 for us to go, on top of having already bought the UDP. 

When at dinner I asked the waiter to refund my money since I had the UDP and he was really confused, so he got the manager and she fixed it right away. It really didn't take that long, but I was willing and prepared to not get my money back when I made the booking, knowing that it might not work. 

Just checked back on my cruises and Teppanyaki is back to the real price of $50+ per person for dinner. Still showing as reserved for my Wonder and Odyssey cruises, but Icon is no longer showing hibachi as a dinner choice. Thank you to the OP for so quickly letting us know about this deal so that we could book it while it lasted! 

• Thanks 2