Final Payment due date for a “Hold”

MsSoCalCruiser

We have held cruises before and usually can hold a cruise for 3 days.  We just now placed a hold on a cruise and the final payment is due tomorrow. When did they change the hold time from 3 days to 1 day?  

ETA:  This cruise is after the final payment date.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We have held cruises before and usually can hold a cruise for 3 days.  We just now placed a hold on a cruise and the final payment is due tomorrow. When did they change the hold time from 3 days to 1 day?  

Do you mean deposit is due?  Not final payment?

I have had 2 or 3 day holds before deposit was due.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It is within final payment. Do they usually only give you one day if after the final payment date?

Yes if after final payment date the hold is 1 day.

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The sailing is in less than 90 days.  

So, since the cruise is sailing in less than 90 days, you are past final payment date, which means that if you book it you basically have to pay for it all up front.  That is why the hold is limited, too.

Enjoy your cruise.  I wish I had the flexibility in life I used to have to be able to book a cruise "last minute".

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I found on my last cruise that my Princess CVP was able to place a courtesy hold for 3 days when the website only gave 1 day.  This was well within 90 days of sailing. 

PVP's have a way to make the hold longer, they get a cut of sales, so they've been given a little more power.  

Yup, after final payment hold time is always a day, gives you just enough time to think about it, quickly.  I book frequently after final.  We know when hubs can travel, cruises we're likely to go on and what I'm willing to pay.  When all those things line up, I hold a room, then check if those dates are doable.  When they are, I book and when they don't align, I let the hold expire.  Nothing lost, kinda cool actually!

• Thanks 1