Carnival Corporation Stock

doleary1170

54 minutes ago, damiross said:

Individual ownership is quite high for CCL. (I'm taking "Other" to be individual owners).  

image.png.def60405888190e50c87247c24533b62.png

Other,  meaning of course the Arison family, plus of course various ME families.

Us small shareholders are insignificant. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coral said:

My TA has been receiving an updated booking notification lately when the shareholder credit has been applied. She then forwards it to me. This has happened several times in the past 6 months. Hasn't happened in previous years.

I applied for it on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, she received an updated notification which surprised the heck out of me.

Right, your TA was notified and passed the information on to you.

But Princess will not notify you directly even though the message posted above said they will.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ontheweb said:

What they ended up doing the next time it came up for renewal was to extend it 2 years instead of the usual 1 year renewal.

It has always been one year at a time.

For example, in February, 2022 when it was renewed it said: The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2023.

If they choose to renew it again this year, it will say The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2024.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gottagocit said:

Analyst are beginning to raise outlooks for CCL and other cruise companies after years of saying they’re to be avoided due to the risk of bankruptcy. They’ve began making $’s again and booking numbers appear to have sky rocketed. Prices of cruises and onboard services have increased in order to ensure survival. 

Yet CCL Corp stock is not recovering as well as the competition's stock.

For example. on Feb 26, 2020 CCL stock was $37.76 and today it is $11.88, down 68.5%

RCL stock on Feb 26, 2020 was $82.62 and today is $75.37, down 8.8%

6 hours ago, caribill said:

For example. on Feb 26, 2020 CCL stock was $37.76 and today it is $11.88, down 68.5%

Hence the speculation that it is time to purchase it…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you.  Do people feel comfortable using this form of transmittal?  Or, should I explore another avenue?  PDF and email seem the easiest way.

Just be sure to mark out  your account number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you.  Do people feel comfortable using this form of transmittal?  Or, should I explore another avenue?  PDF and email seem the easiest way.

We have been emailing the forms since they created the email avenue.  No problems, as previously mentioned you want to redact any account numbers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in Australia and requested the shareholder benefit for two cruises this week. 

1) 2 day cruise from Adelaide to Melbourne in November 2023

2) 14 day cruise round trip from Singapore in February 2024

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. We have received your request to have your shareholder benefits applied.

Upon checking the days out today of the booking is 353 days and the attached document, your shareholding dated February 2023.

We do appreciate the documents you sent to us however, we were sorry to say but we can not add the shareholder benefits for now as we still need to wait for

90 days prior to sail date.

4 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

I'm in Australia and requested the shareholder benefit for two cruises this week. 

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. We have received your request to have your shareholder benefits applied.

Upon checking the days out today of the booking is 353 days and the attached document, your shareholding dated February 2023.

We do appreciate the documents you sent to us however, we were sorry to say but we can not add the shareholder benefits for now as we still need to wait for

Which is more or less the same as the UK response.

Yet again it appears that Carnival has one rule for Americans  ( eg bidding for upgrades) and one rule for everyone else. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:14 PM, caribill said:

Considering the dilution of both companies, as well as NCLH, as well as the debt, CCL is pretty fairly priced. RCL on the other hand is significantly over what the fundamentals indicate it should be at when one considers the amount of dilution and debt.  RCL would have to be generating multiples of its pre Covid profit to justify that price.

4 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

On Monday, I submitted Shareholder request forms for two cruises, one in July and one in November.  Yesterday, the July cruise showed the OBC but not the November cruise.

We did not receive any notifications from Princess.  Maybe they deemed the November cruise too far away from sail date???

• Like 2

It appears that Princess is very inconsistent. 

I didn't use the form but emailed all the information for my 3 cruises and attached my stock information. I requested for a 3 & 7 day B2B in October this year and a cruise in April 2024. I received OBC for all 3 in about two days. Did not receive an email notification from Princess about the OBC being applied to my cruises.

Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We did not receive any notifications from Princess.

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Did not receive an email notification from Princess about the OBC being applied to my cruises.

Not a surprise there was no notification about the OBC being applied.

As I posted earlier:

On 2/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, caribill said:

But Princess will not notify you directly even though the message posted above said they will.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 6:06 AM, caribill said:

It has always been one year at a time.

For example, in February, 2022 when it was renewed it said: The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2023.

If they choose to renew it again this year, it will say The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2024.

And according to the latest Annual Report published yesterday, the benefit has indeed been continued: 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/ef80ac8c-e40e-42ad-ba8e-62a02fb13d6d

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I had no problem getting our shareholders benefit for our cruise in Feb 2024.  I also get the military benefit and our investment account is in both our names, I requested that the shareholder benefit be put in DW names.  We use these benefits for excursions.  We got the benefit, but it's not in DW name, we tried several times via emails, but to no avail.  We had no problem in the past.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

And according to the latest Annual Report published yesterday, the benefit has indeed been continued: 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/ef80ac8c-e40e-42ad-ba8e-62a02fb13d6d

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

No big surprise as they always do that, and there is no reason not to.

A big reason might be their net debt of $30.5B, as of Nov 2022.