2025 schedule

Calypso54

Just now, Calypso54 said:

When will the rest of the 2025 schedule come out?  After our cruise on Oceania in Dec we have decided to use them for Norway & Iceland. They have the perfect cruise this year, but we are already planned through 2024.

Schedules usually arrive in mid-spring and mid-autumn.

the  Iceland itins have not been good, as it either starts in Iceland or ends in Iceland....so you have to either stay in Iceland at the beginning or at the end at your own expense. To really have Iceland, you need the 3 days in the middle of cruise. Does such an itinerary exist?

21 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

the Iceland itins have not been good, as it either starts in Iceland or ends in Iceland....so you have to either stay in Iceland at the beginning or at the end at your own expense. To really have Iceland, you need the 3 days in the middle of cruise. Does such an itinerary exist?

That's what I say about Madagascar, which is why I'll have to plan my own lengthy trip (as I did with Paraguay in 2022). If only I could find one that had Mozambique and Tanzania, I'd take the Seychelles and/or Reunion. Shooting for 2025. Two weeks.

23 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

the  Iceland itins have not been good, as it either starts in Iceland or ends in Iceland....so you have to either stay in Iceland at the beginning or at the end at your own expense. To really have Iceland, you need the 3 days in the middle of cruise. Does such an itinerary exist?

On one of our O cruises across the North Atlantic (Southampton to NYC), we had three Iceland stops including two Reykjavik overnights and 3 stops in Greenland.

27 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Do you mean stay in one port for 3 days??

Maybe try a land trip

There are cruises that  do  r/t  Reykjavik and do port stops in Iceland

You have to look outside "your cruise of choice" box

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Do you mean stay in one port for 3 days??

Maybe try a land trip

There are cruises that  do  r/t  Reykjavik and do port stops in Iceland

You have to look outside "your cruise of choice" box

no, I mean different ports in Iceland and Greenland...

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

no, I mean different ports in Iceland and Greenland...

Oceania  has a few

Viking  also

Silversea

just do a search for yourself

Go to the top  of the page  on CC

FIND A CRUISE  

15 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

not sure this itin is still being offered....

All you need to do is “find a cruise” on the O website: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/london-to-new-york-INS240621/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23port%3DREK%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

3 days each in Iceland and Greenland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

All you need to do is “find a cruise” on the O website: ... 3 days each in Iceland and Greenland.

Now if only I could find one for Madagascar with 3 days there (time enoght to go to the capital for a day) and some Mozambique and Tanzania, too!

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

thank you for this....

much of it is booked...and the price is more than it was at opening, of course...very expensive....

will see what happens with new itins for 2025....

In 2019, we did Southampton-Southampton, 20 or 21 day cruise. It included two stops on the North side of Iceland and an overnight in Reykjavik. The later was after a scheduled 2 stop In Greenland. It was on the Nautica, and I believe they only ran that itinerary once per year at the time. The cruise typically filled quickly upon release.

That cruise was combined, with many aboard, with the 21 day Copenhagen-Southampton cruise that went up the Norway coast and over the top to Archangel. The Russian portion of that itinerary has obviously been eliminated, so not sure what’s happening now.

I have a cruise in 24 that begins in Scotland, ends in Boston, has three stops in Iceland, 2 in Greenland, as well as 4 or 5 other interesting ports.  Quite a bit of new territory for us. 

35 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

our problem is that there are no itins for Iceland in May or Sept...we dont travel in the summer months...

yes and Iceland is too cold I guess for May or Sept....

Viking have  cruises in May  & Sept   along with Silversea

go for the itinerary  not just the cruise line

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 3:07 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Schedules usually arrive in mid-spring and mid-autumn.

Any update on when we might get a peek at the 2025 itineraries that are not yet visible? Monday I board Sirena for a transatlantic from Aruba to Lisbon, disembarking on April 3. I guess it’s too much to hope that I could book on board for itineraries in the second half of 2025.
I’m not familiar with buying the future cruise credit. specifically do I have to transfer the future cruise credit to my TA within 30 days of purchase? Or, within 30 days of using the future cruise credit to make a deposit on my selected itineraries?

I am very excited for my cruise, thank you so much for any advice.

• Like 1

Last year they came out mid April and booking started on May 5th if this is any indication.

We purchased future cruise credit certificate. I'm pretty sure you can transfer it to TA within 30 days of the actual booking, otherwise it means that if you book 30 days after purchasing it, you cannot use a TA - which doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Any update on when we might get a peek at the 2025 itineraries that are not yet visible?....

I just wonder if there will be a Memorial Day "cabin-upgrade sale" in 2023, since O scrubbed the 2023 Presidents' Day Sale for the glob that is pretend "free" O life and OBC. 

Couple comments here.  A year ago we were on Regatta most of April and saw pre-release materials onboard about mid April as AK1004 said.

On the other hand, I used my personal cruise consultant to make a new booking yesterday and in the process asked him when the next tranche will be released, I mentioned May, he emphatically responded no, it's going to be August.  Correct?  I do not know, but that's from an O insider who should (but doesn't necessarily) know.

jon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jondfk said:

...I mentioned May, he emphatically responded no, it's going to be August.  Correct?  I do not know, but that's from an O insider who should (but doesn't necessarily) know.....

With inflation, interest rate issues, and various travel-related issues, would not surprise me if O waits a bit longer. They have to get their pricing right.

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Last year they came out mid April and booking started on May 5th if this is any indication.

We purchased future cruise credit certificate. I'm pretty sure you can transfer it to TA within 30 days of the actual booking, otherwise it means that if you book 30 days after purchasing it, you cannot use a TA - which doesn't make sense to me.

That "30 days after purchase you can't use a TA" statement does not track with my recent (two weeks ago) experience.  I purchased the FCC in January and booked a cruise through my super secret TA more than 30 days from the purchase.  He is assigned to this recent booking.

• Like 1