Sanctuary / Specialty Restaurants / Thermal Spa / Future Cruise Credits Jan 29 Cruise

Titanfan22

I have not cruised Princess before.  Information regarding any or all of the title topics would be appreciated.

Cruising solo Jan 29 on the Ruby out of Galveston.  As I consider various options the following questions come to mind:

Sanctuary:  Can you book for the week?  If so approximate cost and how / where do you reserve?  What amenities give it value?  Are there servers taking drink orders?  

Specialty dining:  App has not had the option to book Crown Grill since I reserved months ago. Is there a special way to do it, or how / where would I do it when I get on board?

Thermal Suite / Spa :  should have thought about this before I booked a room closer to the rear of the ship, lol.  Not a lot of info online as to what is available.  I’ve seen mainly steam rooms, sauna, and warm ceramic beds.  Is there anything else that makes this option appealing, hot tubs? Therapy pools? Etc.

Future Cruise Credits:  How do future Cruise Credits purchased on board work?  Are they limited to future deposits only or as OBC overall.  Is the amount limited Cruise by cruise? I’ve purchased on NCL before at $500 for $1000 future but they can only be used towards room deposits and limited to $250 per room per trip.

Sorry, I know this is a lot to digest.  I think Princess could do a better job upfront providing info on these subjects.  Thanks so much for any insight you can offer.  

Sanctuary: $20 half day and $40 whole day. Time slots are 8-12, 12-4. Just stop by and book in person. Choose sun or shade. The views are amazing. The chairs are ultra cushioned. Plush towels and fleece blankets are provided. Good proximity to adult only pool and hot tubs. They serve a specialty menu at a nominal charge (the best fruit platter I’ve ever had on board). They also do a full tea service in the afternoon (tiny sandwiches and cakes served on crockery). You can also order drinks and food on the app. This is my favorite place to go for solitude and quiet. Often just us and a few other couples. Several very attentive stewards dedicated to the venue. Cons: The main view is thru blue glass, but you do have clear, less forward options and can move around during your stay. It can be windy when at high speed, yet stewards can recommend less windy days. Seats sell out on scenic cruising days.

We cruise to Mexico and Alaska out of San Francisco and paid these prices when last cruising in 7/22.

D4B2B32E-404D-4D58-AA01-AC42D33DA6D1.jpeg

CA82492B-9590-4499-A752-573C1C9CF560.jpeg

22F6CECF-3755-4730-A291-188350CCF7D8.jpeg

For future cruise Deposits, you can buy them in the app once you are onboard. They are purchased at $100 each and you can buy multiple. Then when you book your next cruise, you use that as your deposit, I’ve never had to put down more. And then you will get OBC dependant on the room type you book and length of cruise. Attached is the letter you receive. 

our next cruise is 18 days so we got $150 in OBC, so a win for us. 

6746E5BD-419F-41A0-BEFE-C44160E1FFE6.jpeg

1 hour ago, jaycruising said:

For future cruise Deposits, you can buy them in the app once you are onboard. They are purchased at $100 each and you can buy multiple. Then when you book your next cruise, you use that as your deposit, I’ve never had to put down more. And then you will get OBC dependant on the room type you book and length of cruise. Attached is the letter you receive. 

our next cruise is 18 days so we got $150 in OBC, so a win for us. 

6746E5BD-419F-41A0-BEFE-C44160E1FFE6.jpeg

Tku. So, for 7 day cruise you 50 cents on the dollar in obc for every $100 spent on future Cruise deposit money 

You just call on the phone from your cabin to book while on board

You CAN book on the app

Go to dine my way

Click on book individual daily reservations 

Click in a day

Scroll down to see specialty dining possibilities and choose one

Then choose the time you wish to dine 

Future Cruise Deposit purchased on board (charged to your credit card on file/not onboard account) is one of Princess' best deals.

1.  Cost is (one FCD) $100 to be used as a deposit on your future cruise, regardless of "required" deposit.

2.  OBC in return, is dependent on number of days the cruise is AND cabin category.

3.  If not used in 2 years, you will receive a check for $100 OR you could ask for an extension of another 2 years.

On the top end, I don't know of any investment of $100 that would give you back OBC of $150 (17 day cruise in a suite).  

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

You CAN book on the app

Go to dine my way

Click in a day

Tks for the response.  The Italian restaurant is available on the App however the Steakhouse hasn’t been since the day I booked. 

3 hours ago, riffatsea said:

You CAN book on the app

Go to dine my way

Click in a day

And you can just go to the specialty restaurant after boarding. There should be someone there to help you make a booking.

7 hours ago, Titanfan22 said:

Tks for the response.  The Italian restaurant is available on the App however the Steakhouse hasn’t been since the day I booked. 

That seems to be a common problem these days, the CG is very popular and sells out online very quickly.  There MAY be available slots held back for bookings during the cruise, so head there immediately after boarding and try your luck.

Also, re the Sanctuary, it is also bookable for the entire week. It's $40/pp for a single day, $20/pp for a half day, but is discounted to $30/pp/day if booked for the entire week (so $210/pp total)

On 1/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, Titanfan22 said:

I have not cruised Princess before.  Information regarding any or all of the title topics would be appreciated.

Cruising solo Jan 29 on the Ruby out of Galveston.  As I consider various options the following questions come to mind:

Sanctuary:  Can you book for the week?  If so approximate cost and how / where do you reserve?  What amenities give it value?  Are there servers taking drink orders?  

Specialty dining:  App has not had the option to book Crown Grill since I reserved months ago. Is there a special way to do it, or how / where would I do it when I get on board?

Thermal Suite / Spa :  should have thought about this before I booked a room closer to the rear of the ship, lol.  Not a lot of info online as to what is available.  I’ve seen mainly steam rooms, sauna, and warm ceramic beds.  Is there anything else that makes this option appealing, hot tubs? Therapy pools? Etc.

Future Cruise Credits:  How do future Cruise Credits purchased on board work?  Are they limited to future deposits only or as OBC overall.  Is the amount limited Cruise by cruise? I’ve purchased on NCL before at $500 for $1000 future but they can only be used towards room deposits and limited to $250 per room per trip.

Sorry, I know this is a lot to digest.  I think Princess could do a better job upfront providing info on these subjects.  Thanks so much for any insight you can offer.  

We were on the Sky last week and discovered that the Sanctuary is a popular spot to be on sea days (and other days).  So much so that people head straight to the Sanctuary after boarding (with their luggage) to book their reservation for the week.  By the time we figured this out and got there, the entire week was booked solid