Responses from Celebrity?

D C

1 hour ago, Los_Pepes said:

My close relative was the president of a Fortune 30 company. Dozens of times per day people would call the switchboard looking to be connected to his office. The switchboard would route the call 2,000 miles away to a CS center's escalation desk and it would be answered "Mr. Los_Pepes" office". 

I was part of the exec. office of an international company.  The Head Office Executive staff, on it's own, is usually limited.  Yes, there are escalations to CS from a 'switchboard' ...long gone BTW...or an answering receptionist.  But there are occasions when an Exec. Office staff member would become involved in 'routing' to an actual person or dept. who could be of more immediate assistance if the subject warranted.  This also would be in effect with emails and letters to the President.

Edited by Oceangoer2

I appreciate that you believe you are speaking to the actual office of an executive.  After I spoke the "executive office" I received a service survey asking how the service I received on my call and listed the name and title of the person I spoke to. Her title was "Pre Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team" That is not a title you posses when working in the C-Suite. You also don't have automated customer service emails sent out for calls into the C-Suite. 

My close relative was the president of a Fortune 30 company. Dozens of times per day people would call the switchboard looking to be connected to his office. The switchboard would route the call 2,000 miles away to a CS center's escalation desk and it would be answered "Mr. Los_Pepes" office". 

"Pre cruise corporate guest relations" is clearly different to "executive office". I have never had "service survey" following the call.

I have had a fully detailed email covering everything discussed.

I have had the immediate (while I was on the phone) resolution of a FCC that I wanted changed from £'s to 💲to use on a cruise booked in the US which the Reservations Staff, Reservation Supervisors and the  Captain's Club had been unable to fix.

The number and email works. The staff who respond have the authority to get results and/or to explain X's policy, and they listen to the points made. Do they ever change policy? Well clearly yes as compolsary AI has for the most part been dropped.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, the penguins said:

"Pre cruise corporate guest relations" is clearly different to "executive office". I have never had "service survey" following the call.

I have had the immediate (while I was on the phone) resolution of a FCC that I wanted changed from £'s to 💲to use on a cruise booked in the US which the Reservations Staff, Reservation Supervisors and the  Captain's Club had been unable to fix.

The number and email works. The staff who respond have the authority to get results and/or to explain X's policy, and they listen to the points made. Do they ever change policy? Well clearly yes as compolsary AI has for the most part been dropped.

I just spoke with the direct name and number given me, providing more info to them.  It was answered by an Executive Office person, then transferred to the person I was trying to reach.  At the end of the call, when on a personal note, I did take a chance asking if the person I was speaking to was in the CS Dept.  Hesitation..... then offered she was attached to the Executive Office, but in the CS escalation division to help those persons who are reaching the Pres. Office.  So maybe this question as to who we are speaking with can now be put to bed......LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 2

I appreciate that you believe you are speaking to the actual office of an executive.  After I spoke the "executive office" I received a service survey asking how the service I received on my call and listed the name and title of the person I spoke to. Her title was "Pre Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team" That is not a title you posses when working in the C-Suite. You also don't have automated customer service emails sent out for calls into the C-Suite. 

28 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I received a survey after they called me.  The survey email itself was signed as: Corporate Guest Relations Leadership Team, while the title of the rep I spoke with was referred to as Post Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team. 

The call center that fields these emails is surely different than the normal Celebrity call center, most notably in that they're dealing with customers from a totally different perspective.  They need to be provided with talking points to the issues they're being bombarded with. Ideally, they would get talking points in advance, but I suspect there's some lag time, and the points may change as more and more feedback comes in.  I wouldn't be surprised if the agents frequented FB and CC boards to see what's going to be headed their way.  

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just spoke with the direct name and number given me, providing more info to them.  It was answered by an Executive Office person, then transferred to the person I was trying to reach.  At the end of the call, when on a personal note, I did take a chance asking if the person I was speaking to was in the CS Dept.  Hesitation..... then offered she was attached to the Executive Office, but in the CS escalation division to help those persons who are reaching the Pres. Office.  So maybe this question as to who we are speaking with can now be put to bed......LOL.

lol   Yeah their goal is to make people believe that they are in fact receiving executive attention when if fact they are speaking to a low-level CS rep.  It seems to be working.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mnocket said:

lol   Yeah their goal is to make people believe that they are in fact receiving executive attention when if fact they are speaking to a low-level CS rep.  It seems to be working.

How cynical you are!  FGS....they're as honest as they need to be and in fact are a part of the exec. office not lying.  Do you feel better served thinking that a highly exec. person is hearing your problem and personally can do nothing about it, except to refer it or that what you call a lowly level CS person is actually solving it.  This thread and others on FOOD are becoming too much. 

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

How cynical you are!  FGS....they're as honest as they need to be and in fact are a part of the exec. office not lying.  Do you feel better served thinking that a highly exec. person is hearing your problem nd personally can do nothing about it, or that what you call a lowly level CS person is actually solving it.  This thread and others on FOOD are becoming too much. 

I would agree that I'm often cynical.  I'm sometimes even right😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I would agree that I'm often cynical.  I'm sometimes even right😏

When my wife got Covid , we final got results once we talk to the executive email and phone number,

they were able to get us a refund and make make a decision on the amount 

So I guess sometimes you even wrong 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

None of us like the cut backs but I for one feel it is nessary and long overdue. Correct me if I am wrong... they have limited the  the food options for dinner at the OV buffet because a limited number of people actually have dinner there but it's still AVAILABLE. Lobster you still get one but pay for a second you still can order say a steak dinner and lobster tail for no extra cost. Look I can get lobster tail at home from Publix and eat all I want but I pay for it. This is reasonable for me. Room service is still free in the morning for all continental breakfasts with coffee. Sounds reasonable to me. Suite guests get more amenities because they pay more no one is stopping any of us from taking a suite. The food in Luminae is no better any worse than the food in the Main dining room. We all know food prices have skyrocketed so some adjustment should be expected and understood. I feel we are all treated almost like Royalty on cruises by the crew. One class only first class! I book a suite on my longer cruises 14 days or more only for the cabin size not to be treated any better because I am not. If my wife would cut back on all the luggage the Ocean View cabin would work fine.

Still available and sufficient are not the same thing and what' sufficient is subjective.  As someone that dines at OVC for dinner, not having made to order protein and a good selection of vegetables is not sufficient.  I'm not paying just for available.  If that we the case, I'd stay home. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bonagrad said:

Still available and sufficient are not the same thing and what' sufficient is subjective.  As someone that dines at OVC for dinner, not having made to order protein and a good selection of vegetables is not sufficient.  I'm not paying just for available.  If that we the case, I'd stay home. 

Exactly.  As someone with significant - and potentially fatal - food allergies, being able to get non-seafood choices and sometimes vegetarian choices (that aren't pasta or wilted lettuce) is important to me.  The stir-fry station was fantastic for that, as was the Indian station.  Carved meats are good because I don't have to worry about what might be in a sauce or gravy.  I let the special needs department know my concerns, and they've always been really great about making sure I knew what was safe for me to have.  But there are some things I never have to worry about, and having those as options really makes a huge difference in the quality of my vacation.  For my husband, who doesn't eat seafood at all and for whom a simple meal is best (and who doesn't WANT to be served every night or sit for 2 hours for his dinner more than maybe once on a cruise) it's absolutely an issue.

I mean, I suppose some people would be happy if the exact same menu was 'available' in the MDR every night with absolutely no variation because hey, it's 'available', and if you don't want to eat banquet grilled chicken and mac  & cheese every night, you can always go to a pay venue for an upcharge, right?  Oh, and as someone mentioned earlier, good luck getting a reservation. 

And the only specialty restaurant that really works for us is the Tuscan Grille.  And maybe the Lawn Club Grille on ships that have that.  So most of those other restaurants are simply out as options for us, pay or otherwise.

I'm guessing a lot of passengers would be upset if the only choice for breakfast & lunch was the OVC, no MDR,  no Blu, no Luminae, no room service - and only limited options for free for dinner in the evening, but lots that you can pay for!  After all, you're on a cruise!  So just enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Exactly.  As someone with significant - and potentially fatal - food allergies, being able to get non-seafood choices and sometimes vegetarian choices (that aren't pasta or wilted lettuce) is important to me.  The stir-fry station was fantastic for that, as was the Indian station.  Carved meats are good because I don't have to worry about what might be in a sauce or gravy.  I let the special needs department know my concerns, and they've always been really great about making sure I knew what was safe for me to have.  But there are some things I never have to worry about, and having those as options really makes a huge difference in the quality of my vacation.  For my husband, who doesn't eat seafood at all and for whom a simple meal is best (and who doesn't WANT to be served every night or sit for 2 hours for his dinner more than maybe once on a cruise) it's absolutely an issue.

I mean, I suppose some people would be happy if the exact same menu was 'available' in the MDR every night with absolutely no variation because hey, it's 'available', and if you don't want to eat banquet grilled chicken and mac  & cheese every night, you can always go to a pay venue for an upcharge, right?  Oh, and as someone mentioned earlier, good luck getting a reservation. 

And the only specialty restaurant that really works for us is the Tuscan Grille.  And maybe the Lawn Club Grille on ships that have that.  So most of those other restaurants are simply out as options for us, pay or otherwise.

I'm guessing a lot of passengers would be upset if the only choice for breakfast & lunch was the OVC, no MDR,  no Blu, no Luminae, no room service - and only limited options for free for dinner in the evening, but lots that you can pay for!  After all, you're on a cruise!  So just enjoy.

Looks like we'll be seeing you in the OVC on Reflection in April!

On 1/24/2023 at 12:35 PM, D C said:

Email addresses are not case-sensitive, so LLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com will work. 

Surely not her actual address, but the 'call center' staff that responds seems to do so within a couple of days. 

I have tried this email using both LL IL, it always gets kicked back....Is it a remote posibility that

the email address is being blocked from recieving anymore emails??

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I have tried this email using both LL IL, it always gets kicked back....Is it a remote posibility that

the email address is being blocked from recieving anymore emails??

Worked for me yesterday and I received a call back today.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, virginconvert said:

I, personally, am absolutely delighted with the cutbacks — especially to the Ocean View Cafe where SO much food is prepared for dinner and relatively few wanting to enjoy it. I also think the charge for second lobster tails is a good idea to stop the greedy gobble gannets putting the price up for everyone else. It is evident Celebrity - as expressed in their marketing materials - is wanting to attract a younger, wealthier demographic. That might not suit me, but I appreciate they are trying to find a point of differentiation....For those who are upset, there is always Carnival Cruise line!!

On 1/23/2023 at 6:02 AM, southernbreezes said:

I agree with you and think 90% of Celebrity customers do also. The 2 or 3 times I had dinner in the OVC because we were late getting back from a tour tired and did not want to dress I saw maybe 20-30 there having dinner. Total waste of food and manpower! You are right Carnival is great for those that do not want a more upscale Cruise experience.  People can write all they want the changes are here to stay only because 90% of us like them.  

14 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

None of us like the cut backs but I for one feel it is nessary and long overdue. Correct me if I am wrong... they have limited the  the food options for dinner at the OV buffet because a limited number of people actually have dinner there but it's still AVAILABLE. Lobster you still get one but pay for a second you still can order say a steak dinner and lobster tail for no extra cost. Look I can get lobster tail at home from Publix and eat all I want but I pay for it. This is reasonable for me. Room service is still free in the morning for all continental breakfasts with coffee. Sounds reasonable to me. Suite guests get more amenities because they pay more no one is stopping any of us from taking a suite. The food in Luminae is no better any worse than the food in the Main dining room. We all know food prices have skyrocketed so some adjustment should be expected and understood. I feel we are all treated almost like Royalty on cruises by the crew. One class only first class! I book a suite on my longer cruises 14 days or more only for the cabin size not to be treated any better because I am not. If my wife would cut back on all the luggage the Ocean View cabin would work fine.

So which is it? 

Are you delighted with the cutbacks, or do you not like the cutbacks? Based on your posts, you certainly seem delighted with them as you continue to wish for some guests to have a lesser experience because they don't want the same things from a cruise as you do. 

To say that OVC should be fine for those apparently inferior to you simply because "food" is still offered speaks volumes.  I can only imagine what you would think of my wife and I for voluntarily having quite enjoyable dinners consisting of pizza and wine on multiple occasions on our most recent cruise. 

Edited by D C
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, D C said:

To say that OVC should be fine for those apparently inferior to you simply because "food" is still offered speaks volumes.  I can only imagine what you would think of my wife and I for voluntarily having quite enjoyable dinners consisting of pizza and wine on multiple occasions on our most recent cruise. 

I have never felt superior to anyone in my life. Love pizza and wine! I do not think about what you and your wife do or eat so please stop your worries. I think we all get what we pay for with Celbrity and this is why even with the higher prices we keep booking our travels with them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southernbreezes said:

I have never felt superior to anyone in my life. Love pizza and wine! I do not think about what you and your wife do or eat so please stop your worries. I think we all get what we pay for with Celbrity and this is why even with the higher prices we keep booking our travels with them.

Sounds like you have no problem with lowered standards.  That’s good for Celebrity right now.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Tried that as well No luck...Blocked?

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

After reading your post I sent Lisa an email using the link I provided you. It went thru. Now I'll wait to see if  I get a response from her or her team. 

@mpdog42, as a follow up I did receive an email and phone call from one of her staff members for the department I had questions about. So the email address is correct.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, manmachine said:

Sounds like you have no problem with lowered standards.  That’s good for Celebrity right now.  

You have been on a lot of Carnival Ships so not sure you are the one to  talk about lower standards you need to try one of the Edge Class Ships pure luxury. My next cruise is in April. 15 nights in a Celebrity Suite on the Apex doubt any lower level of food or service will be noticed. All the suites had been sold out for months I got lucky to get the one that I did someone must of canceled just before final payment. 

• Like 1

My email to the executive office majored on the fact that there were major changes brought in but no communication to passengers about this. To say I was underwhelmed by what happened next was an understatement. First of all my daughter received a phone message from X regarding it. My daughter does not live with us and has a different name and phone number. Her only contact with celebrity was as an emergency contact number on our last cruise. I emailed them asking them not to contact her again. I then received a missed call and message at 10pm when I was getting ready for bed!  They clearly had not taken onboard that I am in the UK and there is a time difference. The message asked me to ring them back. No way was I making an international call when I had already set out my concerns in an email. I emailed this to them. I then received a call the next day. The lady I spoke to apologised that we had not been informed of the changes and assured me that the correct info was on the app. It wasn’t and the app still states that room service is complimentary some 26 days after the changes were made. The lady told me that the changes were made to bring X into line with other lines. I made the point that X charges extra as a modern luxury line and we were being brought into line with inferior lines but at a higher price. She did say that X wanted feedback so they could gauge opinions of the changes. 
I did then receive another call the next day from the UK office who apparently had no idea that the exec office had been in touch although clearly it was the exec office that asked her to call. 
I can’t honestly say that I am impressed or reassured by this. We shall go on our cruise in June and will report back to X the good and the not so good aspects of the cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

You have been on a lot of Carnival Ships so not sure you are the one to  talk about lower standards you need to try one of the Edge Class Ships pure luxury. My next cruise is in April. 15 nights in a Celebrity Suite on the Apex doubt any lower level of food or service will be noticed. All the suites had been sold out for months I got lucky to get the one that I did someone must of canceled just before final payment. 

Carnival used to be much better then it is now.  I am talking back in the early 2000s.  We kept going because…kids.  But we moved to Celebrity because Carnival just kept… cutting… back.

it happened over a period of years for them to become so bad that we won’t go anymore.

All the way down the cheerleader kept saying it didn’t matter.  They would still enjoy their cruise.  ‘No big deal.’

i can tell you this, as someone who has only cruised 5 times on Celebrity, all on Solstice class ships:  The experience isn’t today what it was then.  Even in Blu. And I am afraid it is going to be much worse before our 12 night in Aqua and Scandinavia gets here.

As someone experienced in senior management with a large business driven by Wall Street I can assure you:  this cutting cycle is a viscious one.  Cuts begat cuts begat cuts.

BTW:  ‘pure luxury’ on a mass market cruise line?  Hmmm.

Edited by manmachine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1