First Impressions

SRQbeachgirl

5 hours ago, Pickels said:

We are cruising on the Reflection next month, and appreciate all the valuable information you guys have provided.  One question we have has to do with coffee in the buffet---do they have disposable travel cups for the coffee like they had on the Equinox and the Silhouette? If they do, then we can leave our travel cups home;  thanks all!  Happy Cruising!

They do, but the lids are terrible and do not stay on. I wouldn't trust them if you're planning to carry them around much.

Lasting Impressions...

We disembarked the Reflection this morning in what was a very easy and quick process. It's back to work for me tomorrow (Mr. SRQ is retired - or as he calls himself, my full-time assistant). 

We both agreed this was the most relaxing cruise we've ever had, which was exactly the type of experience we were looking for. We truly don't have a single negative thing to say about the ship, service, food, entertainment, or fellow passengers. I'm sure if we had looked hard enough we could have found something to be critical of, but we had no desire to go looking for things to nitpick.

This cruise clearly demonstrated to us what it's like to be on a ship full of adults who actually act like adults. We kept commenting to each other about how nice it was.

From arrival to departure and stem to stern, Celebrity has made a great lasting impression on us and earned our repeat business. We can't wait to plan our next X cruise!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

So is it safe to say your first impressions from a week ago held throughout the cruise? 

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable and relaxing time and your comments seem to echo everything I experienced on Reflection last year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OysterD said:

So is it safe to say your first impressions from a week ago held throughout the cruise? 

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable and relaxing time and your comments seem to echo everything I experienced on Reflection last year! 

Yep, pretty safe to say! 😁 Can't wait to sail her again!

On 1/23/2023 at 1:14 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

It's Day 2 and I can happily report that our "first impressions" have held true so far. We are having a great time and are delighted with the "feel" of this cruise.

We have seen a few children--and by "few" I mean seven total--but they were welll behaved and being supervised by parents and grandparents. The median age of passengers is definitely higher than we've experienced before and it makes for a much more relaxed cruise. 

We had dinner in the MDR last night and service was excellent. I would consider the food quality to be fairly standard banquet fare, with the standout being the French onion soup...YUM!

We went to a comedy show that was really good and thankfully lacked the crudeness of some of the recent shows we've seen on Carnival. The 80's party was a lot of fun as well, with it being pretty obvious which party goers have already had hip or knee replacement and which of us would likely need one of them soon (raises hand). 

We are in Nassau today with three other ships--two MSC ships and the Carnival Mardi Gras, which we were on last summer. After roaming around the port I can't tell you how happy we were to come back to the Reflection, where we were greeted with a refreshment station, rather than to the Mardi Gras.

As for those two future Carnival cruises listed down there in my signature...well, if the rest of this week is on par with our experience so far, those are likely to get canceled when we get home. 😉

Love the description of Celebrity cruisers:  Those who have had hip/knee replacements and those who will need them.  Not sure where you live in SRQ land but we are currently visiting Siesta Key and I would say the demographic is the same.  

• Like 1