First Impressions

SRQbeachgirl

DH and I boarded the Reflection today for our first Celebrity cruise. If first impressions are anything to go by, we're going to have a very happy week. We boarded shortly after 11am and have already had lunch and explored the entire ship (even played ping pong). 

So far we have not seen a single kid. Not one. And no herds of family reunions with matching t-shirts. No yelling at Uncle Bob across the room. No teenagers jumping lines at the buffet (actually, no lines for anyone to jump). No massive 20-something year old groups already clogging up the hot tubs. No "bump and grind" music blasting at ear-splitting levels on the Lido deck.

I'm in heaven. Might have just found us a new cruise line if our first impressions hold true for the week.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

DH and I boarded the Reflection today for our first Celebrity cruise. If first impressions are anything to go by, we're going to have a very happy week. We boarded shortly after 11am and have already had lunch and explored the entire ship (even played ping pong). 

So far we have not seen a single kid. Not one. And no herds of family reunions with matching t-shirts. No yelling at Uncle Bob across the room. No teenagers jumping lines at the buffet (actually, no lines for anyone to jump). No massive 20-something year old groups already clogging up the hot tubs. No "bump and grind" music blasting at ear-splitting levels on the Lido deck.

I'm in heaven. Might have just found us a new cruise line if our first impressions hold true for the week.

Good to hear, let us know later in the week how things are going. We are on the Reflection in a few weeks.

• Like 2

Welcome to Celebrity, we love Reflection. Actually we few to Europe when she came out sail on he and have sailed her 3 times since. Our last was last winter for a B2B and will sail again with her in March for another B2B.

Reflection is a “S” class ship and there are others in her class.

Enjoy the week. Keep us posted.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Heart warming, hope the cruise continues to please.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PMT51 said:

This is why we love Celebrity. I remember reading that a Celebrity cruise is where people get together to read 🙂. We have foubd that to be pretty accurate and just what we like. Welcome.

Our cabin is right next to the library. I've already been checking out titles for when I'm finished with the two books I brought with me. 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Our cabin is right next to the library. I've already been checking out titles for when I'm finished with the two books I brought with me. 🤣

We spend good times wondering through the library, picked some great books up there to read. Always leave the ones I have taken too. Not sure many people want to read about Leeds United though but that’s my main book topic, love em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Enjoy your laid back cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

We spend good times wondering through the library, picked some great books up there to read. Always leave the ones I have taken too. Not sure many people want to read about Leeds United though but that’s my main book topic, love em.

I'll be leaving behind a couple of Carl Hiaasen novels. He's one of my favorite vacation reads and--living in South Florida--I find his "Florida Man" characters hilariously accurate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Pretty bold statement for only being on the ship for a couple of hours. No scheduled meals, no entertainment, no chance to evaluate all the services, no time to judge the activities, etc. If someone would post negative comments over the same period of time, they’d be crucified by the “loyalists” who thinks anything that happens on a cruise is good enough for them.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Pretty bold statement for only being on the ship for a couple of hours. No scheduled meals, no entertainment, no chance to evaluate all the services, no time to judge the activities, etc. If someone would post negative comments over the same period of time, they’d be crucified by the “loyalists” who thinks anything that happens on a cruise is good enough for them.

😁a bold statement to say he / she is enjoying themselves. How dare they.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I'll be leaving behind a couple of Carl Hiaasen novels. He's one of my favorite vacation reads and--living in South Florida--I find his "Florida Man" characters hilariously accurate.

Love me some Skink!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Ooo...kay...   

If I'd waited to experience all that before posting anything it would be two days into our cruise and wouldn't really be "first impressions" any longer, now would it? For what we'd experienced SO FAR--embarcation, lunch in OVC, drink service from two bars, meeting our cabin steward, talking with several other crew members, muster check-in, assistance at the internet desk, and a walk around the ship--we were feeling positive vibes. Don't crush my vibes, man! 😁

I'll have more non-first impressions to share later. For now, I'm in my Happy Place.

• Like 53
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Ooo...kay...   

If I'd waited to experience all that before posting anything it would be two days into our cruise and wouldn't really be "first impressions" any longer, now would it? For what we'd experienced SO FAR--embarcation, lunch in OVC, drink service from two bars, meeting our cabin steward, talking with several other crew members, muster check-in, assistance at the internet desk, and a walk around the ship--we were feeling positive vibes. Don't crush my vibes, man! 😁

I'll have more non-first impressions to share later. For now, I'm in my Happy Place.

You go Girl! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Have a great cruise and enjoy every minute.  So glad your first impressions have pleased you so much.  Reflection is the only S class we have not been on.  However, Silhouette, a sister to Reflection is our favourite.  Our favourite restaurant on Silhouette is Lawn Club Grill and it is on Reflection too.  See if you can get a discount (if they are not too booked up) and enjoy it too.

Bon Voyage.

• Like 2

As someone said earlier, there are five S-Class ships, all built between 2008 and 2012, with Reflection being the "newest", built ten years ago.  All five S-class ships are similar, so if you like the Reflection, you will also like the other four.  They are all pretty similar in layout, with your Reflection and the Silhouette having a different Lawn Club layout than the other three.  But, for the most part, you would like any of the other four if you like the Reflection.  It is our favorite class of ship.  We still like the S-class over the new E-class ships which began rolling out a few years ago.  

• Like 6

The Reflection is our favorite S class ship.   Its theme is reflection.   There is a lot of art work using that  theme.   You need to walk down the hallway to Blu     There is a wall lined with painted mirrors.   You may not notice  anything but dots,  it is an optical forest.  If you look at it using your phone to take a picture you can see the forest.    There is also a piece by Blu that has a moving changing picture.   It is rather slow so be patient.  

This is the forest picture 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9B0B925A-8941-497B-BD29-C273CE6C14BA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1