Pinnacle Grill Lunch

CruiserN1

I’ve tried maybe a few days before.  Usually I need to go to where they take reservations because if you have any other reservations it won’t let you book on navigator.  I don’t like to book something just in case.  I won’t book it unless I fully intend to go.  The person I quoted said it’s rarely full and they never had problems so I’m  responding to that.  If you book it the second you get on the ship I’m sure it will be fine.

9 hours ago, peanutter said:

Do all/any of the other specialty restaurants offer lunch options on random days or is it only the PG? We've only been on HA a few times and I can't remember. 

Just the Pinnacle

On 1/24/2023 at 1:44 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've tried to get in many times in the past and it was fully booked for lunch.

We had the same experience on the Oosterdam TA. We tried several times to book a reservation and were told they were fully booked. We sent a message to the hotel/food manager and magically a reservation time opened for us. We found many empty tables surrounding us at lunch.  Is it a shortage of staff?  We were happy to finally have a Pinnacle Grill lunch but felt unwelcomed by the Maitre'd when we first inquired to secure a reservation. I did send a thank you to the Manager after our lunch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, recruiter 28 said:

We had the same experience on the Oosterdam TA. We tried several times to book a reservation and were told they were fully booked. We sent a message to the hotel/food manager and magically a reservation time opened for us. We found many empty tables surrounding us at lunch.  Is it a shortage of staff?  We were happy to finally have a Pinnacle Grill lunch but felt unwelcomed by the Maitre'd when we first inquired to secure a reservation. I did send a thank you to the Manager after our lunch.

I really feel it's a shortage of staff.  

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 9:38 AM, DaveOKC said:

I would go to the Pinnacle Grill and talk to them directly, if they are there.  Less miscommunication that way.  By the way, SOMETIMES the Pinnacle Grill is open for Lunch on a port day. so check with them.  I have seen it when we had a short port day.

I have had that same experience. Once, while anchored off Sitka, we ate in the PG.  What a wonderful experience, it was rainy and dreary and eating a wonderful meal in the PG at a window table watching the mist was magical. 

• Like 2