BEST price guarantee clarification please

nashville15

Looking at booking for 2024….So if I book now for 2024 on a NON  refundable cruise fair,  and I find a price in the future to be lower than original booking, BEFORE final payment, I would have to submit a BEST price guarantee form and I would receive OBC for the difference, is that correct? 
Thank you for clarification! 🙂

If you are in North America and the price drops before final payment you can contact Celebrity or the TA if you booked using one and reprice at the prevailing rate/promotion.   After final payment there is no price adjustment or OBC.  

The best price guarantee really only is useful if you book after final payment and the price changes within 48 hrs.  During covid the policy was much more generous but it has now reverted to the pre-covid terms.

3 hours ago, nashville15 said:

Thank you but if you find the lower price before Final payment, do you receive the adjustment to the price or as OBC?

No credit. The cruise will be repriced at the then current promotion. Any perks/extras you had will disappear and you will only have the new fare and promotions in effect at that time.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen the details yet on the Celebrity website, here's the link:

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Here's a couple of the highlights:

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

However, here's what it also says in the T&C:

You will be asked to provide the lower cruise fare and/or the Added Value offer (the "Requested Savings") as found on the Celebrity Cruises® website. The Requested Savings must be available for booking or redemption at the time that Celebrity reviews the Claim Form submitted (usually within 48 hours from receipt of submission).

Just a thought. When we would book directly with Celebrity before our CVP moved to a different cruise line, he told us to always put the "lower cost" mock booking on HOLD, especially if it was on a weekend. This way he could transfer our cabin # on our existing booking (when he came in on Monday) to the new booking on HOLD with the lower fare, even if the fare subsequently increased, as cruise fares can change quite often in a short period of time.

• Like 1

I never use the form.   Just call whomever you booked with and have the price adjusted in real time.  The advise above is good about putting a mock booking on hold especially if you can't immediately contact your travel provider.

• Like 2

I usually take a screen shot, put the room on hold and submit using the form and e-mail.   If prior to final payment they will reduce the price, if booked with an agent they will tell you to contact your agent.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I usually take a screen shot, put the room on hold and submit using the form and e-mail.   If prior to final payment they will reduce the price, if booked with an agent they will tell you to contact your agent.

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you haven't seen the details yet on the Celebrity website, here's the link:

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Here's a couple of the highlights:

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

However, here's what it also says in the T&C:

You will be asked to provide the lower cruise fare and/or the Added Value offer (the "Requested Savings") as found on the Celebrity Cruises® website. The Requested Savings must be available for booking or redemption at the time that Celebrity reviews the Claim Form submitted (usually within 48 hours from receipt of submission).

Just a thought. When we would book directly with Celebrity before our CVP moved to a different cruise line, he told us to always put the "lower cost" mock booking on HOLD, especially if it was on a weekend. This way he could transfer our cabin # on our existing booking (when he came in on Monday) to the new booking on HOLD with the lower fare, even if the fare subsequently increased, as cruise fares can change quite often in a short period of time.

A GREAT suggestion!!Thnx!😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nashville15 said:

Looking at booking for 2024….So if I book now for 2024 on a NON  refundable cruise fair,  and I find a price in the future to be lower than original booking, BEFORE final payment, I would have to submit a BEST price guarantee form and I would receive OBC for the difference, is that correct? 
Thank you for clarification! 🙂

I call and its adjusted,  I hold on the line and wait for an email to confirm before hanging up. I have done this more times than I can count. Just this morning saved $480 off an Alaska sailing for this July.

Total call time was 8 mins. I got lucky! 

Patty 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cw2go said:

I call and its adjusted,  I hold on the line and wait for an email to confirm before hanging up. I have done this more times than I can count. Just this morning saved $480 off an Alaska sailing for this July.

Total call time was 8 mins. I got lucky! 

Patty 

19 hours ago, nashville15 said:

Thank you, I book thru Celebrity, trying to “get my ducks in order” for a 24 cruise in case price decreases before final payment 

I've posted this before.   To check prices I do a search for the cruise or cruises and create a shortcut link to the page where you select cabin type.    That way I can check it daily quickly with a couple clicks.

Example:   https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=AX07W462&sDT=2023-04-15&sCD=AX&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to cw2go for posting. Based on her price reduction, I checked on my Alaska cruise on the Solstice for June and sure enough, the price dropped by $864. (I checked yesterday and no change. There was also no change on the advertised promotion.) I called and after a few minutes on hold, they adjusted the price and sent a new booking confirmation!

For this cruise, the price of Aqua Class is currently cheaper than booking a standard veranda or concierge class with all-inclusive added. (Aqua Class prices include all-inclusive.)

• Like 1