Concierge Class vs Veranda

looking4info

Need some help. Not very familiar with Celebrity so hoping for some info. Looking at the Solstice there are GTY Concierge Class and GTY Veranda cabins available. The pricing difference is only $110. Looked through the Celebrity site and found a boarding day lunch with Concierge but really couldn't find a lot more. So my questions... What other "upgrades" come with Concierge Class and is the $110 a good deal? Sorry if these are basic questions. Thanks for your help.

The embarkation day lunch is a huge benefit to us because it lets us avoid the chaos of the buffet and is a great way to start the cruise.  The rooms in both categories are identical.  Concierge class cabins often are in a little better locations so take a look at the deck plans and see if you have a preference where each are located (if location is important to you).

Concierge class earns loyalty points at a higher rate 5 points per night vs. 3 points per night.  This only matters if you expect to build loyalty with Celebrity.

The other benefits to concierge class aren't all that important to us (bottle of sparkling wine, daily treats, access to the concierge) but may be important to others.

If the price difference isn't too large, we like concierge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Others have mentioned the major differences, Cabin location tends to be better for this class, simmilar to how the AQ group get better/closer access to the spa in most cases. Each class of ship is slightly different. Below is the link to the Celebrity site with the outline for the rooms. You can compare on that site. We did AQ on our last cruise, and we are trying concierge on this cruise. Most of the same benefits except for Blu and Access to the Spa. Both of which we didn't care for. Plus the location is more midship which is what we wanted.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

• Like 1

The differences are not huge - generally we tend to book Concierge only because the price difference is usually minimal when we book.  When it isn't, we book verandas.

48 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The rooms in both categories are identical.  Concierge class cabins often are in a little better locations so take a look at the deck plans and see if you have a preference where each are located (if location is important to you).

I would say the rooms are mostly identical.  We travel with our sons (10 and 12), and for some reason none of the Concierge cabins have an upper berth.  The fourth bed is a pull out under the sofa.  The Veranda rooms directly below Concierge have the upper berth "bunk" bed.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Can anyone confirm this perk list for Concierge Class on Apex (Edge Class ships): Mostly trying to confirm the priority check in and debarkation - and does the priority debarkation also happen at each of the ports with tenders?

Perks (as listed on Cruisedeckplans.com)

Concierge / Priority Check In / Priority Luggage Delivery / Priority Debarkation / Afternoon Canapes / Complimentary Shoe Shine / Fresh Fruit / Fresh Flowers / Welcome Champagne / Priority Dining Reservations / Thick Cotton Robes / Pillow Menu / Celebrity eXhale custom premium mattresses / Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system / Complimentary tote bag / Upgraded room service menu / Use of binoculars and golf umbrella / Hansgrohe massaging shower-head / Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge / Extra hand-held hair dryer / NEW dedicated onboard concierge desk, concierge service available during check in, exclusive destination seminar, exclusive welcome aboard lunch in main dining room from 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. /

14 minutes ago, Dd3thomas said:

Can anyone confirm this perk list for Concierge Class on Apex (Edge Class ships): Mostly trying to confirm the priority check in and debarkation - and does the priority debarkation also happen at each of the ports with tenders?

Perks (as listed on Cruisedeckplans.com)

Concierge / Priority Check In / Priority Luggage Delivery / Priority Debarkation / Afternoon Canapes / Complimentary Shoe Shine / Fresh Fruit / Fresh Flowers / Welcome Champagne / Priority Dining Reservations / Thick Cotton Robes / Pillow Menu / Celebrity eXhale custom premium mattresses / Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system / Complimentary tote bag / Upgraded room service menu / Use of binoculars and golf umbrella / Hansgrohe massaging shower-head / Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge / Extra hand-held hair dryer / NEW dedicated onboard concierge desk, concierge service available during check in, exclusive destination seminar, exclusive welcome aboard lunch in main dining room from 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. /

That is an old list.  Concierge no longer gets priority anything.

Here is a link to Celebrity's page regarding Concierge Staterooms with the current benefits (scroll down a bit):  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Thanks for all the responses. After looking at deck plans and the info here decided on Concierge Class GTY. No buffet crowds on embarkation day a big plus.  Also, it mentions sparkling wine upon request. How do you request it? Again, thanks for all your responses.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, looking4info said:

Thanks for all the responses. After looking at deck plans and the info here decided on Concierge Class GTY. No buffet crowds on embarkation day a big plus.  Also, it mentions sparkling wine upon request. How do you request it? Again, thanks for all your responses.

Just ask your stateroom steward for the wine.  You may request the bubbly or a bottle of white or red wine if you don't like bubbly.  

In addition to the Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR, my other two favorite benefits are the occasional invitation to sail away from the helipad and the pre-disembarkation lounge with pastries and coffee.   It's a nice way for you to wait for your number group to leave the ship on the final day! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, looking4info said:

Just make sure you do online check-in process as soon as it opens up (about 45 days prior to sailing) since I believe the Concierge lunch only seats until 1pm and if your boarding time is later, you may miss that.  I find myself in that situation now since we procrastinated and the earliest chec-in time we could get is 12:30 - which seems to mean onboard at 1pm.  I hate that I feel like I need to make a mad dash for the dining room!

UPDATE:  I just checked the APP and it says it runs from 12:30 - 2pm.  I am so glad I was mistaken 🙂

Edited by DaisyFire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Past Summit, August 2022 Iceland and Greenland we don't receive the Sparkling Wine bottle

Did you request it?  It hasn't been sitting in the room for some time now (even pre-covid) but is available if you ask for it.

Mike

We have sailed concierge since 2012 and it has always been in the cabin when we arrive until our sailing on Solstice last August.  Was told we had to ask room steward for it.  Yet another way Celebrity is working on the bottom line.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, prmssk said:

That is an old list.  Concierge no longer gets priority anything.

Here is a link to Celebrity's page regarding Concierge Staterooms with the current benefits (scroll down a bit):  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Thanks for the info!

23 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

UPDATE:  I just checked the APP and it says it runs from 12:30 - 2pm.  I am so glad I was mistaken 🙂

Wow, that's great.  I was in the same 'boat' with the 12:30 time and was wondering about how I was going to get there, MDR. 

• Like 1

We booked Concierge for the cabin location, but I'd book it again just for the optional body pillow. Best. Pillow. Ever. 

I will now be stalking Amazon to see if I can find one just like it (it's 10 times better than the one I have at home).

• Haha 1